What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***TNF...Green Bay at Arizona*** (-6.5) O/U 50...D.Adams-OUT, A.Lazard-OUT, MVS-OUT, Is there a WR in the House? (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
We know Green Bay is going to be short handed. 

Rodgers is 6-0 the last 2 or 3 seasons when he has not had Adams at WR, MoP is taking those 6.5 points tonight, at least that is my early forecast this morning. Let's see if anyone else is going to be OUT tonight. 

Go! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Most signs point to Arizona for sure. Green Bay shorthanded,Cardinals at home in prime time looking for franchise first ever 8-0 start.

So

Green Bay-30

Arizona-27

I think GB does enough to hang around but Arizona pulls away in the 4th. 

Arizona 37

Green Bay 24

This was a tough decision before Adams and Lazard were out, now it is even harder. I think everyone will be on Cards, therefore I'm leaning GB with the points. 

Picked up MVS in a few spots last night. I will probably be forced to start him tonight. There are a couple spots I didn't need to but decided to play a little WW defense. I am sure they will lean on Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon more than usual but I have to think this will be a high scoring game and that MVS could be in line for 10+ quality targets. 

Picked up MVS in a few spots last night. I will probably be forced to start him tonight. There are a couple spots I didn't need to but decided to play a little WW defense. I am sure they will lean on Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon more than usual but I have to think this will be a high scoring game and that MVS could be in line for 10+ quality targets. 
And he'll end up with 3 catches for 44 yards. 

-Jokes aside, he does have a track record last season for decent production and can produce 3/75/TD and that's a wrap but that would be terrific for many tonight. I didn't know he was cleared to play. 

-In the last 24 months going back to 2019, he has at least a handful of pretty strong performances, many times with limited catches or targets. 6 quality targets probaly would get you what you are looking for this evening. 

Good call and good job of bringing a potential exploit/spotlight on a player many might overlook.  

MVS? Sure, he could pop.....but I'd rather drink turpentine and urinate in a brush fire than roll him out there....and I've experienced both.

Nah, gimme Cobb for a retro performance. With limited options, Rodgers gonna try remind everyone why he insisted on bringing him back. Retro Rodgers-to-Cobb tonight.

Is Donald Driver still available?

Cobb and Tonyan are the plays for GB imo in the pass catching department, I think Aaron Jones will be used heavily this game, running passing routes often. 

I think Chase Edmonds is due for a big game. I think he will break off a few long runs so Conner doesn't have the chance to steal his carries. He had a solid line last week albeit against the Texans. 

And he'll end up with 3 catches for 44 yards. 

-Jokes aside, he does have a track record last season for decent production and can produce 3/75/TD and that's a wrap but that would be terrific for many tonight. I didn't know he was cleared to play. 

-In the last 24 months going back to 2019, he has at least a handful of pretty strong performances, many times with limited catches or targets. 6 quality targets probaly would get you what you are looking for this evening. 

Good call and good job of bringing a potential exploit/spotlight on a player many might overlook.  
To be fair, I have only heard from a couple blurbs that he is expected to play tonight, but as far as I know ATM he has not been activated yet. I don't know when the cutoff for that is today. I saw something that said he looked good in practice. IDK.

MVS? Sure, he could pop.....but I'd rather drink turpentine and urinate in a brush fire than roll him out there....and I've experienced both.

Nah, gimme Cobb for a retro performance. With limited options, Rodgers gonna try remind everyone why he insisted on bringing him back. Retro Rodgers-to-Cobb tonight.

Is Donald Driver still available?
That actually sounds quite a bit more fun than being locked up in quarantine watching Aiyuk get 2 targ..oh nevermind. Yeah I think Cobb could be a good play, too. Thing is that I just have to believe the Cardinals put up points and get the Packers out of any possible presumption of a run game. Who else are they going to throw to besides Cobb/MVS and Tonyan and the backs?

Seems we would have heard about MVS being activated by now, no?  Also, I recall AZ getting hurt more often by interior receivers.  Things could be aligning for Cobb...which means Tonyan and Jones have 10 catches each tonight.

Seems we would have heard about MVS being activated by now, no?  Also, I recall AZ getting hurt more often by interior receivers.  Things could be aligning for Cobb...which means Tonyan and Jones have 10 catches each tonight.
FWIW Matthew Berry just put out his email update saying MVS is expected to play. I have seen zero anything to suggest he won't play. Other than he still has the IR designation on FFPC, for example. That said, they also have him projected for ~10 points. I mean, I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

looks like i'm heavy into GB on this one especially negative game script

rolling jones, tonyan and cobb 

as a bears fan it makes me 🤮🤮🤮

The Cardinals DC Vance Joseph made some interesting comments this week and I think his point is valid (here).  Paraphrasing, Rodgers tends to force the ball to Adams from time to time, take deep shots, etc.  If you take that away, it might help the Packers in a sense because he's forced to play what Joseph calls a "true" game or a "cleaner" game.  I think there's some truth to that.  He often ignores open check downs and safer options when he has Adams running deep. Cobb, Amari Rodgers, Taylor, Winfree - they are all decent WRs. The tight ends and A. Jones can all catch.  The main concern for me from the Packers perspective is that the Arizona offense is going to put some big numbers up tonight.  I think the Packers can move the ball and score, but don't think they can hang a big number and I think that might be what is needed tonight.

Curious to see if Green Bay decides to sit other questionable players. They are already without 4 all-pros (Bahktiari, Z-Darious, Jaire, Adams) and 2 other starters (MVS, Myers). Another 2 starters (King and Preston Smith) are questionable, and were inactive last game, while Clark and Lowry are banged up. If I were them I would rest everyone on the short week and give them time to get healthy before KC next Sunday. 

do they split Jones out as a receiver and put Dillon into RB for several plays?
I think that is exactly what they will do. Jones and Dillon in the backfield with Jones motioning out to the slot. Imagine a lot of 2 tight end and controlling the ball.

I'm seeing between 6 and 6.5 out there. Not that I don't respect the HOF QB in Green Bay, but he is in a bad spot here. Arizona would be tough at home even with the usual WRs going for the Packers. I'm teasing the Cards down to even, I just don't see them not showing up here to stay undefeated.

jurrassic said:
Curious to see if Green Bay decides to sit other questionable players. They are already without 4 all-pros (Bahktiari, Z-Darious, Jaire, Adams) and 2 other starters (MVS, Myers). Another 2 starters (King and Preston Smith) are questionable, and were inactive last game, while Clark and Lowry are banged up. If I were them I would rest everyone on the short week and give them time to get healthy before KC next Sunday. 

I don't see it...they aren't going to just roll over tonight because a few are out.  They have been without most of those guys for a while now.  You never know what may happen in a game.  While I would not bet on them tonight...you just never know what may happen in this league.

I'm seeing between 6 and 6.5 out there. Not that I don't respect the HOF QB in Green Bay, but he is in a bad spot here. Arizona would be tough at home even with the usual WRs going for the Packers. I'm teasing the Cards down to even, I just don't see them not showing up here to stay undefeated.
Rodgers is 6-0 without Adams, good luck!

You'd think this would be an Aaron Jones receptions type of game; he gets lined up more as a wideout and we see more A.J. Dillon in the backfield. Randall Cobb is the intermediate guy, Equanimeous St. Brown can work short/intermediate and Malik Taylor could be in the MVS deep shot role. I haven't seen enough of Amari Rodgers to know where GB likes to even use him.

Some things tonight I am not a huge fan of. 

-JJ Watt is OUT, I'm not playing Arizona Defense despite there being few WRs available, Rodgers will throw it to himself if he must but Green Bay is not going to be punting all night. 

-I don't like rolling the dice on any of the GB WRs tonight, think it will filter a lot thru the RBs and TEs, very hit n miss for Wideouts tonight but I'm open t suggestions. 

-Cards are not 100% either tonight, think Ertz will be used plenty again tonight vs the Packers Defense, that's something I do like. 

jurrassic said:
How much money do you have on Arizona tonight? Maybe the Packers could just get on the bus to the airport after the pregame meal 😂

Sitting Rodgers for Cousins tonight. Hopefully it doesn't backfire. Just can't see him having his usual solid game without Adams. 
May the Force be with you and since I don't have Rodgers in any league, sincerely good luck. I am thinking Cousins over Brady this week, that's nuts I know but I got a bad vibe on the Bucs this week for some reason. I hope I'm wrong, well not about Cousins. 

Rodgers has 2 targets, 2 catches, 34 yds and honestly that's better than some of the others that might take the field. 

Cobb has 1 game that was pretty nice with 2 Touchdowns on 5 catches. 

TNF Inactives -

Packers: DE Ladarius Hamilton, DE Jack Heflin, OT Dennis Kelly, CB Kevin King, S Vernon Scott, LB Jaylon Smith

Cardinals: RB Eno Benjamin, C Max Garcia, WR Andy Isabella, DT Rashard Lawrence, QB Chris Streveler, DE J.J. Watt

TNF Inactives -

Packers: DE Ladarius Hamilton, DE Jack Heflin, OT Dennis Kelly, CB Kevin King, S Vernon Scott, LB Jaylon Smith

Cardinals: RB Eno Benjamin, C Max Garcia, WR Andy Isabella, DT Rashard Lawrence, QB Chris Streveler, DE J.J. Watt
They fail to mention all of the GB WRs are basically OUT tonight, I don't know how they are not on the inactive list. 

I think this will be a slower game, and a little lower scoring than most think. 

Arizona-27 

Green Bay-21

I think Green Bay comes out very run heavy to compensate for their missing WR's, and Watt being out makes about as big of a difference as Adams does. I think Dillon and Jones both see 15+ carries, and Green Bay likely takes an early lead. I think people forcing Cobb into lineups(other than the very desperate) are going to regret it, and I also think it might be a more run heavy game for Arizona as well, including for Murray. 

You'd think this would be an Aaron Jones receptions type of game; he gets lined up more as a wideout and we see more A.J. Dillon in the backfield. Randall Cobb is the intermediate guy, Equanimeous St. Brown can work short/intermediate and Malik Taylor could be in the MVS deep shot role. I haven't seen enough of Amari Rodgers to know where GB likes to even use him.
Aaron Jones averages around 10 more PPR points per game when Adams is out over the last couple seasons. Its very possible he's the leading receiver tonight.

Shoot. 

I'm having a devil of a time deciding between Cobb, Tyler Johnson, AJ Dillon, Ricky Seals-Jones, and Michael Gallup as my last flex in a start nine offensive (1 QB) league. 

Just unsure. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I also believe Dillon will get some run, but fifteen carries seems really, really optimistic. If I could be convinced that he'd get 12-15 touches, he'd be in there in a heartbeat. 

Users who are viewing this thread