What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** TNF on Prime Video - Lions at Packers (+2.5, 46) *** 8:15 Kickoff (1 Viewer)

Lions 2-1 at Packers 2-1

-I watch the Packers get off to a great start in Week1, had a lead down in Atlanta and couldn't hold it in Week 2, dug a 17-0 hole vs the Saints and somehow won 18-17 after Carr exited with a shoulder injury. Who are the 2023 Green Bay Packers?

-For one thing they are down their star RB1 in Aaron Jones and missing 2nd year WR Christian Watson who was projected as their WR1. They have a first year starter in Jordan Love and most of the receivers are young including Watson who has yet to suit up as we enter week 4.

-The Lions have baffled me the last couple weeks after edging the Chiefs Week 1 on Thursday Night. I felt they should have beaten the Seahawks and did not play particularly well on offense last week vs a very unimaginative Atlanta Falcons, 20-6. The Packers usually are not underdogs at home. Goff does not play particularly well on the road. This could easily end up going under as many times is the case on TNF.

The availability of Monty will have a big impact and also have a ripple effect on other players for Detroit.
23-20 either way seems about right

-For one thing they are down their star RB1 in Aaron Jones and missing 2nd year WR Christian Watson who was projected as their WR1.

Pretty sure they both playing. Not sure about CB Jaire Alexander.

Lions Week 4 Final Injury Report

RT Matt Nelson -- Ankle OUT
RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai -- Knee OUT
FB Jason Cabinda -- Knee OUT

I would presume everyone who is questionable will play with the exception of CB Emmanuel Moseley but we'll find out 90 minutes before Kickoff.

LT Taylor Decker has been in a walking boot (high ankle sprain) since the Chiefs game - RT Penei Sewell either starts his third straight over on Goff's blind side or the longest serving Lion comes back and all is well. If it's the former, 4th string RT rookie Colby Sorsdal will get the nod. I'm not overly concerned; 1) Detroit literally always has a starting OL missing, tonight will be the 37th time out of the last 38 somebody was out, 2) Packers entire left side is out and their next man up guys have been just fine. Both teams are a bit beat up.

Packers Final Injury Report (first 3 are starters)

Ruled OUT

LT David Bakhtiari (knee/rest)
LG Elgton Jenkins (knee)
LB De’Vondre Campbell (ankle)
S Zayne Anderson (hamstring)

Questionable

RB Aaron Jones (hamstring)
WR Christian Watson (hamstring)
RT Zach Tom (knee)
CB Jaire Alexander (back)
CB Carrington Valentine (biceps)

Not listed with an injury designation

EDGE Rashan Gary (ankle)

The Packers star Edge rusher - who missed last year's Week 18 matchup - has been on a pitch count coming off ACL surgery. 3 sacks on 38 snaps versus the Saints.

This game comes down to the availability of Aaron Jones and if/if he isn't limited imo. Packers offense especially the run game has really struggled since Jones has been out. Dillon might be washed or it has a little to do with a lot of their OL being out, but he has not looked good in Jones' absence. Jones' brings that receiving threat that I think the Packers are missing for a first time starter in Love.

If this game was held in Detroit, I think Lions win easily but with it being outdoors in Lambeau albeit not ridiculously cold which helps, Lions will struggle a little moving the ball and therefore play into the hands of the Packers being able to keep up.

Packers 20
Lions 17

Packers strength is their defense. But the Lions offense is good enough to score on this defense. LaPorta and ARSB will continue to get theirs and the Lions will have some success running. The Packers are banged up on offense and I think Detroit puts enough pressure on Love to force some turnovers and get some sacks.

Lions 24, Pack 13.

Interesting Thursday Nighter. Early grip on The NFC Norris Division for the winner. Packers are a rookie kickers missed field goal away from 1-2. But they aren't.
Lions are an overtime loss away from being 3-0. But they aren't. As a wise man once said,"You are what your record says you are". And they are both 2-1.
One common opponent,Atlanta. Take what you will from that. Should be a fun game to watch. With no pony in this race I'll take a stab and say...

Detroit Lions- 27
Green Bay Packers- 23

PFF grades:

Overall: Detroit 79.9 (6th), Green Bay 73.5 (14th)

edit
Offense Detroit 78.0 (2nd), Green Bay 66.3 (21st)

Passing: Detroit 81.5 (3rd), Green Bay 66.3 (23rd)
Pass Blocking; Detroit 72.5 (6th), Green Bay 78.0 (3rd)
Receiving: Detroit 75.1 (4th), Green Bay 68.3 (13th)
Rushing: Detroit 62.7 (27th), Green Bay 67.7 (21st)
Run Blocking: Detroit 69.9 (3rd), Green Bay 51.7 (26th)

Offensive Starters:

QuarterbackJared Goff (5 Big Time Throws, 2 Turnover Worthy Plays)83.5Jordan Love (4 BTT, 4 TWP)65.3 (25th)
HalfbackJahmyr Gibbs62.7 (53rd)Aaron Jones71.3 (30th)
HalfbackDavid Montgomery58.8 (68th)A.J. Dillon62.3 (56th)
Wide ReceiverAmon-Ra St Brown79.4 (15th)Christian Watson (2022 grade)77.1 (30th)
Wide ReceiverJosh Reynolds71.5 (37th)Romeo Dobbs76.6 (27th)
Wide ReceiverKalif Raymond77.1 (19th)Jayden Reed 67.9 (55th)
Tight EndSam LaPorta80.7 (5th)Luke Musgrave62.1 (35th)
Left TackleTaylor Decker69.6 (29th)Rasheed Walker68.2 (32nd)
Left Tackle (if Decker is out)Penei Sewell76.2 (16th)
Left GuardJonah Jackson68.6 (20th)Royce Newman51.7 (71st)
CenterFrank Ragnow79.4 (4th)Josh Meyers54.2 (35th)
Right GuardGraham Glasgow66.6 (4th)Jon Runyan54.5 (66th)
Right TacklePenei Sewell76.2 (16th)Zach Tom75.2 (18th)
Right Tackle (if Decker is out)Colby Sorsdal51.9 (83rd)
Place KickerRiley Patterson74.4 (10th)Anders Carlson72.0 (12th)

Defense: Detroit 68.6 (17th), Green Bay 74.3 (13th)
Run Defense: Detroit 67.1 (13th), Green Bay 62.5 (19th)
Tackling: Detroit 44.6 (26th), Green Bay 72.8 (5th)
Pass Rush: Detroit 66.3 (22nd), Green Bay 69.1 (14th)
Pass Coverage: Detroit 65.7 (23rd), Green Bay 81.5 (8th)
Special Teams: Detroit 68.8 (17th), Green Bay 54.1 (29th)

Defensive Starters:
1-Tech/Nose TackleIsaiah Buggs59.0 (86th)Kenny Clark68.2 (48th)
3-Tech/DLTAlim McNeil68.6 (46th)Devonte Wyatt64.0 (58th)
5- or 7-Tech/DLE/DRTJohn Cominsky54.6 (110th)T.J. Slayton66.9 (51st)
9-Tech/Edge/DLEAidan Hutchinson82.6 (15th)Rashan Gary80.6 (20th)
Edge/DRECharles Harris62.2 (83rd)Preston Smith72.7 (40th)
Edge/3rd Down Pass RusherRomeo Okwara69.2 (47th)Lukas Van Ness67.7 (57th)
MLBDerrick Barnes72.1 (35th)Quay Walker74.1 (26th)
LOLB/MLB/Edge (Elephant)Jack Campbell58.1 (97th)Isaiah McDuffie50.8 (110th)
WLBAlex Anzalone59.5 (89th)Eric Wilson69.9 (43rd)
SLBMalcolm Rodriguez35.0 (127th)
Slot CBBrian Branch74.2 (24th)Keisean Nixon64.4 (68th)
Left CornerbackCam Sutton67.6 (53rd)Rasul Douglas62.5 (83rd)
Right CornerbackJerry Jacobs47.9 (136th)Jaire Alexander78.9 (15th)
Free SafetyKerby Joseph71.8 (30th)Darnell Savage63.4 (59th)
Free Safety (if Joseph is out)Ifeatu Melifonwu76.0 (21st)
Strong SafetyTracy Walker III74.0 (25th)Rudy Ford66.3 (49th)
PunterMr Jack Fox72.8 (6th)Daniel Whelan69.6 (10th)

Last edited:
Hope it's a good game.

I have family in Wisconsin and we are considering a move there. Give me the Packers.

I have Watson is a few leagues, look forward to watching him tonight and hopefully feeling comfortable to insert him next week

Mostly have winning records in those leagues and don't feel desperate enough to run with him after missing 3 Weeks

Detroit has won the last three meetings

The Lions have won 5 of their last 6 road games
Considering Goff's road splits it sounds like either the running game and/or defense shows up on the road.

Last year 24.1 v 15.9 PPG
This year 25.4 v 16.6

(not much better over his last 6 road games, 16.9)

I’ve felt all summer & fall the key to the season is the defense. With their OL they’ll always be able to score. They have the longest streak in the NFL of scoring 20 or more points, 12 games. Usually when we lost last year it was on the D.

This year they’re middle of the pack, 11th in run defense, 5th fewest yards rushing allowed to RBs. The back end is better. Linebackers are vastly improved with Barnes development + adding Jack Campbell.

The only thing they lack is a consistent Robin to their Batman (Hutch.) James Houston might not be back for two months, someone needs to step up.

aaand yet Jordan Love is QB #4 overall - sans Watson, Jones, and a boatload of other players. coming back from 17-0 is a sign of things to come. Can the Lions defense play well enough against the pass? every week the Packers have what seems to be the most amount of drops in the NFL. Love was 50% comp last week, with 5 drops, and a another WIDE OPEN Musgrave dropped would-be TD pass, that's 3 on the season for him. now at some point , Musgrave is going to have that coming out game - and I think that happens tonight.

Not sure I buy the 'Packers are lucky to be 2-1' call.

Crazy that the Lions and Packers play two Thursday games against each other this year(Thanksgiving being the other one). That's gotta be an NFL first, I'd think 🤔

Look at the pretty lights at Lambeau! Just beautiful.

In all seriousness, let's hope for no injuries tonight. Would be nice to see teams just compete without putting a damper on the entire game.

Been a little worried about streaky Goff. He had such a good stretch, historically its been followed by a bad one for him.

Users who are viewing this thread