What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Beckham for Zeke? (1 Viewer)

John Kreese

Footballguy
12 team ppr redraft - start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex

Was offered Zeke, Jordan Reed, and Allen Robinson for Beckham, Jordan Howard, and Greg Olsen (hurt)

Current Team -

QB - Stafford, Mahomes

RB - Fournette, Howard, Ingram, White, Chubb, Yeldon

WR - Beckham, Marvin Jones, Crabtree, Cobb, Godwin

TE - Olsen, Seals-Jones

Thoughts? Leaves me with a bunch of WR2 guys but stud RB's and fills the TE slot with Olsen hurt (although I'm sure Reed won't be far behind :)

It's a toss up.  I'd go with whatever you believed at the beginning of the year.  Assuming Elliott went before Beckham, if you had both on the clock who would you have taken?

As I said below it is way too early to panic on Elliott.  One game does not make a season.  So if you liked Elliott better than Beckham before the season, I'd go ahead and make the deal.

On the other hand you already know what you are getting from Beckham, so if you're the kind who will kick yourself later for jumping on a guy who had a bad week one, then you might want to stay put.

Cobb and Crabtree came through in week one and Godwin reached the endzone as well. I would make the trade and then possibly drop Chubb for a WW WR.

Isn't Goodwin hurt though?  I think its a bit of a wash though with maybe the guy offering the trade getting more. IMHO, you're downgrading both RB and WR (Zeke for Howard, Beckham for Robinson) to get a starting quality TE that's often injured. I think you'd be fine without the trade but if you just really really want Reed I think you'll be ok with the trade as well. Personally, I'd lean no though.  

Isn't Goodwin hurt though?  I think its a bit of a wash though with maybe the guy offering the trade getting more. IMHO, you're downgrading both RB and WR (Zeke for Howard, Beckham for Robinson) to get a starting quality TE that's often injured. I think you'd be fine without the trade but if you just really really want Reed I think you'll be ok with the trade as well. Personally, I'd lean no though.  
Goodwin isn't part of the deal. Also, you think going from Howard to Zeke is a downgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread