What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Help! WHIR (1 Viewer)

Mkha2240

Footballguy
10 Team - 1 Pt PPR  - 1 QB | 2 RB | 3 WR | 1 TE  | 1 Flex (W/R/T) | 1 Def | 1 K
My Team: 4-6 ; Sixth Place
QB Newton | RB Gurley, Thompson, Davis | WR Cooks, Boyd, MVS, D Thomas, Shepard, Harris, A Miller|
TE Ebron, Njoku | Def Redskins, Vikings | K Parkey

Other Team: 8-2 ; First Place
QB Trubisky, Cousins | RB McCaffrey, Barkley, Chubb, K Johnson | WR Evans, Woods, Jeffrey, Hilton, A Cooper, J Brown, A Robinson
TE Kelce | Def Chicago | K Prater

He's offering me McCaffrey, KJ, Robinson for Gurley.

I've been plagued with injuries as well. Ajayi, Freeman, and Fuller all went out and Thompson has this on-going health issues.
It's a six team play-offs. Two of the top teams managed to get loaded with players (not quite sure how since I'm handling five leagues - big mistake on my end since I've became busy). However, I'm thin on running backs and he did say I can counter-offer him with anything that's reasonable. What do you think?

Another team is 7-3 in second place who has always had an interest in Gurley
Team 2
QB Rivers, Wentz | RB Conner, Mixon, Gordon, Collins | WR Hill, OBJ, M Thomas, Sutton, Coutee
TE Cook | Def Carolina, Denver | K Lutz

Once again, not entirely sure how he got so stacked. Any advice would be great. Leave a link and I'll help your team too.

Last edited by a moderator:
In order to make the trade this guy has to pay a lot.  I would be tempted to ask for CMC and Barkley.  If the other guy really looks at his lineup this would be an upgrade for him.  He can only play 2 (or 3 RB's) so he would have Gurley & Chubb as starters with Kerryon as a flex option depending on WR situations.  That is better than the CMC/Barkley combo he is probably starting now.

I doubt he makes the trade but he probably should because it improves his team.  In order for me to move Gurley I would need to get two impact players (at least) and CMC, Kerryon, A-Rob doesn't do that. 

In order to make the trade this guy has to pay a lot.  I would be tempted to ask for CMC and Barkley.  If the other guy really looks at his lineup this would be an upgrade for him.  He can only play 2 (or 3 RB's) so he would have Gurley & Chubb as starters with Kerryon as a flex option depending on WR situations.  That is better than the CMC/Barkley combo he is probably starting now.

I doubt he makes the trade but he probably should because it improves his team.  In order for me to move Gurley I would need to get two impact players (at least) and CMC, Kerryon, A-Rob doesn't do that. 
Oh seriously? I have a big feeling he'd say no, especially when McCaffrey dropped 32 & 36 in my league last two games and averages around the 20s; and Barkley averages mid 20s. Gurley has put up 30's with the exception of the last two games. Not so sure if he would do such a trade. However, I did recently offer Sterling for Lindsey to another team. So hopefully if I get that going, I can swap two of the players for his better WRs. Would that be comparable or still a no?

Oh seriously? I have a big feeling he'd say no, especially when McCaffrey dropped 32 & 36 in my league last two games and averages around the 20s; and Barkley averages mid 20s. Gurley has put up 30's with the exception of the last two games. Not so sure if he would do such a trade. However, I did recently offer Sterling for Lindsey to another team. So hopefully if I get that going, I can swap two of the players for his better WRs. Would that be comparable or still a no?
I think he says no as well but if you really look at his team I think it is an improvement to the overall starting lineup.  He loses depth but his starters are stronger. 

I am not sure what you mean about swaping two of the players for his better WRs.  Are you talking about his Gurley offer and upgrading the WR he is offering?

I think he says no as well but if you really look at his team I think it is an improvement to the overall starting lineup.  He loses depth but his starters are stronger. 

I am not sure what you mean about swaping two of the players for his better WRs.  Are you talking about his Gurley offer and upgrading the WR he is offering?
Sorry, that's what I meant. Upgrading Robinson to a better WR he has.

I'd take Team 1's offer to Team 2 and get Conner or M. Gordon + OBJ or MikeT or Hill.  Let them actively bid against each other and create a seller friendly market.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Upgrading Robinson to a better WR he has.
For comparison I just got an offer from the Gurley owner in a 2RB/2WR/TE/Flex PPR league of:

Gurley, Ekeler, Malcolm Brown

for

Hunt, Cooks, Drake, Ebron, Ware

my starting lineup is Brees, Aaron Jones, Hunt, OBJ, Hopkins, Ebron, Cooks

I lose quite a bit of depth and really take a hit on my flex (Cooks down to Ekeler).  Based on averages I actually go down in starter points in this deal and lose depth so I am going to decline. 

For comparison I just got an offer from the Gurley owner in a 2RB/2WR/TE/Flex PPR league of:

Gurley, Ekeler, Malcolm Brown

for

Hunt, Cooks, Drake, Ebron, Ware

my starting lineup is Brees, Aaron Jones, Hunt, OBJ, Hopkins, Ebron, Cooks

I lose quite a bit of depth and really take a hit on my flex (Cooks down to Ekeler).  Based on averages I actually go down in starter points in this deal and lose depth so I am going to decline. 
Got offered from the second team OBJ and Mixon for Gurley + 1 (he's been looking for a TE so I can drop in Njoku but is that trade deemed worthy?)

Or

Obj, Mixon, Collins for Gurley, Boyd

Last edited by a moderator:
Got offered from the second team OBJ and Mixon for Gurley + 1 (he's been looking for a TE so I can drop in Njoku but is that trade deemed worthy?)

Or

Obj, Mixon, Collins for Gurley, Boyd
I would counter the second offer by taking out Boyd. 

Gally said:
I would counter the second offer by taking out Boyd. 
Thanks for your help. The second offer didn't budge and wanted Boyd so I declined him overall. I ended up doing Gurley + Njoku for McCaffrey, KJ, Robinson and Hilton. Needed some sort of help at the RB position and this was the only one - attempting to pull Lindsey from someone as well so that'll bolster up the position more + I got some decent WRs.

Users who are viewing this thread