What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade advice. Offered Fournette, McCoy and Baldwin for Davante Adams (1 Viewer)

Knox

Footballguy
I'm in a PPR league   12yds/1 pt    1 pt per reception  TD = 6 pts

Start QB, 3WR, 2 RB, 2 RB/WR,  TE, K, DEF

Trade offered is Leonard Fournette, Lesean McCoy and Doug Baldwin for Davante Adams, Gio Bernard and Elijah McGuire.

I have Kamara and pretty much no other starting RB's.  As far as receivers, I have Cooks, Landry, Sterling Shepard, Valdes-Scantling, Taylor Gabriel 

I'm 50/50 on it.  The potential is there, but none of those players have done squat this year!  Buffalo is garbage and trying to lock up the #1 draft pick.  Its about the time that McCoy gets a season ending injury, Fournette is constantly injured and Baldwin's knee is suspect.    The person offering the trade still has Melvin Gordon, Mixon, Ingram, Sony Michel, and Lindsay, so I'd be potentially setting him up for a championship.  

Knox said:
I'm 50/50 on it.  The potential is there, but none of those players have done squat this year!  Buffalo is garbage and trying to lock up the #1 draft pick.  Its about the time that McCoy gets a season ending injury, Fournette is constantly injured and Baldwin's knee is suspect.    The person offering the trade still has Melvin Gordon, Mixon, Ingram, Sony Michel, and Lindsay, so I'd be potentially setting him up for a championship.  
Don't worry about how strong a trade makes the other guy, your primary goal is to make your team better.  If Fournette is healthy and finishes the year like we all expected him to be then this trade makes you better.  

But, with that said, this guy has a lot of firepower, and he is selling the questionable pieces to you, and trying to make it a big trade (3 for 3) to hide that fact IMO.  In the proposed trade, he receives a stud WR, Mixon's handcuff (who looks to be just a throw in depth piece but Gio has value mostly to this guy and no one else), and another depth pick in McGuire just to make it look balanced, while as you said giving you two questionable RBs and a questionable WR to you.   If Fournette is healthy then this helps you, if Buffalo wins a couple games or stays competitive then Shady could help you, but you're assuming the most risk of this trade as you know. 

I'd try to keep it simple.  Sell him Adams straight up for Mixon.  Or if he's stuck on Fournette being the piece you get, then have him make it Fournette and Lindsay (or even Michel if you prefer him) instead of Shady.  

I don't like that trade for you at all and even though you shouldn't totally base your trade on what it does for the other guy in this case I would consider it.  You aren't getting tons better and could actually get worse because of all the risk so the fact it makes this guy quite a bit better it does hurt your chances to win.  I really don't like Shady or Baldwin and think they have basically zero value to you.  They are roster cloggers that make it difficult to cut because of their name recognition but are doing nothing worth keeping on the roster.  .

I do like wlwiles' suggestion of simplifying and going after a safer piece.  Get rid of Baldwin and McCoy in the deal and figure out a  better WR return to give up Adams. 

Users who are viewing this thread