What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Total Bases Pool (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
I am entering a total bases pool with about 41 total GMs. I have draft position #8

Basically, your player has to hit for the most bases on the night--Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Walks, HBP etc don't count toward total bases. A double is two bases etc.

Anyone want to offer top 8 choices?

That's an oddly specific timeframe, so it's going to be pretty fluky.

That being said, I think I'd rely on some blend of SLG% track record and injury history. In no particular order:
Aaron Judge
Freddie Freeman
Pete Alonso
Vlad Guerrero Jr.
Mike Trout
Mookie Betts
Paul Goldschmidt
Ronald Acuna Jr.

(Jose Ramirez, Trea Turner, Yordan Alvarez, Austin Riley, Manny Machado, Juan Soto all seem like fine options as well)

That being said, I think I'd rely on some blend of SLG% track record and injury history. In no particular order:
Aaron Judge
Freddie Freeman
Pete Alonso
Vlad Guerrero Jr.
Mike Trout
Mookie Betts
Paul Goldschmidt
Ronald Acuna Jr.

(Jose Ramirez, Trea Turner, Yordan Alvarez, Austin Riley, Manny Machado, Juan Soto all seem like fine options as well)

Love the list--my only comment is that Goldy the oldie is getting long in the tooth. I'd prob sub him out and insert one of the others. Thoughts?

Aaron Judge
Freddie Freeman
Pete Alonso
Vlad Guerrero Jr.
Mike Trout
Mookie Betts
Paul Goldschmidt
Ronald Acuna Jr.

Love the list--my only comment is that Goldy the oldie is getting long in the tooth. I'd prob sub him out and insert one of the others. Thoughts?
I could see going that route for sure.

Yordan might be a wise choice if his hand issue is resolved before you pick.

Users who are viewing this thread