What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tom Brady and New England Split (1 Viewer)

Well put.

Letting Mookie Betts go was worse.
Not sure about the “letting” part. Betts wanted out of Boston. He wasn’t going to resign and was going to be a free agent. So they traded him for what they could get and got away from Price in the process. 

The funniest part of the whole game is how a FG kicker just barely making or not making the FG changes everything. Mac Jones goes from the guy who beat Brady to the guy who couldn't do it. Even though neither QB had anything to do with the kick.

The funniest part of the whole game is how a FG kicker just barely making or not making the FG changes everything. Mac Jones goes from the guy who beat Brady to the guy who couldn't do it. Even though neither QB had anything to do with the kick.
Boston sports media also said Folk missed a game winning FG, which IMO was WAY premature. Brady would have had 50+ seconds and 2 timeouts to work with to get into FG range. Given that they had already kicked 4 FG, that to me seemed “more probable than not.”

To the point about Pittsburgh, I think that they might have let Ben go if they could have ever figured out a remotely passable replacement over the past 5 years, but Ben still seems to be the best of what they can have.

To the point about Pittsburgh, I think that they might have let Ben go if they could have ever figured out a remotely passable replacement over the past 5 years, but Ben still seems to be the best of what they can have.
Did they really put actual effort into finding Ben's heir, though? Doesn't seem like it

On the flip side, I see people gleefully ripping New England letting Brady get away as equal to the Red Sox trading away Babe Ruth calling the worst move in sports history.

I think that's ridiculous. 

Letting a 42 year old QB go is hardly controversial. Belichick did what he always did and put system over players. He played the odds.

For years, it had worked out in his favor. This time clearly it did not. 

But it's easy to see why he chose to go with the younger QB.

I'm guessing lots of Steelers fans right now are wishing their team had chosen a similar path. 
Both are right. Brady had a narrow window. 2-3 years max. He won the SB in year 1. If anything this was a brilliant move by TB

At least the Niners had Steve Young. The Patriots had Section 104, Row 12, Seat 17 to replace Brady. That's the biggest WTF moment involving BB. What exactly was the secession plan once Brady left town? It's not like they didn't know he was old. He had long passed "getting old." I can't really believe the plan was Stidham (at least I hope not).
What? You didn’t enjoy the Cam era?

Not sure about the “letting” part. Betts wanted out of Boston. He wasn’t going to resign and was going to be a free agent. So they traded him for what they could get and got away from Price in the process. 
Bostonian sports fans will never admit a mistake.  Or two.  What's up with that?

Harry Frogfish said:
Bostonian sports fans will never admit a mistake.  Or two.  What's up with that?
Yes, we can. We even have a term unique to New England sports for it. Whenever we screw up we just say we Bucknah’d that all up!

On the flip side, I see people gleefully ripping New England letting Brady get away as equal to the Red Sox trading away Babe Ruth calling the worst move in sports history.

I think that's ridiculous. 

Letting a 42 year old QB go is hardly controversial. Belichick did what he always did and put system over players. He played the odds.

For years, it had worked out in his favor. This time clearly it did not. 

But it's easy to see why he chose to go with the younger QB.

I'm guessing lots of Steelers fans right now are wishing their team had chosen a similar path. 

So what do you think of them letting their semi home-town boy Mookie Betts go, in his prime?  Yes, it's not football, but curious your thoughts.

Yes, we can. We even have a term unique to New England sports for it. Whenever we screw up we just say we Bucknah’d that all up!
BS.  I like the Buckner tie-in, nice work, always a good one to lean on, but that doesn't make the excuses from all else go away. That stuff doesn't get to disappear because of Bill Buckner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry that you feel this way.
As a season ticket holder pre Brady years and through his early years… I reserve right to say #### all. Belichick kept him as a fourth his rookie year. Played him his second year when the media did not think he should have. 

I understand that Brady has gone on to do great things. But I do not like his dad saying hell yes. That to me is someone that was never in the seats. I feel like now Brady and family is going over top. 

There is absolutely zero o line guys that play like him. Furthermore they all sit at home and skulk despite their QBs and team needing them. There is not one of the oline guys that can make a claime to hall of fame. Because they sit on couch like me. 

Users who are viewing this thread