What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***TNF-Baltimore Ravens (-7.5) at Miami Dolphins*** O/U 46.5 (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Tua is going to be a GTD but thinking Brissett will get his 5th start of the season. I'll put a score up later but this looks like it could be an ugly game for Miami. 

Go!

The forecast is for a 50% chance of rain at kickoff as a cold front makes its way south. The forecast mentioned pockets of heavy rain are possible.  Stay tuned to this thread. 

The Miami defense has been playing better lately, but Lamar is special. 

Tua is going to be a GTD but thinking Brissett will get his 5th start of the season. I'll put a score up later but this looks like it could be an ugly game for Miami. 

Go!
As a Raven's fan (and contemplating starting their defense), I hope you are right.  It would just be nice for the defense to finally show up, dominate this game and give Lamar a break.

Got Balt -1.5 as the front end of a teaser, I can't see them actually losing this game but last week showed anything is possible.

I mean Jacksonville beat the Bills last week, anything can happen...Just another Thursday night snooze fest. Thanks NFL. 

Miami had to do everything it could last week to beat Houston. I can't see this one being close. 

Balt 24

Mia 6
After last week it’s hard to tell.
Plus (I haven’t checked the stats) I feel like road Thursday night teams usually don’t play up to par 

The Ravens just need to avoid their typical slow start. Roman says he has stopped scripting a First 15 because each week the opposing D comes out with something they've never shown on film before in an effort to slow Lamar down. Hoping that the short week has limited Miami's defensive bag of tricks.

When trailing by 10+ points after 3 quarters this year, the Ravens are 2-1. The rest of the NFL is 0-66. The Titans' 8-point rally vs Seattle is the only other time a team has come back from more than 7 down in the fourth quarter to win this year. Throw in the Ravens' 7-point 4th quarter comeback last week, and they're 3-1 when trailing by 7+ after 3 quarters. The rest of the NFL is 5-78.

I also hope Lamar isn't too hyped up in his hometown return. Sometimes he tries to do too much and that's when he throws a bad pic or fumbles when struggling for an extra yard. He just needs to let the game come to him. With Watkins healthy, this is the first time he'll have the full array of Hollywood Brown, 1st round pick Bateman, and Watkins. Seeing what they have when they go w 3 WRs will be tempting and yet the Ravens' O really started to click last week with 2 RB, 2 TE personnel so I hope they don't get away from that too much

J.Waddle O/U tonight for yds? Chance he scores his 4th TD of the season tonight?

3 of his last 4 weeks 70/2TD, 83 and 83 last week with Brissett. 

No Parker or Fuller to my knowledge. 

65/TD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's the Balt RB to carry the team this week?  Bell was getting GL carries last week.  Freeman had the total touches.  Which direction will the wind blow in the Balt Backfield?

Who's the Balt RB to carry the team this week?  Bell was getting GL carries last week.  Freeman had the total touches.  Which direction will the wind blow in the Balt Backfield?
Is this really true?  Didn’t see the game, but stats show with Bell getting 1 carry inside the 5 last week (a 1 yard TD), while Freeman had 1 carry inside the 10.  Both saw 3 snaps inside her 10.  

Is something missing?  Has Bell become Baltimore’s GL back?

J.Waddle O/U tonight for yds? Chance he scores his 4th TD of the season tonight?

3 of his last 4 weeks 70/2TD, 83 and 83 last week with Brissett. 

No Parker or Fuller to my knowledge. 

65/TD?
Brissett has a higher PFF grade than Tua, 78 to 73. He also throws a better deep ball than Tua. Remember the 2 deep passes dropped by Parker vs the Bills, one in the endzone, the pass in OT that hit Fuller in his hands in the endzone vs LV, and the long near completion to Merritt last week. He also completed a 17 yard pass last week to Waddle, one of his few receptions on a ball traveling more than 20 yards. He's also a good short-yardage runner. His main problem has been holding onto the ball too long in the pocket. Miami will score more than 6 points.

Is this really true?  Didn’t see the game, but stats show with Bell getting 1 carry inside the 5 last week (a 1 yard TD), while Freeman had 1 carry inside the 10.  Both saw 3 snaps inside her 10.  

Is something missing?  Has Bell become Baltimore’s GL back?
Just going off what I read in his profile update on Yahoo.  13 touches for Freeman.  11 touches for Bell.  Bell was in on the goal-line situations and scored the only rushing TD last game.  That's why I'm trying to get some clarification from those in the know...

2 weeks in a row he is dressed and ready as THE backup. Something seems a little off, what is Flores' MO here?

EDIT: I don't understand why they would have him as the backup if they really wanted to protect his health. Not OK to start, but OK to come in when Brissett gets hurt? It's not like they are in the running for a wildcard halfway through the year.

EDIT again: I see they have no qb3 on the depth chart and understand now. Interesting choice to not move anyone up from PS or sign a qb3.

If only Devonta Freeman had this much juice last year when he was a Giant...

I guess all that time off re-energized his body.

Guy I'm playing this week has Lamar and a that's pretty much it in terms of actual fantasy football options on his team due to injuries and bad drafting.  I kinda feel bad about still wanting Lamar to have a down game.

That said let's go Freeman woo!

Users who are viewing this thread