What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Freeman or Gronk? Or Neither? (1 Viewer)

whodat2682

Footballguy
12 Team Keeper League, can keep 4 players indefinitely at no cost in subsequent year's draft. We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, D/ST. Standard Scoring - non-PPR

I had Garappolo and Alex Smith as my 2 QB's - we all know how this has turned out. I'm starting Tannehill this week off of waivers.

A guy in my league has approached me this morning offering 2 trades:

1) I receive Goff and Lamar Miller; he gets Devonta Freeman OR

2) I receive Goff and Kittle; he gets Gronk

I realize he's trying to capitalize on Goff's huge stats last night, but I do need QB help. Freeman and Gronk were 2 of my 4 keepers and Goff, Miller, and Kittle will likely not be keepers next season. I am concerned about Gronk retiring after the season - in which case I will get nothing in return for him and still be down a keeper for next year. I am also concerned about Freeman next year because Coleman has looked like a more than adequate replacement, Freeman is often injured, and he has a large contract that the Falcons might want to walk away from in the off-season.

Should I make any of these deals?  

I would accept the Freeman deal easily.  I am not sold Freeman will be back to 100% and it will be more of a time share once he comes back.  I don't think Goff was a fluke last night and that is a huge improvement over what you have at QB.  I make that deal. 

Users who are viewing this thread