What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade for Julio? Pre-Keeper Trade. (1 Viewer)

Give A. Collins and 1.05 to get J. Jones and 8.04?

• Heck yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Avery

Footballguy
14 team, PPR, 6 pts TD, 3 keepers, QB / 2-3 RB / 2-3 WR / TE / K / TD

My best players to consider keeping are:
QB: D. Watson
RB: L. Fournette, A. Collins
WR: A. Cooper

As much as I like Watson, QBs just don't generally have the value to keep.  

Due to selling off-pieces to contending teams last year, I am also well positioned in the draft with the following picks to start: 1.05, 1.10, 2.05, 3.10, 3.11, 4.05, 4.10, 4.14

I have made all offers to the 1.01 owner and he just isn't moving.  Now I know a quality player will be available at 1.05, but draft picks are never guarantees.

I just got this offer:
I get: J. Jones & 8.04
I give: A. Collins & 1.05

He also has A. Brown, Diggs and Engram.

I do get older, and miss on one of the top RB prospects, but given how rock solid Julio is, is this a no brainer?

Note that there is no penalty or limit on keeping players.  You can keep whatever three players you want each year.

Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks! :thumbup:

Edit to fix: 14 team league... not 4. :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not the best to opine on this as I'm more down on Julio than anyone else I know. He has high highs, sure, but too many low lows for me.

I'd keep Collins and the 1.5 and I'm not even a big fan of Collins.

I would counter with the 1.10 in place of the 1.05, just to see if the other owner bites. If not, I have no issue taking Julio for Collins and the 1.05. 

Personally I'd stick with 1.05 and 1.10.   I also think Collins is in line for a nice year but our league doesn't trade draft picks so I may be off line.

4 team PPR?  That has to be a typo and you meant 14 teams?

Based on your keepers you probably aren't keeping Collins (or at least I wouldn't in a keep forever league) so you are essentially giving up Watson and 1.05 for Julio.  I also don't have any idea what kind of WR's will be available in the draft as each team is only keeping 3 players I would assume you should get someone really nice at 1.05.  I think I hold off on that deal.  If he has Julio then he has to let either Diggs or Engram go in the draft which are nice pieces that will be available to you. 

Difficult to tell, what kind of players do you expect to be there at 1.05?
It's usually the rookies at the top of the 1st round in this league.  People want to swing for the fences for the unknown and find a new and better keeper for next year.  Occasionally, a really good vet slides through but vets usually start to go mid the late round.

So I'd say it would be the likes of the tier of rookie's from 1.04-1.06 if that helps you advise. 

4 team PPR?  That has to be a typo and you meant 14 teams?

Based on your keepers you probably aren't keeping Collins (or at least I wouldn't in a keep forever league) so you are essentially giving up Watson and 1.05 for Julio.  I also don't have any idea what kind of WR's will be available in the draft as each team is only keeping 3 players I would assume you should get someone really nice at 1.05.  I think I hold off on that deal.  If he has Julio then he has to let either Diggs or Engram go in the draft which are nice pieces that will be available to you. 
Werps.  Yeah 14 team. :bag:

Winston is just not a keeper based on where you can grab them in this league.

Edit to add: If he doesn't trade Julio to me, he could trade him, or one of those top four players, to somebody else.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It's usually the rookies at the top of the 1st round in this league.  People want to swing for the fences for the unknown and find a new and better keeper for next year.  Occasionally, a really good vet slides through but vets usually start to go mid the late round.

So I'd say it would be the likes of the tier of rookie's from 1.04-1.06 if that helps you advise. 
Take this with a grain of salt because I am down on Julio. I wouldn't give Collins and 1.05 for Julio in a regular dynasty. I am assuming that the 8th round pick is more like an 11 round pick with keepers. So that is like late 2nd round value in ter.s of rookie picks? If that is correct it isn't enough to swing the deal for me. I would need something with more value. 

Take this with a grain of salt because I am down on Julio. I wouldn't give Collins and 1.05 for Julio in a regular dynasty. I am assuming that the 8th round pick is more like an 11 round pick with keepers. So that is like late 2nd round value in ter.s of rookie picks? If that is correct it isn't enough to swing the deal for me. I would need something with more value. 
I hear you.  I don't think he'll do it, but I'm thinking about countering replacing my 1.05 with my 1.10 and I'll let him slide back the "give back" pick from the 8th to the 10th because I don't care much at that point in the draft.

So it would be:
I get: Julio & 10.04
He gets: Collins & 1.10

Thoughts on that?

I hear you.  I don't think he'll do it, but I'm thinking about countering replacing my 1.05 with my 1.10 and I'll let him slide back the "give back" pick from the 8th to the 10th because I don't care much at that point in the draft.

So it would be:
I get: Julio & 10.04
He gets: Collins & 1.10

Thoughts on that?
I would try that. 

While I can see the argument for doing it-especially with the 1.10 instead of the 1.05 I'd still stick with what you have. I would keep Watson, Fournette and Collins, pick up a rookie RB with the 1.05 and a WR with the 1.10. I don't trust Cooper enough to keep him over the other guys plus you can pick him back up with your 2nd round pick if you want. I am down on Julio, his TD's just aren't there plus he is getting up there in years as is his QB and they did draft an heir apparent. I love Watson as a keeper since even if he regresses by 25% he will still be one of the top QB's in the league and if he regresses less than that you have the league winner.

Avery said:
Werps.  Yeah 14 team. :bag:

Winston is just not a keeper based on where you can grab them in this league.

Edit to add: If he doesn't trade Julio to me, he could trade him, or one of those top four players, to somebody else.  
If it is Winston I would agree that he isn't a keeper............but if it is Watson I would keep him. 

If it is Winston I would agree that he isn't a keeper............but if it is Watson I would keep him. 
Werps.  It's Watson who (obviously) I like more but even with 6 pts for all TD, but the differential for what a QB like Watson will give, vs what a QB you can draft can give, just generally doesn't make them worth keeping.

It's tempting to get Julio, but I would stay put unless you can counter with Collins and the 1.10.

Just keep Watson, Fournette and Collins and draft the best WRs at 1.5 and 1.10.  Good chance that you can get Cooper back if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread