What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tony Hargrove (1 Viewer)

Clarkmeister

Footballguy
I drafted Hargrove based on some quality analysis on this site as a sleeper, coupled with some research of my own at some Rams websites. Given that he was my DE4 (we start DT's as well), I am surprised to see him listed as the #3 overall DE this week in the FBG rankings. Anyone have an opinion on this? I don't mind starting him, but I'd leave out a pretty decent DE to do so. This just seems like a stretch to me. Any thoughts?

I thought it may be an anti-Kwami Harris play but Hargove plays on the right side which will match him up against Jonas Jennings. I guess someone sees the Rams jumping up by 14 early and getting a ton of pass rushing opportunities.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should get the opportunities for sure as the Rams will more than likely put up points on SF like they always have. Hargrove has been rock solid during pre-season and he is still trying to fight to keep his starting position. He will be trying to make the most out of every opportunity he gets early in the season. Starting off against SF can't be anything but decent. Top ten this week? Not sure, but he should have a good outing.

Yeah, I saw that too. Same pre-season analysis as you. I had Okeafor as my starter and decided to bench him in favor of Hargrove based upon this site's rankings. I'll go with the rankings the first week.

I also drafted him as my DL4, but I'm starting him this week based on the above mentioned facts that 1) Kwame Harris is awful2) SF will be down and throwing the entire 2nd half3) Kwame Harris is awful4) Rattay is an indecisive statue in the pocket prone to rattlingSF homer, over and out :bag:

I also drafted him as my DL4, but I'm starting him this week based on the above mentioned facts that

1) Kwame Harris is awful

2) SF will be down and throwing the entire 2nd half

3) Kwame Harris is awful

4) Rattay is an indecisive statue in the pocket prone to rattling

SF homer, over and out  :bag:
Agreed. He's ranked #3 because they project him with 2 sacks and based on your scoring system that could be huge. If he gets 2 sacks and just 3-4 tackles he'll be Top 5-10 in my league for sure. I'm all over starting a guy I grabbed *real* late when he's got a good matchup.See, that's the thing with IDP's and weekly rankings. You can even have a scrub be ranked high from time to if they have a great matchup and you predict a sack or other big play. Will Smith from NO is a prefect example for me last year. I practically started that guy every week because he might have only done 1 or 2 things all game but he usually got a sack in one of them (we start 3 DL, have 6 on roster). He was a great #3 high upside guy that cashed in for me most weeks.

But you must go with your gut. If you think Hargrove will only get 1 sack or none, move him way down the list, Top 30 maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
But that's the thing with the NFL. Let's say Kwame Harris is awful. Based upon that matchup, Hargrove will get 2 sacks.But the 49ers know this also. They'll make adjustments so that it's not just a one vs. one matchup. Both sides are continually making adjustments to take advantage of strengths and over-compensate for weaknesses. This is why IDP is so extremely hard to predict.

Users who are viewing this thread