What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***TNF-Pittsburgh at Minnesota*** (-3.5) O/U 44.5 The Big Ben-Cousins Bowl (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Go!

Happy Thursday everyone, 

-Big impact tonight for many FF players out there. Cook in all likelihood should be on your bench tonight even if they activate him it doesn't seem like he should be leaned on heavily by the Vikings. 

-Mattison has done very well when given the chance, even if they suggest some type of split tonight you would think Mattison would be doing the heavy lifting. 

-KJ Osborn has flashed the goods as a rookie, just what the Vikings need, another young up and coming WR, how does Kirk Cousins suck so much when he has a cache of weapons at his disposal? 

-Conklin should see an uptick in targets at TE. Also like Freiermuth tonight to see his fair share of looks. 

Go!

Last edited by a moderator:
How many Zeke owners are giving Mattison a strong look tonight? I had Zeke on my bench last week in favor of Mattison and then tonight we have to deal with Cook on a short week, seems a little nuts they had him OUT on Sunday, short turnaround time and now he is ready to roll tonight vs Pittsburgh? Just doesn't seem logical but then again this a MUST win for Minnesota to have any chance of a post season spot. 

Some of the more recent news today points towards Cook playing tonight...how long and how often we don't know but Ian Rappaport has been on Twitter and also PFN has reported that Cook has cleared medical tests. That's important because some were wondering if Coach Zimmer was the one pushing and rally that's a horrible thing to presume about a player-coach but be that as it may, looks like Cook is going to play tonight. 

Is he starting? I would say after reading a bunch of links, it does seem like he will start barring pre-game set backs, that is going to change the arc a lot for Mattison owners, hard to blindly start him tonight in a part time role. Could be a closer game than some think althoughI am leaning Minnesota because if the Vikings lose I would imagine we see a coaching change for the rest of the season. 

Have Cook and Mattison in 2 leagues. Hoping Cook is inactive but the chatter looks to not be so.  If he's active I'm still starting Mattison...unless I hear Cook is "ready for a full workload with no restrictions". The game....it's the Vikings,it'll be close,3 points either way,so.........

Minnesota- 27

Pittsburgh- 24

Have Cook and Mattison in 2 leagues. Hoping Cook is inactive but the chatter looks to not be so.  If he's active I'm still starting Mattison...unless I hear Cook is "ready for a full workload with no restrictions". The game....it's the Vikings,it'll be close,3 points either way,so.........

Minnesota- 27

Pittsburgh- 24
Sounds like no restrictions. I don't get it. Going to get him killed when you have a very capable backup. But I guess Zimmer needs to save his job.

Yes, I am bitter as a Mattison owner, but in all seriousness, it doesn't seem wise at all to play Cook tonight.

Steelers 24
Vikings 23

(I honestly have no idea what to expect from either of these teams. I just hope it's an entertaining game. I have a sour taste in my mouth from the last game I watched.)

The Magic 8-Ball which is for entertainment purposes only says...

Minnesota 27...Pittsburgh 17 

The O/U keep rolling around 44 to 44.5 so I'm just playing the middle mostly here and think the Vikings should win this game handily unless Zimmer has lost the locker room and I haven't heard anything like that so far. 

Seeds 6 and 7 are wide open right now 

WFT and SF 49'ers are clinging to 6-6 and the 6th and 7th Seeds. 

Eagles are 6-7 and then it's Minnesota, Carolina, Atlanta, and New Orleans, none of the 3 NFC South teams could be confused for long with Minnesota. I lie the Viking vs WFT and maybe not as much vs SF but that's about where they are at right now. 

Bottom line: Viking Win and their season arc starts to look a little different, at 5-7 they will need to go 4-1 IMO and reach 9-8 which should push them into the Playoffs with a road game against maybe Dallas which is always prone to going 1 and out. 

Vikings seem like an easy winner tonight which always is worrisome...

Steelers 24
Vikings 23

(I honestly have no idea what to expect from either of these teams. I just hope it's an entertaining game. I have a sour taste in my mouth from the last game I watched.)
About the only consistent thing with the Steelers this season has been their inconsistency.  I agree, I have no idea what to expect

Cook wore a shoulder harness similar to the one tonight in a 2020 Playoff game, you're not going to like it if you wanted to still try Mattison tonight...

31 carries, 130 yds and 2 Touchdowns...

Check-Raise, All In 

FF Playoffs Alert

Cooper Kupp popped up on the Injury Report today with a a toe that limited him, 1st time he's been on any injury report for the Rams...

Why MoP would you bring that up on a game between the Vikes and Steelers?...KJ Osborn if you are worried at all that Kupp might miss the MNF game which I can't because it is so important but some of you might think about Osborn tonight and move Kupp to your Flex spot, if things get worse as you see news on Saturday then you can roll someone else into your Flex spot Sunday. 

Some of you got playoffs starting this weekend. 

I am happy Cook is active, but only because I am facing Mattison, unless my opponent pulls him in the next 70 minutes.

Sounds like no restrictions. I don't get it. Going to get him killed when you have a very capable backup. But I guess Zimmer needs to save his job.

Yes, I am bitter as a Mattison owner, but in all seriousness, it doesn't seem wise at all to play Cook tonight.

To me what that means is he actually was ready Sunday, if they wanted, but thought they could get by without.  The extra 4 days only help, and they likely thought it more important to have him ready for this one.  Oops.  

They looked past the Lions, as evidenced by the outcome.

Funny comment I heard in a pregame show. 

"Battle of the only 2 teams that didn't beat the Lions this year."
It is funny but should also be noted at least 3 other teams barely escaped the wrath of the Lions and the Vikings almost lost twice to the Lions narrowly winning 19-17 earlier int he season. 

Hard to bet on the Vikings when they lost to the Lions last week. Having a hard time picking this game for my confidence poll. 

Actually I think it's easy to bet on them, I think they had this national TV game with Pitt in their sights more than winless Detroit.  Also, Pitt is the one traveling on the short work week.  And if preparedness has anything to do with this, you know Pitt was focused on Baltimore.  And doesn't Minnie get a bunch of guys back on top of it all?

That said, at 3 1/2, that's a tough hook to give.

Reports on Elijah Moore are very up in the air right now I would ay. Yes they want to be cautious with Corey Davis OUT, that puts Moore in line for another potential big output but so far he has been unable to practice, DNP on Wed and Thurs now...I hope he can play but again some of you might run out of options if he can't go this week and you get caught by surprise come Sunday. 

Actually I think it's easy to bet on them, I think they had this national TV game with Pitt in their sights more than winless Detroit.  Also, Pitt is the one traveling on the short work week.  And if preparedness has anything to do with this, you know Pitt was focused on Baltimore.  And doesn't Minnie get a bunch of guys back on top of it all?

That said, at 3 1/2, that's a tough hook to give.
The Steelers tied the Lions and the Lions beat the Vikings so therefore they both suck. I could go either way on this one and maybe the travelling on a short week might be the deciding factor. Yes Minnesota is getting a few top defenders back along with Cook. 

Reports on Elijah Moore are very up in the air right now I would ay. Yes they want to be cautious with Corey Davis OUT, that puts Moore in line for another potential big output but so far he has been unable to practice, DNP on Wed and Thurs now...I hope he can play but again some of you might run out of options if he can't go this week and you get caught by surprise come Sunday. 
Sitting him for Renfrow this week

(my top 2 are Lamb/Lockett)

Sitting him for Renfrow this week

(my top 2 are Lamb/Lockett)
Had to turn to KJ Osborn tonight, hope he can just find a decent floor like @Insein was posting earlier this evening. 

I'm not expecting miracles but most of the time when he is targeted he ends up with something in the mid double digits. 

Pittsburgh making a good game of it tonight would help a lot so the Vikings cannot just hand off and shorten the game up. 

Geez. I have a huge decision to make. J. Robinson, Dalvin Cook, or Darnell Mooney or Brandin Cooks in standard full PPR. 

Bonus points for long touchdowns. 

Oof. 

@menobrownon some pretty good information by one of the Jets beat writers says it looks almost 100% that Elijah Moore is OUT or won't be playing this weekend. 

If you knew that now, would you want to try and make a quick move tonight? Time is ticking...

I can't roll with Cook. I yanked him. Tell me if I'm right...
Don't own him, but I'd play him if I did.

He's active. All indications he's getting his normal load.

When you drafted him, you know you'd be playing this game with him at some point.

Ride or die with him.

Just rolled with him thanks to your guys' comments. I'm holding you all deathly responsible (it's a fun, free league in the FFA)

Let's hope he's not a decoy. 

Mixed feelings about this game...

MIN is the better team ... but dang, they figure out ways to lose so often.

Radar lock on Justin Jefferson so far, throws it up over the top double coverage but he still got his hands on the ball. Nice throw

I'm just now realizing that these two teams are responsible for the Lions only win and tie.

Should be a quality game.

#nflthursdaycrap

Users who are viewing this thread