What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger shot and killed after biting man's arm. (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
Cincinnati had Harambe and  I guess Naples had Eko...

Very graffic video included in news article, below.

Link

Hard to judge the office saving the guy but could he have tried shooting first away from the tiger? Maybe that would have made the tiger release long enough to pull the victim to safety without harming the tiger?

I don't know what I even watched.  wtf did tge tiger get him through the fence? gotta punish and shoot the tiger for being a tiger? 
Story is that the guy is part of the after hours cleaning crew and had no access/authorization to be near the tiger. Apparently, he took it upon himself to try and feed the tiger as well as pet him.

He reached in and the tiger snatched.

Story is that the guy is part of the after hours cleaning crew and had no access/authorization to be near the tiger. Apparently, he took it upon himself to try and feed the tiger as well as pet him.

Yep, 100% he should have lost his arm vs tiger losing its life.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Cincinnati had Harambe and  I guess Naples had Eko...

Very graffic video included in news article, below.

Link

Hard to judge the office saving the guy but could he have tried shooting first away from the tiger? Maybe that would have made the tiger release long enough to pull the victim to safety without harming the tiger?
Really, take your time, everyone. My god. Zero sense of urgency by anyone to get to the cage. Could they walk any slower? WTF????

What possessed the guy to try and pet an apex predator? How dumb does someone have to be for their “I probably shouldn’t go near the 200lb striped set of teeth and claws for a variety of reasons” section of their brain to not work properly? I hope they sue him for the worth of that animal, which is a critically endangered species, by the way, and he never gets to go within a mile of any zoo anywhere for his stupidity. I also agree that zoos should be phased out, and the sooner the better. I know they can’t just ship the animals back, because they wouldn’t fend for themselves, but definitely no new animals should be brought in.

Really, take your time, everyone. My god. Zero sense of urgency by anyone to get to the cage. Could they walk any slower? WTF????
Maybe that's because it's dark, and they don't where they are going.  When they get to a clear path, they go a lot faster.

Thoughts on shooting away from the tiger? Do you think this would have been enough for him to let the guy go?

Thoughts on shooting away from the tiger? Do you think this would have been enough for him to let the guy go?
How about a warning shot, if that didn't work - maybe try one in the leg?  it's not like the tiger was running around or anything.  

Not sure about firing a warning shot.  Maybe the tiger pulls even harder when it's startled and takes the guy's arm off.

Feel bad for the tiger.  :(   Stupid human.  Some people have no grasp of reality and danger.

I have no stomach to listen to those screams right now.  Sadly not the worst screams I heard today.  :(  

The kid is an idiot and it's awful this tiger lost his life. Sign me up for getting rid of zoos altogether. I see no point in caging wild animals. You say better the kid lose an arm than the tiger lose his life, I'm not arguing.

But I'm not sure how you criticize the officer here. Maybe you don't like it, but the cop's job there is save the human, stupid as they may be.

Not sit and have a think tank on all the ways to get out of this with the animal alive.

Certainly not go firing random warning shots in the freaking dark. 

Leg shot sounds like a great idea, but the tiger likely doesn't survive that and that could very likely make the situation worse for the human.

I get being pissed at River and the whole situation, but I say cut the cop some slack here. This is a weird situation that they likely weren't trained for. They were called to a freaking zoo and did what they were called to do.

Also, it’s time to shut down all these zoos. Make poaching punishable by death by whichever animal they killed. 

If I have one weakness it’s animals. Stuff like this makes me sick. 
Yeah, I've been going to the zoo more regularly with my grandsons (3 and 5).  They really don't focus on the animals.  They just like to move around/run around the open space.  The parents and grandparents take a lot of pictures and look at them later.  At Brookfield Zoo here in Chicago, the boys are as interested in climbing on the gorilla statue as they are being in Tropic World with the live animals.

To add: My wife and I did a safari trip a few years ago, and seeing (and smelling, and hearing) animals in their natural habitat was the best trip I've ever had.  I recommend it 1000%, if you ever get the chance.

Yeah, I've been going to the zoo more regularly with my grandsons (3 and 5).  They really don't focus on the animals.  They just like to move around/run around the open space.  The parents and grandparents take a lot of pictures and look at them later.  At Brookfield Zoo here in Chicago, the boys are as interested in climbing on the gorilla statue as they are being in Tropic World with the live animals.

To add: My wife and I did a safari trip a few years ago, and seeing (and smelling, and hearing) animals in their natural habitat was the best trip I've ever had.  I recommend it 1000%, if you ever get the chance.
I love the zoo and I know they mean well. I know that they bring in money for animal rescue and help keep species alive. It’s also no way for an animal to “live”. 

If the are going to go extinct, so be it. Nearly every animal including us are going to perish at some point. Asteroid, sun flare, floods, or some other reason. The earth will still be here and another form of civilization will crop up. Hopefully one that doesn’t keep animals in cages for any reason. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Foot rub involved? Yea I didn’t think so

Best trip ever pffft

The problem is many of these facilities exist because a lot of states allow people to own exotic animals like tigers. There is no reason for a civilian to be able to purchase an animal like this--sorry. 

Our zoo here in Colorado Springs is one of the best in the nation. You can see the care and love they have for their animals here. 

Foot rub involved? Yea I didn’t think so

Best trip ever pffft
Watching a hyena stare longingly at the dead zebra a leopard had hauled up into a tree?  Then going off-road to find the leopard chillin' in the shade?

Having a lion saunter over and drop down to rest three feet from our small, open vehicle on a warm afternoon?

Seeing and hearing a hippo drop poo into the small pool of water in front of our cabin before rolling around in said water?  (Eww)

Turning a corner around a cabin with a Masaai guide and staring down a massive hippo (redundant) fifteen feet in front of us?

The best.   :yes:

The problem is many of these facilities exist because a lot of states allow people to own exotic animals like tigers. There is no reason for a civilian to be able to purchase an animal like this--sorry. 

Our zoo here in Colorado Springs is one of the best in the nation. You can see the care and love they have for their animals here. 
Was at that zoo this summer. Definitely a nice zoo in a beautiful setting.

eoMMan said:

Darwin strikes again

Clown Car said:
My friends daughter is a zookeeper there. She works with leopards or jaguars or some kind of cat. She is so distraught over this. 
When you get a chance and she's in a better space, I'd like to hear how this guy got access to stick his arm into the cage. 

When you get a chance and she's in a better space, I'd like to hear how this guy got access to stick his arm into the cage. 
I will ask her mom. From what I’ve read he had some true capacity for being there as a cleaning crew and went where he wasn’t supposed to. But I will try to get details in a week or two. 

Users who are viewing this thread