What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade 2 more years of Dak for 12 weeks of Big Ben? (1 Viewer)

whoson1st0

Footballguy
14 team Superflex non-ppr league. It's also an auction league with a $200 starting budget (for lineup and bench) and a $200 in season active lineup cap. And we can trade draft dollars.
We do a H2H winner as well as an overall points winner.

I'm in first place but just lost Dak. My other QBs are Carr and Fitzpatrick. I'd be ok going forward with them except (1) Carr is on BYE this week (2) Fitz is on BYE next week and (3) At some point Fitz will probably lose his job to Tua

I have Dak on contract for the next 2 years ($43 next year, $48 in '22); However I am already in the hole $34 after trading for CMC and Moore (CMC cannot be kept beyond this year). After offering $22 for Roethlisberger, the owner countered with Big Ben for Dak straight up. So I'd get my replacement QB without losing any draft dollars. And although I'd lose Dak, I'd free up an additional $43 next year.

Am I giving up too much in the future for a solid yet unspectacular QB now? With the rest of my team (listed below), am I better off going after another top RB to put in my superflex? (e.g. A Jones or Kamara).

Rest of my team 
RBs - CMC/M Davis, Zeke
WR - Thielen, DJ Moore, Crowder
TE - Andrews
Bench does not have much value beyond bye week replacements

Thank you!

whoson1st0 said:
14 team Superflex non-ppr league. It's also an auction league with a $200 starting budget (for lineup and bench) and a $200 in season active lineup cap. And we can trade draft dollars.
We do a H2H winner as well as an overall points winner.

I'm in first place but just lost Dak. My other QBs are Carr and Fitzpatrick. I'd be ok going forward with them except (1) Carr is on BYE this week (2) Fitz is on BYE next week and (3) At some point Fitz will probably lose his job to Tua

I have Dak on contract for the next 2 years ($43 next year, $48 in '22); However I am already in the hole $34 after trading for CMC and Moore (CMC cannot be kept beyond this year). After offering $22 for Roethlisberger, the owner countered with Big Ben for Dak straight up. So I'd get my replacement QB without losing any draft dollars. And although I'd lose Dak, I'd free up an additional $43 next year.

Am I giving up too much in the future for a solid yet unspectacular QB now? With the rest of my team (listed below), am I better off going after another top RB to put in my superflex? (e.g. A Jones or Kamara).

Rest of my team 
RBs - CMC/M Davis, Zeke
WR - Thielen, DJ Moore, Crowder
TE - Andrews
Bench does not have much value beyond bye week replacements

Thank you!
Well you're definitely selling low on Dak right now, even in a keeper league.  It's possible his career is over, and also possible he comes back but with much less mobility, and quite probably less confidence too.  And don't count on him being with the Cowboys next year either and all that offensive firepower.

I actually do feel good about Roethlisberger this year, especially if D Johnson gets healthy - that's 3 good WR's comparable to the Cowboys trio.  Of course he is a true statue now at his age so always a chance a hit takes him out.  I think I'd be inclined to accept and make a run for the title this year since you are in first right now.

Here's mine please

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/789434-ppr-ros-c-claypool-m-brown-d-samuel-t-mclaurin-whir/ 
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/789378-rank-chase-claypool-in-ppr-ros/

Users who are viewing this thread