What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans WRs for this week (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
Edit: Marcus Johnson was not activated.

Josh Reynolds had two injuries and a shoulder surgery earlier this year. Before Julio signing, he was supposed to replace Davis due to his blocking ability and downfield speed.

Marcus Johnson stole the show all off-season. He's in his fifth year and like everything came together for him. There's tons of articles in him now. 

Julio and AJB sat most of the off-season so the Titans are well prepared for this game.

Reynolds hasn't impressed and when he needed to, an injury flared up. Johnson became a (offseason) starter early and then Chester Rogers did and they did not give it back.

Johnson seems likely to return from IR this week to show the world what he's become while he bounced team to team. I have him in FF but will wait til Jags next week.

He was the third starter (til last preseason game injury) and all of them were to move around a lot. Without him, Julio and AJB have largely stayed in a spot with Rogers inside. 

Reynolds hasn't looked comfy or himself so I'm not interested for FF.

Rogers is better than he's been and you've all seen he too improved.

Cam Batson is a speedy little bigger the Titans have liked for years now. He's had a few huge catches for them and yet only maybe a dozen each year. 

NWI is the hustling last WR that plays special teams and then developed as a WR the last two years. He's very much appreciated and they threw him a bone last week getting him in. This is the lesser (but totally fine) athlete that does everything right, coach's pet type. It's not crazy for him to block first n second and be pulled on third down.

Firkser is back and he still hasn't become a blocker so he'll get slot work some.

Forgot Racey- Racey is a prototype WR that sat behind studs in college. He's replaced NWI as the last WR special teams guy. He needs sooo much experience so he's definitely getting in. I forget but guess 6-4 height, hands, nice speed...he's a project. I don't figure he does anything this year and maybe next year he's a surprise or year three. You'll see athletically he is 'worth the time' and may jump out at you during the game but then he'll run an awful route or turn the wrong way or...you'll see he needs time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Titans goal is to get Johnson or Reynolds (or both) comfy so they can get back to moving WRs around.

Otherwise, they just want to let everyone eat. There are fun DFS plays but I wouldn't have confidence for redraft

Stashed Marcus on my dyno IR based on your earlier posts. Excited to see what I might have; appreciate your Titans insight as always!

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
Wouldn't be touching any of them in redraft. Think they likely just spread the ball around enough to keep the defence honest and not completely stack the box vs Henry, then once they're inevitably up by a couple of scores it's all Henry anyway

Wouldn't be touching any of them in redraft. Think they likely just spread the ball around enough to keep the defence honest and not completely stack the box vs Henry, then once they're inevitably up by a couple of scores it's all Henry anyway
I never heard Vrabel use the word manage until the post game last game about Julio. 

This is new territory with 17 weeks and a division they should win easily. Sargent might be a December back. It's all new total guess

Stashed Marcus on my dyno IR based on your earlier posts. Excited to see what I might have; appreciate your Titans insight as always!
Thank you. It's so difficult to gauge anything with him out three weeks, practice closed, and no requirement to say anything til he's activated. Vrabel can say nothing, activate him Sunday morning, and ....I bet he does

Confidence?

NWI isn't a bad play at all.

Everyone in this game isn't a key cog so there is no baseline or track record to go on.

AtoZ hasn't seen practice just like everyone else. They've done an awesome job of getting their name out there in a short time. Sometimes, they make calls like this to further their name. "We predicted NWI while no one else did." No one holds them accountable for misses so why would they stop? It's fun though too- good radio to all make guesses.

That's where we're at though- no history, no practice views, guessing

So AJB and Julio are both out for sure.  If you had to pick up one of the others for this week (PPR), who would it be?  Seems like Rogers or NWI would be the obvious options, given their share of snaps in previous weeks.  But, maybe it's not that simple.  Johnson intrigues me, but in the short-term, I'm basically looking for whoever is going to have the highest floor in terms of targets.

And, yes, I am that desperate.  Not necessarily going to start whoever I grab, but in FFPC leagues (where rosters lock Sunday morning before inactives are declared), I am just covering my bases.  Seems like half of my players are questionable this week, in more leagues than not, and I'm a player or two away from literally not being able to fill a lineup.  

Who is going to catch balls this week to take pressure off Henry?

Thinking about snagging the Ten Defense but not if the O can't move the ball.

Jets secondary is terrible and now they’ve lost Marcus Maye. The blocking dummies could probably catch 5 balls for 75 yards on Sunday.
Can the Jets score? If not, the Titans may not have to pass much. At some point I think Wilson has a good game.

Can the Jets score? If not, the Titans may not have to pass much. At some point I think Wilson has a good game.
It’s hard to say “yes” based on what’s happened so far but as you said some progress on offense should be expected and the Titan’s D is significantly the worst defense they have played so far, so I think the Jets should be able to score this week.

Any chance that Firkser is the primary beneficiary with AJB and Julio out?
Sure, especially with both Jets safeties out this week. Going against him though is the other TEs have "come alive the last two weeks" with exceptional blocks and each getting some key catches....and that he's been out.

Pruitt wasn't resigned, didn't get added in offseason til camp and didn't make Minny's roster. Titans brought him back and he looks determined. 

Tory Carter started over Blas and he's been the top FB in HS and college before being beaten out by Blasingame. Last week he laid the wood in classic fb style. 

Vrabel (finally!) benches and promotes. This week I'm thinking Blas is itching to hit someone and ....so all that and Firkser is the guy that doesn't block well. It doesn't trend toward him. 

It’s hard to say “yes” based on what’s happened so far but as you said some progress on offense should be expected and the Titan’s D is significantly the worst defense they have played so far, so I think the Jets should be able to score this week.
The Titans have had massive turnover in the secondary so oddly enough, Byard is the only one Davis will have played against in practice. Cruikshank has been a career ST guy and he actually has played well at the other safety spot. Total surprise when they needed it because the other two safeties that played next to Byard we're awful.

Jenkins is fantastic at smothering but his WRs are making catches anyway.  He's not turning his head to play the ball and his WRs are doing well. He's right there, results should be better.

Fulton has been a shutdown corner after very much looking like a bust. I think he's only allowed three catches. 

Jackson and Borders are two hungry hustle give it their all CBs. 7th and UDFA they lack ideal athleticism so a savvy WR can beat them. 

The Titans play a zone every fan hates and every team sends their WR to right in front of the ILBs for a predictably easy catch. They're gonna battle everywhere else and look pretty good til this is so stinking easy. I don't think he's playing but Jamison Crowder could have twenty catches and Jets could just throw there all day. 

The thinking must be to not allow big plays and be ready when teams throw outside oland what NFL team will skip the outside WRs for a day? It works...enough...but it's painful to watch.

I would guess Jets slots have a fine day and Wilson learns why Byard is a top safety when he pushes his luck deep. They probably want Davis on Jenkins too

Titans Lewan is sitting and very much looks like a guy that hasn't gone through PT well post ACL surgery. He was excellent last week but I guess his knee flares up so he's sitting. The Jets D line should be able to apply pressure and if the Titans can get a good lead, Woodside should play. 

At some point the Jets D line will be like everyone else, love the taste of a sack, so they pin their ears back and are ill prepared to stop Henry so he steamrolls them. It's almost inevitable now with Henry's success and I simply figure enough times and the Titans get a good lead.

Titans Lewan is sitting and very much looks like a guy that hasn't gone through PT well post ACL surgery. He was excellent last week but I guess his knee flares up so he's sitting.

Do you have a source for this?  Saw he missed  Wed practice and was full participant Thur/Fri and wasn't on injury report.  I haven't seen anything about him missing this game elsewhere.

Dr. Octopus said:
Jets secondary is terrible and now they’ve lost Marcus Maye. The blocking dummies could probably catch 5 balls for 75 yards on Sunday.

The Jets secondary are unknowns, but they have been pretty good this year. Just one passing td in three games  (that busted play where Robbie Anderson scored the 57 yard td). Also top 10 in passing yards allowed.

The defense has miracusouly actually been really good considering all the turnovers and bad field position. 

Henry will probably get 3 rushing tds though.

joeschmo said:
Do you have a source for this?  Saw he missed  Wed practice and was full participant Thur/Fri and wasn't on injury report.  I haven't seen anything about him missing this game elsewhere.
Him or Compton, but you are 💯 correct.

That's kind of funny. Bussin W the boys!

I expect AJ and Jones to sit again. 

The Titans ran a couple deep routes and that's it for much of the game. That can't happen again. The WRs gotta run routes more than five yards. 

Reynolds stunk again, but he woke up late and showed something. He didn't get separation but made catches and...maybe worth considering.

NWI was a body.  It bugged me to not do much with him, give him so many snaps, and he essentially blocked.

Rogers looked fine when he ran routes more than five yards but that was rare.

Johnson is again likely to return and I think this is who they push, not AJB or Jones. Risk the supposed great extra not the bonafide studs injuring themselves worse.

Pruitt is like ummm hi a pro bowler what? He got another 90+ grade from PFF and is blocking phenomenally well. He's caught everything thrown his way but it's so few times. 

The Titans OC wants 3 WR but they allow sacks and the linemen are clearly spoiled by the two TE offense Smith ran. They must use it as they did weeks 2 and 3. 14? sacks in 1 and 4 when they didn't. Downing must own this fact.

That would mean Pruitt and Swaim not Firkser. Hudson made a heckuva catch but got hurt.

Batson wasn't really used. He's caught like three TDs on the same play as yesterday and the Jets were foolish to fall for it. I still think he could be used and surprise some for FF. Speedy lil bugger isn't much on most teams but they're desperate.

My prediction Johnson, Reynolds, and Rogers with NWI and Batson subbing in. A whole lot more snap n throws to Rogers and Batson in the slot so Jags can't pin their ears back

AJ practiced, no pads, this week and will play.

Marcus was activated so.... still think one week to get comfortable but I just want to see why every (experienced too) reporter has been so impressed

I think y'all saw Batson climb back to- don't forget about me and he'll continue to be speedy lil bugger used here n there but not much for FF.

NWI inactive, Reynolds didn't do much....gotta take note.

Rodgers looked same- good depth

Marcus had a lot of snaps and led them in receiving. (3 for 52) 

I don't think there's a need for this thread anymore with Julio returning, it should be back to normal- so I'll stick to player threads other than AJ. 

Users who are viewing this thread