What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade for AJ Green-- Not worth the RB depth hit (Freeman centerpiece on my side) (1 Viewer)

JMoz

Footballguy
Big fan of AJ, and honestly, all involved in this trade. I love my roster as is. I'm a bit worried that Freemans lack of heavy touches may haunt me some weeks (but his weeks 14 and 16 against the saints is why I drafted him 7th-- aj green went 8th). I also really like alshon in this high volume passing attack of Philly. I have him slightly above martavis rest of season.

The trade would be 

Freeman

Martavis

Tyrell Williams

For 

Aj green

Alshon Jeffrey (he also has D.Adams, which would basically turn my team into the packers)

James white 

There is also the smaller option route:

Alshon (or Davante Adams)+James White for Tyrell and Tarik Cohen

Leave a link this is a tough one and I feel I may just be trading for the sake of it( which I'm fine with if I'm not losing value) 

Roster below:

16 team league- .5 PPR redraft

2-0

QB Aaron Rodgers

RB (2) Freeman, Ty Montgomery, Tarik Cohen, Smallwood, Alex Collins

WR (2)  Martavis Bryant, Pierre Garcon, Tyrell Williams, Robby Anderson, Josh Gordon

TE Ertz, ASJ

RB/WR/TE - Best Matchup

D Jacksonville

K Tucker

That is a solid trade offer. That's your team in a 16 team league? Yeah, I can see why you like it, but honestly, I think that trade offer betters it by a significant amount. Your WR corps go from meh to pretty strong and you don't take that huge of a hit at RB. I'd stick with Alshon over Adams and I wouldn't look back. Unless half your league is terrible players with truly abysmal rosters I would put you as a lock for SB with that team after the trade. I'm kinda jealous.

I would not make that trade.

With Freeman and Montgomery you're going to rack up points on a consistent basis.

In a 16 Team league Garcon is a solid W-2, he is going to get the volume and Martavius is your boom bust bug Point scorer

Ertz is going to anchor your tight end position very well.

You are 2 -0 be patient

You have a good blend of consistency and blow up power 

I hold tight as well.  I like your balance as is and losing Freeman really cuts into that balance.  In larger leagues you need guys that can win a week all by themselves because usually you have one or two "zeros" in your lineup.  From the team you listed you have a solid starter everywhere.   

In larger leagues you need guys that can win a week all by themselves
Isn't that what Green and Jeffrey are? You're essentially getting 2 for 1, right? You guys are telling me you prefer this lineup:

• Rodgers
  • Freeman, Montgomery
  • M.Bryant, Garcon
  • Ertz
  • (Cohen or Williams probably most of the time)
over this one?

• Rodgers
  • Montgomery, Cohen/White
  • A.J.Green, Jeffrey
  • Ertz
  • Garcon (probably most of the time)
That seems crazy to me. That second lineup would be good in a 12 man league, in a 16 man it's godlike.

Isn't that what Green and Jeffrey are? You're essentially getting 2 for 1, right? You guys are telling me you prefer this lineup:

• Rodgers
  • Freeman, Montgomery
  • M.Bryant, Garcon
  • Ertz
  • (Cohen or Williams probably most of the time)
over this one?

• Rodgers
  • Montgomery, Cohen/White
  • A.J.Green, Jeffrey
  • Ertz
  • Garcon (probably most of the time)
That seems crazy to me. That second lineup would be good in a 12 man league, in a 16 man it's godlike.
I think Bryant and Jeffrey are similar with Bryant being a little more risk but more reward.  Jeffrey being safer (albeit more of an injury risk with his soft tissue history).  I think Freeman is a difference maker at a more difficult position to fill.  I also don't like the Bengals mess of a situation.  I think that will continue to drag AJ Green down and make him more of a low end WR1/High End WR2. 

So yes, I like the team with Freeman more than the team with AJ Green. 

I’d hold off. Your team is pretty even and it’s still early. You have legit starters already in every position 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread