What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TO leaves camp (1 Viewer)

E-A-G-L-E-S

Footballguy
WIP IN Philly is talking now that TO has left Eagles camp after a heated discussion with Andy Reid. Reported is going back to Atlanta Not good for birds fans

Last edited by a moderator:
Its on philly.com now

Terrell Owens leaves Eagles campThere are reports this afternoon that wide receiver Terrell Owens exchanged words with Head Coach Andy Reid at a team meeting and was asked to leave.Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of Eagles training camp at Lehigh University, according to one television report.The Inquirer will update and confirm this information as soon as possible.

Its on philly.com now

Terrell Owens leaves Eagles camp

There are reports this afternoon that wide receiver Terrell Owens exchanged words with Head Coach Andy Reid at a team meeting and was asked to leave.

Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of Eagles training camp at Lehigh University, according to one television report.

The Inquirer will update and confirm this information as soon as possible.
A guy in work told me this too and went on to say if he misses 5 more days they can "retire" him??? I'm not taking that as its literal meaning, but would he lose a year essentially on his contract or something of the sort?

This guy will never ever be happy no matter what the situation or amount of money he makes. What a shame.

lets get to the important part.. does this move Reggie into the top 30 WRs???
Hmmm, good question? Where were Pinkston and Mitchell ranked before TO got there?????............
TOO high, this guy better than both of them together.. still a rook tho... and a rook Andy likes, from I read...

Question is - how's his groin pull feeling now? Probably much better...

Its on philly.com now

There are reports this afternoon that wide receiver Terrell Owens exchanged words with Head Coach Andy Reid at a team meeting and was asked to leave.

Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of Eagles training camp at Lehigh University, according to one television report.

On WIP they are reporting that TO decided to leave which is different from above. :popcorn:

pft speculated that eagles suspected he was milking groin injury, though weren't airing their suspicions in public... maybe they did in private. :)

I'm sure he saw the loss of Pinkston as an opportunity and has just been working out how to best exploit it. Not sure what the strategy behind this move was but our WR corps is in shambles.

You gotta be f'n kiddin meThis guy is the biggest piece of garbage out there. Enoughs enough

I would say that any TO absence would downgrade McNabb and upgrade Westbrook and CBuck.
Why upgrades? We have no receivers, why wouldn't D's focus on the RB's?

whoa whoa whoa. everyone is getting way ahead of themselves. there's nothing final about this situation yet. if everyone just assuming that TO is going home and not playing this year, then this is a GREAT moment to trade for him in dynasty leagues.

Its on philly.com now

On WIP they are reporting that TO decided to leave which is different from above. :popcorn:
Leaving camp, and leaving a meeting are two WAY different things...

He is done in philly it would not surprise me if they made him sit out the year. That's one organization where you just dont pull crap like this. His trade value may not be so good untill next year either.

If I'm Marvin Lewis I am on the phone with Philly right now. How would Peter Warrick or Kelley Washington look in Iggies green? Better than the crap they have to throw out there right now :yes:

yep early drafts are good...wow philly fans and TO owners must be freaking out it looks like?221 User(s) are reading this topic (76 Guests and 5 Anonymous Users)140 Members: DonnyT33, inbreeder, Lehigh98, Skinsfan, msommer, Bonzai, Spike, donkey, morehouse_slim, baymen, Budman, glumpy, Deranged Hermit, mojorizin, Eagle Eye, djcolts, HobbesAB, Judge Smails, BearcatRob, E-A-G-L-E-S, toofunny, RoxSolid, huskerd911, jasvic, ratpfink, lawdawg, FunkyPlutos, dudaman, yellowdog, satch, strykerpks, Mister CIA, azcards33, IGKYA!!!, amnesiac, McWeed, Gold Plated Nails, Fullback Fro, whefner, RIM, mnesvig, chihawk, Capella, IDP4ME, Ministry of Pain, Otis, onionsack, LTsharks, S.K.A., claughren, Workhorse, StackTheLine, Ditkaless Wonders, 2025, seahawk 17, FAVRE, Governor Arnold, Cunning Linguist, Vic Vega, fatkid, PAO, Superdbs, PhillySwampAss, JDubs, Harald, madviking10, Willowdoc, TheFanatic, Maulers, BigActionMike, Fodasme69, PittsburghPeckers, crowe1130, Kuz, Jaysus, Holy Schneikes, Loopdog, JaxBill, sunuvabeeyaach, larz, fuzzyblurz, purplehaze67, citsalp, juveduke, guderian, Colt Of Personality, BigTex, Jim Otto, Sammy3469, cutter, EZD222, Polyethylene Bag, RestoreTheROAR, Muahahaha, huckyoda, Mapmaker, Dorvaan, dellapu, Angry Beavers, heinfatha, leif74, VerticalVike, dgreen, IamBreaux, dapunisher, UAalumni, Nucular George, Redhots GM, The FPI, Leo2228, Johnny Ice, NoCheese, Metallurgist, Joe Davola, John 14:6, Trey, Tremendous Upside, Pops, Wildcat, *****, nerangers, eddiezz74, 919, Kegs & Eggs, Z-Dog, Memphis Foundry, Marms, DazYam48, Da Good Da Bad an Da Ugly, doomsdaydoc, Meat, AutumnMagic, Frenchy Fuqua, Yo Eleven, Franknbeans, DoctorFantasy, The (Grid)Iron Giant, Kenlin, dutch, pricklypete

For those looking to gauge Owens' potential absence and its impact on McNabb: McNabb averaged 1.24 TD passes per game prior to Owens' arrival. However, remove his rookie season and the average rises to 1.36 TD passes per game. Project that out to 16 games and it is 22 TD passes. Keep in mind that was throwing to one of the worst receiving corps in the league. I think Brown and Lewis will be no worse than guys like Thrash, Pinkston and Mitchell and it's quite possible they will be better. So even without TO, McNabb could still be looking at a 25-TD season. I do wonder if Owens' absence (assuming it lingers into the season) would lead to McNabb starting to run a little more. He's really cut back on that in the past two seasons.

"Mr. Lurie, there's an Al Davis on line 1 returning your call......"

Lehigh,Was the rushing TD total a coincidence that in '03 the Eagles had 20 rushing TDs from RBs, and with TO in '04 it was 10? Sure, the loss of CBuck and Staley had something to do with it. But the passing TDs went from 17 to 32 TDs. Just a coincidence ...?

I do wonder if Owens' absence (assuming it lingers into the season) would lead to McNabb starting to run a little more.
Run after T.O. to kick him in the ### a few times I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread