What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Torry Holt's luck runs out (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) Uhhh, I never mentioned Bulger putting on weight...I did mention Warner putting on weight.  Warner claims to have put on 12 pounds of muscle in the offseason.  How do I know this?  Because he said so on News Channel 5 where he is paid as a commentator every Monday night if the Rams are not playing.....I'm giving insider/local info and you are giving supposition.  where do you get this cheeseburger crap?  And it really is apples and oranges when you can't get the names straight....
My bad - I meant Warner. And yes, it is apples oranges b/c Faulk added muscle weight and Warner added weight "around his middle" so he could endure more sacks. And he did NOT say he put on 12 pounds of MUSCLE it was 12 pounds of weight around the middle. Apples and oranges comparison, for sure. You'll find citation in this thread:

Warner's Weight

Here's the quote:

"It seems like it's been two years since I've played," Warner said after Friday's morning session. "Physically I felt good. My arm feels great. My arm feels better than it has in a long time. My hand feels awesome. No physical problems."

He followed his normal offseason routine. The only difference from a year ago is his weight; he is up to 216 pounds after he decided to regain some cushion. He no longer hides from junk food and he's not averse to slamming down a late-night snack.

Yeah, sounds like he added a ton of muscle with that late night junk food. There's a link to the article, but it is so old that it seems to be a dead link. I won't respond to any of your personal attacks because I choose facts, backed up by facts.

Your other two responses were based on assumptions that Faulk would be injured, so they are as untenable as the rest of your post. Like I said, my mistake on the names.
So you think that Warner ate like crap and didn't hit the gym? How do you suppose someone puts on weight? Eating more rice cakes than you normally do? No, you eat foods with a lot of fat in them to put on weight. But you also hit the gym. Obviously you have never tried to bulk up. Lots of red meat, lots of peanut butter, not being afraid of fast food, lots of protein, but if you do all that and do not hit the gym consistently, then you baloon. the guy only gained 12 pounds. How? By hitting the gym. The guy lives in St. Louis year round and is a regular at the practice facility in Earth City. Just because you have a quote about him eating some junk food does not imply that he didn't work out. I saw that interview live. It said nothing about being fat or gaining weight around the middle. It did say:
He followed his normal offseason routine
I suppose that his normal offseason routine is laying on the couch everyday or playing an occasional round of golf? He lives in this city and is under the watchful eye of the coaching staff that other players don't have who live in other cities. He is accountable in the offseason, not a couch potato...

10 catches for over 160 yards and another touchdown today. Yep, the dropoff begins today... :P
...and the game isn't over yet.I can't believe this thread has garnered this much attention. It's like arguing the sky isn't blue or something.

Bristol, here is a knife, a fork, and a shaker of salt. You may begin to eat your crow...........NOW. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :lol: :lol:

Bristol, here is a knife, a fork, and a shaker of salt. You may begin to eat your crow...........NOW. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :lol: :lol:
Bristol is that talk-radio host of the FBG boards... he takes random controversial stands just to see how many people he can goad to respond. See his "McNair is an average QB" thread for reference.That being said, the core of his argument here is that Faulk will vulture TDs from Holt. I don't think you can make him eat crow until Faulk actually returns.

I disagree with Brostol's assessment, but his point was that Holt would drop off when Marshall played. Marshall didn't play, so this means nothing.

Another smart ### know it all trying to make a name for himself like it matters on this board. 200 yds and a TD yep its the end for Holt.

I disagree with Brostol's assessment, but his point was that Holt would drop off when Marshall played. Marshall didn't play, so this means nothing.
Thank you Cheesehead!!!There are three people in this thread that I just gained respect for because they actually understand the arguement: Cheesehead, Slider and Porkchop.The whole jist of this thread was to say that WHEN FAULK RETURNS, Holt's numbers will take a shot, both yardage wise and TD wise (especially his TD's). I know that he will get yards, but not at the clip that he has gotten them the past 4 weeks.Morons like ZSASZ and ICEMAN03 need to learn how to read before they chime in with their 0.02 cents.We will have to wait until next week to see the true effect of Faulk on Holt.

Thank you Cheesehead!!!There are three people in this thread that I just gained respect for because they actually understand the arguement: Cheesehead, Slider and Porkchop.The whole jist of this thread was to say that WHEN FAULK RETURNS, Holt's numbers will take a shot, both yardage wise and TD wise (especially his TD's). I know that he will get yards, but not at the clip that he has gotten them the past 4 weeks.Morons like ZSASZ and ICEMAN03 need to learn how to read before they chime in with their 0.02 cents.We will have to wait until next week to see the true effect of Faulk on Holt.
:rolleyes: good callYou made Holt mad ;)

In for the gloat. :rotflmao:
What's there to gloat about, jagoff?Faulk didn't play. If anything, this type of performance will prove my point even more once he does come back.Then it will be my time to be "In for the gloat :rotflmao: "

:rolleyes: good callYou made Holt mad ;)
You won't like him when he's angry.

The Torry Holt that you have all grown to love over the past 3 to 4 weeks will disappear starting this week.
This is the first sentecne in this thread and you wonder why people are coming in here to tell you what a moron you are after holt goes off for 11/200/1?

What's there to gloat about, jagoff?Faulk didn't play. If anything, this type of performance will prove my point even more once he does come back.Then it will be my time to be "In for the gloat :rotflmao: "
Just the fact that you regress into name calling shows how insecure/immature :cry: you are. You stated in a message in this same thread that if the Rams got beat up today that no one would produce. Guess what? Torry did. You were wrong about McNair and you are/will be wrong about Torry because Faulk is far from the same player he used to be. The worst part of the deal is you are not man enough to own up when you are wrong.

Bristol is that talk-radio host of the FBG boards... he takes random controversial stands just to see how many people he can goad to respond. See his "McNair is an average QB" thread for reference.
Isn't the purpose of this board to spark debate through differing opinions? I am sorry if I come across as a "radio talk show host" because I look at things a lot differently than most do on this board. The best threads on this board are the ones that leave themselves open for debate. Too many people seem to tow the company line on here and jump all over people who swim the other way. Even David Dodds has been a victim of this. Look at a thread from a couple of days ago where someone flat our took David to task for ranking Santana Moss #7 this week. Who looks like the fool now?Just because I don't "buy in" to what the masses (or sheep) believe, doesn't make my opinion wrong.

What's there to gloat about, jagoff?

Faulk didn't play. If anything, this type of performance will prove my point even more once he does come back.

Then it will be my time to be "In for the gloat :rotflmao: "
Like you came in "for the gloat" after ridiculing everyone who picked up D Davis? and after you said the "shark move" was to trade him right after his first start (and before his biggest game of the season so far)? You also dissed Travis Henry in that thread and then he ran for 124 yards.Holt went 7/174/1 last week in the same game where Harris carried the ball 34 times and ran for 3 TDs.

When Holt puts up his usual big numbers next week, you'll disappear for a while - just like you did after D Davis made you look stupid :)

Just because I don't "buy in" to what the masses (or sheep) believe, doesn't make my opinion wrong.
No, it's the fact that your opinion turned out to be wrong that made your opinion wrong. Save the misunderstood iconoclast routine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the purpose of this board to spark debate through differing opinions? I am sorry if I come across as a "radio talk show host" because I look at things a lot differently than most do on this board. The best threads on this board are the ones that leave themselves open for debate.
Yes, but most regular posters here own up to when their wrong - that's the flip side of the coin for taking credit when you're right. You don't just go against the current, you ridicule those who who hold the popular opinion, and then you never own up.

This is the first sentecne in this thread and you wonder why people are coming in here to tell you what a moron you are after holt goes off for 11/200/1?
EXACTLY!!! The FIRST sentence of the thread. I know that it may be difficult for you to get past the first sentence, but if you would have read the rest of the post you would understand what the arguement was about. It was common knowledge before this game that Faulk was going to play. Since the Rams got blown out (another prediction of mine that came true), Martz decided against playing him. I am not going to go back an rehash what I said because you can go read it yourself (that is if you can read at all). It has nothing to do with Holt. My arguement has EVERYTHING to do with Faulk!!!

Yes, but most regular posters here own up to when their wrong - that's the flip side of the coin for taking credit when you're right. You don't just go against the current, you ridicule those who who hold the popular opinion, and then you never own up.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!!?!?What did I never own up to? Davis split carries with Mack today. When Mcnair when up against the Panthers, he did not have a "great" day. People on this board like to read between the lines about what I actually say. Maybe if people like you took the time to actually read and understand the arguements, you would see hwta I am actually trying to say.Popular opinion is fine, if it is justified. I think you need to call out all of those Lelie owners who built the guy up to be a superstar before and at the beginning of the season. All I hear now from those people is *cricket*. They are not owning up. Instead, they continue to make excuses for why the guy isn't performing (i.e Portis was hurt, three different QB's, etc).Call those people out. I am man enough to admit when I am wrong. With this Holt case, I have not been proven wrong since Faulk didn't play.

No, it's the fact that your opinion turned out to be wrong that made your opinion wrong. Save the misunderstood iconoclast routine.
And please show me where my opinion was "wrong" Mordred?I said that Holt's numbers would take a serious dip WHEN FAULK CAME BACK!!!! Did yous ee Faulk play today? I didn't!!Maybe you should actually read this thread from page one instead of jumping in on page 3 WITHOUT all the facts.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!!?!?What did I never own up to? Davis split carries with Mack today. When Mcnair when up against the Panthers, he did not have a "great" day. People on this board like to read between the lines about what I actually say. Maybe if people like you took the time to actually read and understand the arguements, you would see hwta I am actually trying to say.Popular opinion is fine, if it is justified. I think you need to call out all of those Lelie owners who built the guy up to be a superstar before and at the beginning of the season. All I hear now from those people is *cricket*. They are not owning up. Instead, they continue to make excuses for why the guy isn't performing (i.e Portis was hurt, three different QB's, etc).Call those people out. I am man enough to admit when I am wrong. With this Holt case, I have not been proven wrong since Faulk didn't play.
It doesn't take a genius to predict someone won't have a great day and then put into print all the fine points to make sure your point is so narrow that it is basically meaningless other than trying to make your self look like some self-appointed genius. You also hedged your bets by saying that the Rams would get beat and that no one would likely produce. This is what you would have gone back to if Faulk had started and Torry had the same kind of day he did. Consider yourself owned. :yes:

What's there to gloat about, jagoff?

Faulk didn't play.  If anything, this type of performance will prove my point even more once he does come back.

Then it will be my time to be "In for the gloat  :rotflmao: "
Like you came in "for the gloat" after ridiculing everyone who picked up D Davis? and after you said the "shark move" was to trade him right after his first start (and before his biggest game of the season so far)? You also dissed Travis Henry in that thread and then he ran for 124 yards.Holt went 7/174/1 last week in the same game where Harris carried the ball 34 times and ran for 3 TDs.

When Holt puts up his usual big numbers next week, you'll disappear for a while - just like you did after D Davis made you look stupid :)
Davis didn't make me look "stupid". Check out my comments in the "Dom Davis - What to expect today" thread. He got hurt today and didn't put up the numbers that everyone was saying he would. Now, if he didn't get hurt, would he have put up another great day? Probably, but when you play against good defenses, wierd thing happen: you have a bad day, you get hurt, etc. I knew that one way or the other, he would not put up 100 yards. He didn't, but I didn't gloat. Why don't you go into the Dom Davis thread and call out all of those people fro predicting 130 yards and 2 TD's?

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!!?!?What did I never own up to?
Bristol Posted: Oct 21 2003, 11:15 PM It's almost comical to watch you "sharks" debate the talents of Davis.The guy had a career day against the JETS for crying out loud. So far, every running back in the league has had a huge day against them. Can you please tone done the excitement and see what he does this week? He may get the yards but the TD's belong to Mack.A true shark wouldn't post a question like this and would have traded him two days ago.
D Davis 10/26 IND 25/109/2
Bristol Posted: Oct 22 2003, 07:20 PMAnd before you go off on about Henry's aberration day this past Sunday, I have one thing to say: Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.He has sucked all year yardage wise and that was magnified even more when the passing game went in the tank. It's only a matter of time before McGahee takes over.
Henry 10/26 KC 22/124

And please show me where my opinion was "wrong" Mordred?
Okie doke.
By you:

Beginning of the end starts this week!!

The Torry Holt that you have all grown to love over the past 3 to 4 weeks will disappear starting this week. With the return of Marshall Faulk, all of the TD's and yardage that he has been getting recently will vanish in the blink of an eye and he will return to the Torry Holt of old.

Hope everyone was able to dump him off the past couple of weeks. If not, this upcoming week, may be your last chance to get some big names for him.

Marshall is the centerpiece of the Rams team and will command both the yardage and TD's when he returns. It doesn't look good for Holt owners!!
Bolded sections are declarative sentences that proved inaccurate or flat out wrong, or suggestions that have proven ill-conceived.Italicized sections are hypotheticals mostly re: Faulk that have yet to make a whit of difference one way or the other.

All of which was interesting enough for me to read and go, "huh," then disregard. There may have been a kernel of something in there, but every bit of it has either proven wrong or irrelevant.

None of which is sufficient to warrant the calling out. It's the tired schtick that makes you just another in a long line of non-entities. Carry on. I'll be somewhere else.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!!?!?What did I never own up to?
Bristol Posted: Oct 21 2003, 11:15 PM  It's almost comical to watch you "sharks" debate the talents of Davis.The guy had a career day against the JETS for crying out loud. So far, every running back in the league has had a huge day against them. Can you please tone done the excitement and see what he does this week? He may get the yards but the TD's belong to Mack.A true shark wouldn't post a question like this and would have traded him two days ago.
D Davis 10/26 IND 25/109/2
Bristol Posted: Oct 22 2003, 07:20 PMAnd before you go off on about Henry's aberration day this past Sunday, I have one thing to say: Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.He has sucked all year yardage wise and that was magnified even more when the passing game went in the tank. It's only a matter of time before McGahee takes over.
Henry 10/26 KC 22/124
What exactly was I proven wrong about?Every running back that has played the Jets this year has had huge days ( just look at Buckhalter last week). Is C-buck the second coming now too? And what was my exact quote? "Let's see what he does this week". Which he had a monster game. Why is this reason for me to own up? I still think the guy is overrated because people have put too much hype on the guy after two games (one being against the hapless Jets). It's nice to put up my quotes so everyone can see that you don't read or understand what I post.And as for Henry, how many games has the guy had where he rushed for UNDER 50 yards this year? Yes he gets the TD's when they get close, but the large yardage games have been aberrations for him this year. Why else do you think the Bills are so desperate for McGahee to come back.Again, if you are going to coem to battle with me, come with a loaded weapon. Nothing I said in EITHER of these posts has been proven wrong.

hey bristolin all seriousness, you and tommygunZ should team up and put out a newsletter for fantasy football. you are nuttin but butta! :rotflmao:

Carry on. I'll be somewhere else.
Like you opinon matters anyway. I know what I said and for me to defend it to morons like yourself any longer is a waste of my time.What you are saying is "hypothetical" is the exact basis for the reasoning of my arguement. Small mided people like yourself will read what they want to read.

Carry on....you are better off giving your WDIS opinions in the Asst. Caoch

Last edited by a moderator:
EXACTLY!!! The FIRST sentence of the thread. I know that it may be difficult for you to get past the first sentence, but if you would have read the rest of the post you would understand what the arguement was about. It was common knowledge before this game that Faulk was going to play. Since the Rams got blown out (another prediction of mine that came true), Martz decided against playing him. I am not going to go back an rehash what I said because you can go read it yourself (that is if you can read at all). It has nothing to do with Holt. My arguement has EVERYTHING to do with Faulk!!!
I wanna pile on!!!What about this gem? "Common knowledge that Faulk was going to play?" Everything I saw said he would be limited, if he played at all.

:rolleyes: whatever...
That's what I thought!!!Little nugget for you to chew on that is based on FACT:Henry's YPG average through 8 games is: 68 YPGDon't you think that monster performance bumped that up a bit?Again, load you weapon.

I wanna pile on!!!What about this gem? "Common knowledge that Faulk was going to play?" Everything I saw said he would be limited, if he played at all.
And I will pile on you:I said PLAY....not START!!!You just said the same thing I did except in a beligerent way.

or.... maybe his luck doesn't run out and he is as good as how he has been playing.Thanks for another good week Mr. Holt. :thumbup:

How's that crow Bristol you mullethead.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You were wrong on Alexander. You were wrong on McNair. You were wrong on Dom Davis. You were wrong on Holt. What...I bet the next thing you'll tell us that Ahman Green is going to be worthless in the next couple weeks? :excited: :excited:

Is this where I say that I said over 100 yds and 1 TD for Holt earlier in the thread as in before Sunday ?But I was dead wrong about the Rams winning but fantasy wise from a points standing Bulger had a good day 19 points in our league. But seriously excellent point about Harris running 3 TD's in on the ground and Holt still catching a TD pass vs. PIT.Bristol - I agree we still have to see what happens when Faulk does return to Holts stats but you must see Holt is obviously the number 1 WR and Bulgers go to WR. Bruce's former TD production when he had more left has shifted more towards Holt. For these reasons Holt will continue to get TD's when Faulk returns. It will be an interesting week seeing what comes out of STL ref Faulk. Please not the dreaded RBBC in STL. Even against their "apparent" remaining cake schedule it could drive an owner to drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread