What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade help (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
My team went total rebuild last year and I had 8 of the 12 first round picks last year. I also had a bunch of 2nds and 3rds. I couldn't package any picks during the draft (which I thought was odd) but now I have a couple teams nibbling around.

Here is an offer I got and I have an idea of what I will do, but want to see how many agree or disagree with me.

Start 1qb, 2rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex. Standard PPR scoing all touchdowns are 6 points.

I give Ben, Ronald Jones, D.J. Moore, and Rickey Seals-Jones

I get Carson Wentz and Zach Ertz

Here is the rest of my team

Mayfield, Baker CLE QB

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT

Barkley, Saquon NYG RB

Carson, Chris SEA RB

Dixon, Kenneth BAL RB

Johnson, Kerryon DET RB

Jones, Ronald TBB RB

Penny, Rashaad SEA RB

Allison, Geronimo GBP WR

Anderson, Robby

Cobb, Randall GBP WR 

Crowder, Jamison WAS

Doctson, Josh WAS

Gallup, Michael DAL

Golladay, Kenny DET

Kirk, Christian ARI WR

Lockett, Tyler SEA WR

Moore, D.J. CAR WR

Shepard, Sterling NYG WR

Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR

Snead, Willie BAL WR

Hooper, Austin ATL TE

Kittle, George SFO TE

Seals-Jones, Ricky ARI TE

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def

Cain, Deon IND WR

Sutton, Courtland DEN WR

Washington, James PIT WR

Everett, Gerald LAR TE

Obviously I want to upgrade to a young stud qb with touchdowns being 6 points. I would really like to upgrade my receivers too.

It's ok but I wouldn't be in a rush to do it.  I don't think Wentz is necessarily the QB I would want to hitch my wagon to.  He is solid but I think he is similar to many other QB's.  It is a nice TE upgrade as well. 

Since you don't know what will happen with the rookies there is a chance that Kerryon and Penny flame out and Jones hits and they you get hurt bad.  I would probably hold tight but I wouldn't have an issue accepting.

You have lots of young WRs. Big ben is a decent option for this season, and mayfield a decent long term prospect. You have a handful of young TEs who have shown promise, so I don't see a big need to go and grab Ertz. With all the young talent you might wait a season. Some of the young guns will perform well and give you a more valuable trade piece. 

I am with Gally, I would probably stay put, but also see no problem with making the trade. 

I disagree with the others a little, I'd take it asap. You would be getting rid of an aging QB for a young one and a top TE by giving up one that will be suspended if not released for being a knucklehead. Jones and Moore are good prospects but I think that the upgrade at TE and the younger QB tilts it in that direction.

I  probably would accept that deal....but I can definitely see Gally's point of view.  Depends if you think Wentz is a top tier dynasty QB.....because he will need to be to give up on two nice prospects in R Jones and D Moore.

Thanks everyone, he actually pulled the offer before I could respond, but this is the 3rd or 4th time we have had talks. I am sure it won't be the last.

Users who are viewing this thread