What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

To the Steelers fans... (1 Viewer)

Kosar

Footballguy
All I can say is congratulations. To be quite honest about it, I was rooting like hell against the Steelers. And I dont think you would have it any other way. However, your team did win, and your team deserves all the credit in the world. I am quite jealous of the Steelers franchise, and one can only hope that the Browns can someday obtain the success your organization enjoys year after year.

Damn, it REALLY pains me to say it, but it is the truth. Congratulations to you guys, and hopefully, SOME day, we can return the favor... :football:

Good one Kosar! I was at the game in old Three Rivers Stadium, with my orange arm band on supporting the Browns as they made their last appearance in Pittsburgh before your favorite owner moved the team!

We love to hate the Browns!

Thanks Kosar. I actually am hoping that the Browns can get their act together and field a competitive team soon. One of my best friends is a Browns fan and it's much more fun when the games are close. I think you guys are on the right track. Keep the faith!

Good one Kosar! I was at the game in old Three Rivers Stadium, with my orange arm band on supporting the Browns as they made their last appearance in Pittsburgh before your favorite owner moved the team!

We love to hate the Browns!
I was at the last Browns-Steeler game in Cleveland before they moved. I at first was fearing for my health being a Steeler fan, but everyone was "on the same page." The outcome of the game was an afterthought.Thanks Kosar. The Browns are starting to build up some nice talent. They could be on the way up and a contender in a very few years.

All I can say is congratulations. To be quite honest about it, I was rooting like hell against the Steelers. And I dont think you would have it any other way. However, your team did win, and your team deserves all the credit in the world. I am quite jealous of the Steelers franchise, and one can only hope that the Browns can someday obtain the success your organization enjoys year after year.

Damn, it REALLY pains me to say it, but it is the truth. Congratulations to you guys, and hopefully, SOME day, we can return the favor... :football:
:goodposting: Damnit. :kicksrock:

All I can say is congratulations.  To be quite honest about it, I was rooting like hell against the Steelers.  And I dont think you would have it any other way.  However, your team did win, and your team deserves all the credit in the world.  I am quite jealous of the Steelers franchise, and one can only hope that the Browns can someday obtain the success your organization enjoys year after year.

Damn, it REALLY pains me to say it, but it is the truth.  Congratulations to you guys, and hopefully, SOME day, we can return the favor... :football:
:goodposting: Damnit. :kicksrock:
ditto.

Thanks for the love from C-town. We'll be here waiting for you. :thumbup:

Not a steeers fan here but this was a nice post! Did you read where the Browns gave ost of their ticket allottment to injurred vets. Classy move.I still hate the browns though ;)

:goodposting: and thank you.

One of my best friends was with me last night at a Super Bowl party. He is a huge Browns fan, and he pretty much said the same thing as above. It REALLLLLLLY hurts a Browns fan to give props to the Steelers, but even HE couldn't deny how impressive this Steelers run was...

:towelwave: Thanks Kosar!

I believe that the Browns are on the right track with Edwards/Frye. Romeo will make them contenders in an already tough AFC North.

Classy stuff! Your time will come. The AFC North could be the toughest division in football in another year or two. It's going to make the regular season extremely compelling.

:thumbup:

How ironic is it that a Browns fan provides the most magnanimous post and doesn't try to diminish what the Steelers accomplished unlike many of the self-described "impartial" fans?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.. As long as this queezy Steeler love stuff is going on in this thread, I'll also add that while I was rooting adamantly against the Steelers yesterday (due to being a life long Browns fan), I will also give credit where credit is due. Big Ben has grown into a very good QB and Cowher did a good job coaching yesterday.

The better team won yesterday.

:yucky:

Now I have to go gargle with some mouthwash after that.

Thanks, Kosar. I was actually just working on some Browns-bashing lines after seeing the anti-Steeler propaganda hanging from overpasses on Route 80 (en route to Detroit), but now you have me feeling all warm and fuzzy.

:)

:towelwave:

Ok.. As long as this queezy Steeler love stuff is going on in this thread, I'll also add that while I was rooting adamantly against the Steelers yesterday (due to being a life long Browns fan), I will also give credit where credit is due. Big Ben has grown into a very good QB and Cowher did a good job coaching yesterday.

The better team won yesterday.

:yucky:

Now I have to go gargle with some mouthwash after that.
Don't worry! We fully expect to be booed and abused next year when we play in Ohio. And we know you'd feel we didn't love you anymore if we didn't return the favor in Pittsburgh.

I thought Cleveland/Pittsburg was a rivalry? Whats with all this woman on woman action? You northerners really don't get football do you? I would die before "congrating" Auburn on their undefeated season 2 years ago.

Hate your rivals, and dont play the meek humble routine. Women.

Edit: I was actually rooting for Pitt, have always liked Cowler, and Alan Fanaca is a Tigah!

I thought Cleveland/Pittsburg was a rivalry? Whats with all this woman on woman action? You northerners really don't get football do you? I would die before "congrating" Auburn on their undefeated season 2 years ago.

Edit: I was actually rooting for Pitt, have always liked Cowler, and Alan Fanaca is a Tigah!
It's called "class". Something you Southerners clearly lack.

Hmmm, southern hospitality down?

:thumbup: with Phil Savage back in town, the Brownies will be tough sooner, rather than later

competitive AFC North???---bet your ###:

Pitt 15-1 last season....lost to Ravens

Pitt had all they could handle in a home win this yr vs Ravens, and lost in Balt

Cinncy will be tough for years to come w/Marvin at the helm and more than a couple scouts in the scouting department...would LOVED to have seen a healthy Palmer vs Pitts in playoffs

Clev...beat Balt in Clev 2 years in a row

in other words...anybody in the division can beat anyone else

thanx Pittsburgh....way to represent AFC-N!

I thought Cleveland/Pittsburg was a rivalry?  Whats with all this woman on woman action?  You northerners really don't get football do you?  I would die before "congrating" Auburn on their undefeated season 2 years ago.

Hate your rivals, and dont play the meek humble routine.  Women.

Edit:  I was actually rooting for Pitt, have always liked Cowler, and Alan Fanaca is a Tigah!
It's called "class". Something you Southerners clearly lack.
:goodposting:

Big, you need to add more things to your "list".- Buy re-tread tires for my HOUSE

- Buy new cinder blocks for my CAR

- Stay out of threads that don't conern me

I thought Cleveland/Pittsburg was a rivalry?  Whats with all this woman on woman action?  You northerners really don't get football do you?  I would die before "congrating" Auburn on their undefeated season 2 years ago.

Edit:  I was actually rooting for Pitt, have always liked Cowler, and Alan Fanaca is a Tigah!
Big, you need to add more things to your "list".- Buy re-tread tires for my HOUSE

Kosar,As a posting adversary, I have to admit that your witty quips have completely stifled my argument. As much as I hate to admit it, your post clearly dominates mine and deserves the recognition of the message board. But I am going to keep posting and trying and who knows? Maybe one day I will be able to compete on your level.

Your meek defeated beaten puppy dog fellow poster,

Big

Kosar,As a posting adversary, I have to admit that your witty quips have completely stifled my argument. As much as I hate to admit it, your post clearly dominates mine and deserves the recognition of the message board. But I am going to keep posting and trying and who knows? Maybe one day I will be able to compete on your level.

Your meek defeated beaten puppy dog fellow poster,

Big
Don't worry. A blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. :own3d:

Thanks Kosar, personally I can't wait for the Browns to be good again. Our rivalry sucks beating you relentlessly every year. Playing the Ravens isn't enjoyable anymore since you guys got your team back. I'm hoping Romie will get ya turned around, because the Steelers/Browns is one the best rivalries of all time, two blue-collared towns that like to play smash mouth football.

My all time favorite Pgh tshirt is one the one with the interstate sign that says, "the only signs of life in Cleveland" then under it, "Pittsburgh 190 Miles".

Here's to your Brownies next year :banned:

The Steelers are the suckiest team ever to win a Super Bowl. If it weren't for the zebra's giving them every call, they would have lost to a Seattle team that played a terrible game. I hope the Steelers turn into the Bengals, and lose every game next year.

The Steelers are the suckiest team ever to win a Super Bowl. If it weren't for the zebra's giving them every call, they would have lost to a Seattle team that played a terrible game. I hope the Steelers turn into the Bengals, and lose every game next year.
First of all, is suckiest even a word? Second, the Bengals didn't lose every game this year. They actually won a lot more than your beloved Browns.

Please keep this crap out of my thread, and learn some grammar for Christ's sake.

The Steelers are the suckiest team ever to win a Super Bowl.  If it weren't for the zebra's giving them every call, they would have lost to a Seattle team that played a terrible game.  I hope the Steelers turn into the Bengals, and lose every game next year.
Please keep this crap out of my thread, and learn some grammar for Christ's sake.
As a Browns fan, you can never 'congratulate' the Steelers for a job well done. This is poor taste, and a weak attempt at 'kissing up'. I would venture to guess you aren't even a Browns fan if you are posting this crap.

Week 16 - Saturday, December 24Pittsburgh Steelers At Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh 41

Cleveland 0

Post smack against the Steelers when Cleveland gets an NFL team again.

As a Browns fan, you can never 'congratulate' the Steelers for a job well done.  This is poor taste, and a weak attempt at 'kissing up'.  I would venture to guess you aren't even a Browns fan if you are posting this crap.
One thing you have to give him, he's right about this. I mean, if you were the scrawniest, most ineffectual kid on the block, and the big bully up the street in black and gold kicked the living crap out of you without mercy day after day after day, would you really feel happy for him for beating the hell out of some kid from the other side of town?

As a Browns fan, you can never 'congratulate' the Steelers for a job well done.  This is poor taste, and a weak attempt at 'kissing up'.  I would venture to guess you aren't even a Browns fan if you are posting this crap.
One thing you have to give him, he's right about this. I mean, if you were the scrawniest, most ineffectual kid on the block, and the big bully up the street in black and gold kicked the living crap out of you without mercy day after day after day, would you really feel happy for him for beating the hell out of some kid from the other side of town?
I gotta go to this game as a neutral observer after seeing all of this. I think I'd have to see the game in Pittsburgh due to my natural disdain for anything Cleveland or ####-EYE.

I gotta go to this game as a neutral observer after seeing all of this. I think I'd have to see the game in Pittsburgh due to my natural disdain for anything Cleveland or ####-EYE.
You can go see the game in either city. In Pittsburgh, it will be 99.9% Steeler fans and you'll be safe as a kitten. In Cleveland, it will be 60% Steeler fans and you'll be safe as a kitten. In either place, the Steelers will win by between 14-41 points. Really, the only difference is whether you want a splash of diarrhea color in the stands to go along with the black and gold.

You can go see the game in either city. In Pittsburgh, it will be 99.9% Steeler fans and you'll be safe as a kitten. In Cleveland, it will be 60% Steeler fans and you'll be safe as a kitten. In either place, the Steelers will win by between 14-41 points. Really, the only difference is whether you want a splash of diarrhea color in the stands to go along with the black and gold.
:lmao: Yeah I think I'll make it a point to see this game in the next few years. I make one football trip a year and see two NFL and two college games. I think I'll see it in Cleveland to fully grasp the level of hate. :thumbup:

Especially if the police officer was there helping the big kid beat up the other kid. :bag: Ok, I couldn't resist. Congrats again. ;)
Yes, especially if that happened. But what if the cop really just stood there and didn't do anything except accidentally get in his way for a second and then the kid from across town blamed the asskicking all on that? ;)

nice to see this thread stayed classy.

especially when you consider one of my earlier posts was deleted for no reason. :loco:

:lmao: Yeah I think I'll make it a point to see this game in the next few years. I make one football trip a year and see two NFL and two college games. I think I'll see it in Cleveland to fully grasp the level of hate. :thumbup:
Good idea. In Pittsburgh, you'll have to pay $500 a seat on stubhub or ebay (if you're lucky) - in Cleveland, you can usually get a ticket in the parking lot at game time for a few bucks.

especially when you consider one of my earlier posts was deleted for no reason. :loco:
Settle down, Mom. It's the standard Browns/Steelers hatred - everything said here is tongue-in-cheek and all in good, clean fun.

Yes, especially if that happened.  But what if the cop really just stood there and didn't do anything except accidentally get in his way for a second and then the kid from across town blamed the asskicking all on that?  ;)
Clearly we need a complete rennovation of the police structure in this sort of case. Rodney King v. 2.0 ;)
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes, especially if that happened.  But what if the cop really just stood there and didn't do anything except accidentally get in his way for a second and then the kid from across town blamed the asskicking all on that?   ;)
Clearly we need a complete rennovation of the police structure in this sort of case. Rodney King v. 2.0 ;)
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Hey, I was being serious. :(
Your scenario is flaVVed, though. You're equating the refs to the cops, but in reality, the Steelers were the cops, the Seahawks were King, and the refs were the cameraman, watching the beating. The only difference is that after the King fiasco, I never heard so many people blaming the beating on the cameraman and wondering why he didn't stop it. :D

Your scenario is flaVVed, though.  You're equating the refs to the cops, but in reality, the Steelers were the cops, the Seahawks were King, and the refs were the cameraman, watching the beating.  The only difference is that after the King fiasco, I never heard so many people blaming the beating on the cameraman and wondering why he didn't stop it.  :D
No, the referrees weren't the cameraman, they were the Man holding down the black man, putting him in the situation where he was helpless. It's all on the Man.
:lmao: I'm glad you said that because in both cases, that excuse smells.

Now, please, let me get back to making fun of the Browns, as this thread is for. TIA. :D

Your scenario is flaVVed, though.  You're equating the refs to the cops, but in reality, the Steelers were the cops, the Seahawks were King, and the refs were the cameraman, watching the beating.  The only difference is that after the King fiasco, I never heard so many people blaming the beating on the cameraman and wondering why he didn't stop it.   :D
No, the referrees weren't the cameraman, they were the Man holding down the black man, putting him in the situation where he was helpless. It's all on the Man.
:lmao: I'm glad you said that because in both cases, that excuse smells.

Now, please, let me get back to making fun of the Browns, as this thread is for. TIA. :D
Alright, but you really should pick on someone your own size. No fair making fun of the retarted kid in the single wide down the street.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :pilingon:

especially when you consider one of my earlier posts was deleted for no reason.  :loco:
Settle down, Mom. It's the standard Browns/Steelers hatred - everything said here is tongue-in-cheek and all in good, clean fun.
i'm all for bashing, just seems kinda stupid in a thread that was about showing some respect for once. :shrug:

No, he's not. Not even close.When I already know that "said ###-kickings" have been given to the black and gold in the past, and I know they will again happen in the future someday?

No, I have no problem congratulating my team's arch-rival.

Saying "you should never congratulate" is by far NOT "poor taste", and to think that way means you have the mentality of a 4th grader and probably a real #######. Suck it up. To not give credit where credit is due makes you look like an idiot, plain and simple.

True fans give and take.

Users who are viewing this thread