What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

tnf seahawks @ cardinals (1 Viewer)

need2know

Footballguy
Two good def here. Is this an easy sea victory or a closer game? Also who will peterson cover, rice or tate?

I think Seattles D doesn't do anything. Ellington full coming out party and Palmer makes just enough plays on a short week

This will be a good game and not a cake walk for Seattle. In the end, the Seahawks talent should get them the win but I do not expect a 38-10 type of game.

There is an interesting element to watch tonight with Russell Wilson. With all the lofty expectations from him from a fantasy football perspective going into this season, it has been somewaht of a letdown. Arizona has a legitimate defense that is a good guage for Wilson tonight.

I am not meaning this is a fantasy test or anything; just a good barometer for the real-life quarterback and it should be fun to watch his decision making when facing a good defense with a corner who can manipulate part of the preferred passing game of the Seahawks.§

Last edited by a moderator:
When teams are expected to come out flat, I would assume that levels the playing field a bit. With this game being in Arizona, the cards just may make a game of thsi one.

do they cover the over 40.5
That sounds about right - I'd lean toward the under with Lynch something less than 100%. Fitzgerald's last 3 games against Sherman have accounted for 5-87-0 COMBINED. So these two teams match strength on strength pretty well. Plenty of running, screens and dumpoffs. I agree with others, this isn't a cakewalk for Seattle.

opening day last year, seattle had 8 tries inside the 10 to win it. Failed in Wilson's debut. If its fresh in my mind, its fresh in theirs....seahawks stumble to a 21-12 victory (14-12 late, guessing a pick 6 by sherm wraps it up). you mad bro?

AZ is going to smack Seattle right in the beak.

Cardinals have a knack for playing better than they are in games like this. Next week they will lose by 3 td's to the Falcons.

seahawk 17 said:
Not a cakewalk by any means, but should get the W.

Seattle has not won in AZ since 2010.
They're 1-6 at the Cards ' new stadium. I've already been to two of those losses. Hoping tonight will be my first win there.

ImTheScientist said:
FantasyTrader said:
seahawk 17 said:
Wow, there's a stat I would not have guessed.
They were not good in 2011, and last year it was Wilson's first start of his career. That number is somewhat misleading.
It's not misleading at all, especially when you consider they Seattle had won only once in seven tries at U of P Stadium. So I guess it is misleading in that it doesn't show how badly Seattle has performed in AZ.

ImTheScientist said:
FantasyTrader said:
seahawk 17 said:
They were not good in 2011, and last year it was Wilson's first start of his career. That number is somewhat misleading.
It's not misleading at all, especially when you consider they Seattle had won only once in seven tries at U of P Stadium. So I guess it is misleading in that it doesn't show how badly Seattle has performed in AZ.
Yes, because those teams and this team are so similar. They is probably two players (guessing) that played in any of those games you referenced. Missleading.

ImTheScientist said:
FantasyTrader said:
seahawk 17 said:
1-7 even worse....no cakewalk my friends...no cakewalk.

ImTheScientist said:
FantasyTrader said:
seahawk 17 said:
Yes, because those teams and this team are so similar. They is probably two players (guessing) that played in any of those games you referenced. Missleading.
So what? You think pre season wins mean something, but I guess you only believe in things that favor Seattle.

ImTheScientist said:
FantasyTrader said:
seahawk 17 said:
Im sure its a "trap game" like the Jags game. Cards are dead.

ImTheScientist said:
FantasyTrader said:
seahawk 17 said:
Im sure its a "trap game" like the Jags game. Cards are dead.
Lol, trap game comment coming back to haunt me. I don't have blind faith like you do.

They win for sure, it's just not going to be a blow out.

Start your kicker with confidence. This may end up being a 15-12 field goal-off.
Haha my thoughts exactly. I'm starting Hauschka tonight, and my only concern is him trying to play linebacker again.
I would bet that the ST coach had some choice words for them about making sure Hauschka doesn't have to make a tackle. But he did exactly what he had to do. He's not Josh Brown who was an excellent all around athlete. Guys like Hauschka just need to protect themselves better when they get in front of a guy with a full head if steam.

I want to see Some Andre Ellington tonight... If Arians has a brain and want's to win he will give Ellington 15-20 touches in the running/receiving game. Anything less is criminal.... let's have a great TNF game.

Fitz goes nuts and AZ pulls off the upset.
wishful Fitz owner? You realize Sherman will make a fool of Fitz, I think Sherman has a better chance of 2 INTs than Fitz has 100 yards.
i dont watch a lot of seahawk football, but does sherman shadow the best WR... because the cards move fitz around all of the place pre-snap
me either. I recall he never left Boldin when they player the 49ers.

Fitz goes nuts and AZ pulls off the upset.
wishful Fitz owner? You realize Sherman will make a fool of Fitz, I think Sherman has a better chance of 2 INTs than Fitz has 100 yards.
i dont watch a lot of seahawk football, but does sherman shadow the best WR... because the cards move fitz around all of the place pre-snap
Typically he does not. They do this on a case by case though....did follow Boldin. Will probably follow Fitz.

Sherman has shadowed a WR exactly once over the past two years. That was Boldin in the SF game earlier this year, and it was only because Browner didn't play. That said, Browner got benched for part of the game last week because he let Wright get behind him twice. He rebounded and played the entire second half much better. My guess? Sherman plays only the left side of the defense like he does every week. Even if Browner struggles again they will go to Thurmond and Maxwell like they did last week.

Users who are viewing this thread