What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade for player by giving a draft position (1 Viewer)

Chump55

Footballguy
12 team full ppr keeper league.  Keep any 7 offensive players and one IDP.  A manager has offered any player on his roster for a next year draft pick.  Based on strength of schedule I am interested in DJ Moore but don't know how to relate him to next year's draft pick.  Or Mike Evans who has a higher ranking going forward but strength of schedule is not so hot.  And same problem relating Evans to draft pick for next year (probably give up my 1st pick?).  My league offensive positions are QB, RB, WR, TE, WR/RB, WR/RB, WR/TE.

My Roster: M.Ryan, J.White, O.Beckham, 

J.Doyle, T.Coleman, J.Richard, R.Woods.

So... Moore or Evans and for what pick?

Thanks immensly for any help!

Evans is far superior to DJ Moore and the draft pick compensation should be reflected in that.  I would guess that you would have to give up a high pick (not sure how your keepers affect your draft - do you lose a certain round depending on the player you keep?) to get Evans and a fairly meaningless pick to get Moore. 

There is also some contribution to the value if you can keep these players and for how long.  In order to properly give a value we need a little more information.  Even the other owners comment of offering "any player on his roster for a next year draft pick" really is too open ended. 

Evans is far superior to DJ Moore and the draft pick compensation should be reflected in that.  I would guess that you would have to give up a high pick (not sure how your keepers affect your draft - do you lose a certain round depending on the player you keep?) to get Evans and a fairly meaningless pick to get Moore. 

There is also some contribution to the value if you can keep these players and for how long.  In order to properly give a value we need a little more information.  Even the other owners comment of offering "any player on his roster for a next year draft pick" really is too open ended. 
Thanks for your response.  I think the offer is just a fishing expedition.  We keep the 7 players of our choice regardless of draft round + 1 IDP required.  To be me that makes our first pick a ninth round pick.  So I offered him my TE, Doyle, and my first pick (9th round?) for Kelce, just to see what his response would be.  He rejected, surprise surprise, and offered Evans and his 8th pick (really pick 16) for Beckham and my first pick (pick 9?).  I'm not doing that but, still wonder how the draft picks figure in.

Thanks for your response.  I think the offer is just a fishing expedition.  We keep the 7 players of our choice regardless of draft round + 1 IDP required.  To be me that makes our first pick a ninth round pick.  So I offered him my TE, Doyle, and my first pick (9th round?) for Kelce, just to see what his response would be.  He rejected, surprise surprise, and offered Evans and his 8th pick (really pick 16) for Beckham and my first pick (pick 9?).  I'm not doing that but, still wonder how the draft picks figure in.
So you would give up OBJ and a 1st round pick (after freezes) for Evans and his 8th round pick (after freezes).  In what world would that ever make sense?  I don't think I would do it if the picks were swapped.  I am confused..hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread