What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade targets for the playoffs (1 Viewer)

wgoldsph

Footballguy
For those of you who are dominating their league, or are looking for an extra boost to get you over the hump in the last handful of weeks, what players are you targeting as you look towards bolstering your roster for a championship run?

Kelce could be a good one. Though, I offered a first for him to a guy rebuilding and didn't even get a comment. He's 32, for a rebuilding team they should really be looking to move him unless they're close.

Keenan Allen is always pretty underrated so may be cheap.

Hunter Renfro is someone I have been targeting in dynasty. I was able to get him in 2 leagues right after Ruggs horrible incident. Has had 2 nice weeks in PPR so his price will probably be up now. 

I'm looking for a defense either on the wire or trade but...I just don't know who's worth targeting.

Seattle has an amazing schedule and they have improved but they are still terrible at getting to the QB or creating turnovers.

The Pats, Bills & Titans may be available via trade. Possibly the Rams after tonight.

Anyone have thoughts on a defense worth targeting?

Just traded for Miles Sanders. High risk high reward though. The risk of injury is always present with Sanders. However, the Eagles have finally dedicated themselves to the run and have gone 2-1 since doing so. Nearly winning all 3. They have averaged 35 carries a game the last 3 games from the RB spot. Enter Miles Sanders fresh off IR, healthy and ready to go. Howard and Scott have been mashing defenses behind that line and Sanders is way more talented.

This could be the league winner everyone is looking for and he can be had for cheap. 

I'm looking for a defense either on the wire or trade but...I just don't know who's worth targeting.

Seattle has an amazing schedule and they have improved but they are still terrible at getting to the QB or creating turnovers.

The Pats, Bills & Titans may be available via trade. Possibly the Rams after tonight.

I have secure Pats and Titans for the rest of the way. The trick will be deciding which to play each week. 

Any LAC you can get your hands on. Good buy low point now.

Weeks 15-17: KC, @HOU, DEN (who will probably be in give up mode here).

Cinci schedule looks sweet too. Buying during the bye week in hindsight probably will look genius. Chase, Higgins, Mixon.

Just traded for Miles Sanders. High risk high reward though. The risk of injury is always present with Sanders. However, the Eagles have finally dedicated themselves to the run and have gone 2-1 since doing so. Nearly winning all 3. They have averaged 35 carries a game the last 3 games from the RB spot. Enter Miles Sanders fresh off IR, healthy and ready to go. Howard and Scott have been mashing defenses behind that line and Sanders is way more talented.

This could be the league winner everyone is looking for and he can be had for cheap. 
Week 14 bye FYI 

Im holding the Bucs for the playoffs. NO, CAR, NYJ on the schedule

David Montgomery - faces MIN, SEA, NYG (all bottom 12 defenses vs RBs) in weeks 14-16. Workhorse and looked like one of the best RBs in football before getting hurt. And still undervalued perception wise so easy to get.

Elijah Mitchell - ATL (week 15) and HOU (week 17). Extremely undervalued due to perceived Shenanigans but he's the guy in SF.

CeeDee Lamb - 2 upcoming games vs WAS. Comparatively undervalued due to his clunker last week.

im inhaling all this hopium 

David Montgomery - faces MIN, SEA, NYG (all bottom 12 defenses vs RBs) in weeks 14-16. Workhorse and looked like one of the best RBs in football before getting hurt. And still undervalued perception wise so easy to get.

Elijah Mitchell - ATL (week 15) and HOU (week 17). Extremely undervalued due to perceived Shenanigans but he's the guy in SF.

CeeDee Lamb - 2 upcoming games vs WAS. Comparatively undervalued due to his clunker last week.
I had the Lamb owner at least entertaining a conversation about him after that game, then he goes and scores two TDs Sunday and now all I'm getting is "talk to me when his rookie contract is up"... 

defense is tricky because leagues score them differently, but i think the Eagles line up well own the stretch

I support Montgomery as well.  He's not highly valued right now either so maybe you could steal him...

defense is tricky because leagues score them differently, but i think the Eagles line up well own the stretch
Yeah, on the surface I agree but it is so much more complicated when they have so many division games RoS. Weeks 12-17 they have four games vs the Giants & WFT. Good matchups on paper but that division is just weird.

They have also failed to get after the QB consistently or register many TOs. They have 12 sacks in nine games against teams not named Detroit and they have 9 turnovers which ranks 25th in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming Week 15/16/17 are playoffs and PPR:

When factoring schedules, I think these are the guys you want to target for RB.

1. Taylor (NE/ARI/LV) That LV matchup is sweet for week 17. You'll never be able to get him, but if you have him I am not afraid of this playoff schedule at all.
  2. Swift (ARI/ATL/SEA) are you kidding me? This is such a cake playoff schedule. I think I just really bumped Swift's valuation in my books. Top 5 without schedule but now he is really one of the best.
  3. Montgomery/Herbert (MIN/SEA/NYG) Seattle and Giants rushing matchup is really good. I think this is potentially the backfield on championship rosters.
  4. Javonte Williams or Gordon (CIN/LV/LAC) Best playoff schedule. If one of these guys gets all the carries. They are instant top 4 playoff starter.
  5. James Robinson (HOU/NYJ/NE) - Jets are such a bad run D that having any Jets game in playoffs is a huge boost.
  6. Patterson (SF/DET/BUF) - He'll feast in Detroit and at least he's not a traditional RB so I think he will still put up decent points in week 17.
  7. Elijah Mitchell (ATL/TEN/HOU) - He's a great value for playoffs.
  8. CEH (LAC/PIT/CIN) - Steelers day will suck but Chargers and Bengals are good rushing matchups. Could be reasonable value.

Whelp. Someone dropped the Rams so I dropped the Steelers for them and the Titans owner just accepted my offer of Cam Newton.

Problem solved... I hope.

I would carry two and play the streaming game.  What looks bad now in week 15 can change with an injury, you want that flexibility.

I would carry two and play the streaming game.  What looks bad now in week 15 can change with an injury, you want that flexibility.
Lol! I have started eight different defenses in 10 weeks this season and the wire is thin.

Just acquired Rams & Titans which gives me four games RoS v Jax, Hou & Mia.  Hopefully I don't have to stream any others at this point.

I inquired of the Montgomery owner in my dynasty league and he wants Hollywood Brown and 2 #1 Rookie Picks (both 1.10 to 1.14). Thought that was a little steep but he is out of it this year

I will throw a name out there - Derrick Henry

The team that has him may already be dead meat, so you could probably get him for a cup of coffee.  Sure, he will likely not come back at all this season.  But what if TEN needs a week 17 win and he is ready enough?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported that Henry's recovery timeline will likely be 6-10 weeks. That means that he could return as early as Week 14 but should, hypothetically, be back by the final week of the regular season if all goes well.

Another name - Calvin Ridley

He's another guy that will cost next to nothing.  No one except Calvin knows if/when he will come back, but if you have room to stash him, he WILL produce if he comes back.

Another name - Calvin Ridley

He's another guy that will cost next to nothing.  No one except Calvin knows if/when he will come back, but if you have room to stash him, he WILL produce if he comes back.

Yup. Dropped a couple weeks ago. He's sitting on my bench as my WR4.

Users who are viewing this thread