What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trader Joe's Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Are you talking about the grocery store? I hate that fn store. I go in as little as possible. I go there for their wine selection which is very reasonabely priced and some of their cheeses. That store is packed with pompous yuppies who think their smarter then you because they only drink yaks milk from the west andes. The other customers are 90 years old or above and think they may add another month to their life by eating organic bannanas.Which are you?

I enjoyed the four-cheese Trader Giottos frozen pizza for lunch. Had chicken tacquitos last night.Place is the best.

Trader Joe's is quite different here. They can't sell alcohol and no yuppies. I love that store. :thumbup:

Are you talking about the grocery store? I hate that fn store. I go in as little as possible. I go there for their wine selection which is very reasonabely priced and some of their cheeses. That store is packed with pompous yuppies who think their smarter then you because they only drink yaks milk from the west andes. The other customers are 90 years old or above and think they may add another month to their life by eating organic bannanas.Which are you?
I think you have issues.I like their food.

You would be correct :bag: It really is a horrible store here though and the wait is unbelievaable due to all the old people.

Are you talking about the grocery store? I hate that fn store. I go in as little as possible. I go there for their wine selection which is very reasonabely priced and some of their cheeses. That store is packed with pompous yuppies who think their smarter then you because they only drink yaks milk from the west andes. The other customers are 90  years old or above and think they may add another month to their life by eating organic bannanas.Which are you?
You would be correct :bag: It really is a horrible store here though and the wait is unbelievaable due to all the old people.
Understandable. There are a lot of soccer moms in there who probably do carry a lot of attitude thinking they shop at some trendy place. Was in line behind one of them yesterday.Nonetheless, the store has such a variety of items. I especially like their frozen foods and individually packaged seafood (salmon, crab cakes, etc.). Some things are very cheap, while others are a huge rip. Overall, I think it's a pretty good value with a nice selection of things you won't find anywhere else.

Dinner at Pickles house: A delicious mix of Trader Joe goodies topped with a generous helping of Kelly Clarkson. Tasty! :pics:

OK OK I admit it. I also buy their premade salads for lunch sometimes. Only because I go to the smoke shop for cigars in the same plaza. :P

I enjoyed the four-cheese Trader Giottos frozen pizza for lunch. Had chicken tacquitos last night.Place is the best.
Good call on the pizza. Best frozen pizza around-cheap enough, too.The brown bags of pasta for $1.49 are great. And stuff like sardines, capers, oils and cookies (stroopwaffels!) are good deals, too.

Award-winning merlot: $2 per bottle. I love yinz, Trader Joe's.It's like Whole Foods Market, except the cheese selection isn't as good and the chicks shave their legs.

:pickle: :clap: :headbang: Just made dinner using TJ's Curry Simmer Sauce and some fresh veggies. :thumbup: TJ's rocks and receives about $100 from my wallet every two weeks.

I loved Trader Joe's - great values on booze. Good cheap nuts. And one time I stood in line next to Tony Dow (Beaver's brother Wally).Alas no TJ in Texas

A couple years ago, I traveled to the San Jose area every Monday morning. My first stop after getting in the rental (before visiting the site) was TJs.Not a huge fan of the "2 Buck Chuck" because you never knew if you were getting good wine or not, but sometimes you hit the jackpot. However, a bottle of wine over $10 at TJs was uncommon. Forest Glen makes some great wine (esp. Cabernet-Franc!) for $3.99 a bottle. It's $10 here in Colorado at the liquor stores. The La Boca Chardonnay was great at $2.99 a bottle. My wife looked forward to my trips because I brought back 4-5 bottles of good, cheap wine a week.TJs also introduced me to wasabi peas (used to be available only at TJs, now you can get them at Wal-Mart), roasted soy nuts, and macadamia-cashew butter (for $4 instead of $8 here). Love that store, can't wait until Colorado gets one.Someone earlier mentioned Whole Foods. We have one of those and their prices are way higher than TJs...at least prices on what I shop for.Interesting side note. I recently drove from Colo. to Md. for an extended trip. Stopped at TJs in Columbus, Ohio because they sold alcohol (Md. stores don't). "2 Buck Chuck" ($1.99 in Calif.) goes for $3.99 in Ohio. The wines were not near the good deal the bay area stores I visted had. Yes, I like TJs so much that I made a 20 mile detour on a cross-country trip to go there--I was disappointed with the prices though. Who'd figured you could get better prices in Silicon Valley than in Columbus, Ohio???

I love Trader Joe's! They have really good prices on cheese (especially Jarlsberg) and they are one of the few places around here that carries Orangina, especially the large bottles of Orangina. They also have really good bread. My dog loves their peanut butter dog treats.

TJs also introduced me to wasabi peas (used to be available only at TJs,
Wasabi is chinese or japanese item. You're prolly not looking in the right place, very common.

Award-winning merlot: $2 per bottle. I love yinz, Trader Joe's.It's like Whole Foods Market, except the cheese selection isn't as good and the chicks shave their legs.
Similar look and feel, but that's about it. On the pricing scale, the two stores are polar opposites. There's a reason Whole Foods is nicknamed Whole Paycheck...the place is coin, but in some cases, definitely worth the extra few bucks (meat dept.).

It's a grocery store right? How much love is there really there to give for a grocery store? :confused: J
Go to a Shoppers Food Warehouse or the Safeway on Van Dorn in Alexandria and it will all make sense.

I have an whole grocery store rotation.Whole foods for the biggest ticket items (prime ribs and the like for holidays or parties).Trader Joes for some prepared stuff I like.Wegman's for weekly groceries.Giant (right across the street) for quickie trips, non food items, or chips, sodas, etc. :bag:

I go there for their wine selection which is very reasonabely priced and some of their cheeses. That store is packed with pompous yuppies...
Yeah, I like to shop where the tough, biker type guys dining on "wine and cheese" are shopping.

It's a grocery store right? How much love is there really there to give for a grocery store? :confused: J
You've obviously never experienced Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati, Ohio. :wub:

I go there for their wine selection which is very reasonabely priced and some of their cheeses. That store is packed with pompous yuppies...
Yeah, I like to shop where the tough, biker type guys dining on "wine and cheese" are shopping.
your a biker?

I have an whole grocery store rotation.Whole foods for the biggest ticket items (prime ribs and the like for holidays or parties).Trader Joes for some prepared stuff I like.Wegman's for weekly groceries.Giant (right across the street) for quickie trips, non food items, or chips, sodas, etc. :bag:
Scooby = Typical NoVa yuppie. :D BTW, how come no trip to the Pentagon City Costco for bulk extra virgin olive oil and other assorted goodies by the ton?

Enjoying a TJ's pre-made Greek salad for lunch. **NOTE** Never get the low-carb pasta they sell (as if you needed to know this). Low carb pasta is a great idea on paper, but it doesn't work. You're RISKING EVERYTHING if you buy this. :soap:

Enjoying a TJ's pre-made Greek salad for lunch. **NOTE** Never get the low-carb pasta they sell (as if you needed to know this). Low carb pasta is a great idea on paper, but it doesn't work. You're RISKING EVERYTHING if you buy this. :soap:
Dreamfields brand tastes fine (I don't know if TJs carries it).With that said, it isn't low carb for everyone (some people seem to be able to digest it and others not), and for those who can't digest it (which makes it low carb) it causes some gastric distress.

Dreamfields brand tastes fine (I don't know if TJs carries it).With that said, it isn't low carb for everyone (some people seem to be able to digest it and others not), and for those who can't digest it (which makes it low carb) it causes some gastric distress.
I've tried a few different brands and haven't found anything close to real pasta yet. I'll give your boys a try, TIA for the heads up.

TJ's friggin rocks... went to one out in LA about 8-9 years ago and was thrilled when we finally got one nearby (winthin an hour)... we take a huge cooler and make it part of our trip any time we go near Towson, MD... I love to cook (and eat good food) so I have an easy time getting excited over a GREAT grocery store.

Dreamfield's is very good. The supermarkets around here carry it, and the wholesale clubs do, but Trader Joe's doesn't. Trader Joe's does have a very good low carb ice cream though...only in chocolate mousse.

You've never shopped at Wegman's, have you, Joe? :thumbup: Trader Joe's does not suck. I also like Whole Foods - good beer selection and the have Parrano cheese.GDB bland food.

If there's a knock on TJ's, it's that you can't spend too much money if you're only eating for one. I spent $76 dollars there once and ate everything in two days. It's impossible not to cook massive portions of each treat you buy when they're staring back at you in the freezer. Also, if you buy Mochi, that whole package will be gone by sun-up, gauranteed!

Users who are viewing this thread