What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's positional rankings from week 3 onward (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
QB:
1. Josh Allen (1)
2. Kyler Murray (2)
3. Jalen Hurts (6), Josh Allen similarities are starting to be undeniable. If he's learned to pass even 80% as well as Allen, watch out league.
4. Lamar Jackson (4)
5. Patrick Mahomes (3)
6. Justin Herbert (5)
7. Joe Burrow (8)
8. Russell Wilson (7)
9. Aaron Rodgers (12), I really don't want to have Rodgers this high, but frankly everybody after the top-6 is a little shaky. Rodgers at least has trust and track record on his side.
10. Tua Tagovailoa (NR), perhaps I'm overreacting, but Tua has 2 great weapons who win with both RAC and deep, and Miami seems much more willing than expected to be a pass first offense.
11. Kirk Cousins (14)
12. Matthew Stafford (11)
13. Carson Wentz (15)
14. Marcus Mariota (NR), he's been a solid start each of the first 2 weeks, and offers a high floor due to his rushing. If/when he gets Pitts going, he could arguably be a top-10 guy.
15. Derek Carr (13)

Dropped off: Trey Lance (8), unfortunate injury, not sure 49ers aren't better with Jimmy G, but you still hate to see it. Tom Brady (10) its not just the banged up, or suspended WRs, its the OL, and it also looks like Brady himself is off.

RB:
1. Christian McCaffrey (1)
2. Saquon Barkley (3)
3. Jonathan Taylor (2)
4. Dalvin Cook (6)
5. D'Andre Swift (10)
6. Austin Ekeler (4)
7. Derrick Henry (5)
8. Najee Harris (7)
9. Joe Mixon (9)
10. James Conner (12)
11. Nick Chubb (15)
12. Javonte Williams (11)
13. Leonard Fournette (8)
14. Alvin Kamara (14)
15. Aaron Jones (17)
16. Cordarrelle Patterson (13)
17. Kareem Hunt (20)
18. David Montgomery (18)
19. AJ Dillon (22)
20. Josh Jacobs (28), basically not involved in passing game, but the only guy seeing carries. New boss, same as the old boss.
21. Miles Sanders (27), starting to pull away from Gainwell/Scott. Still has a limited ceiling due to Hurts GL dominance, but 80+ yards a game has value.
22. Michael Carter (29), back-to-back top-21 weeks, despite not scoring a TD. Very safe floor, but a limited ceiling.
23. Raheem Mostert (NR), seemed to take the starting job from Edmonds, though Edmonds maintained the 3rd down job. Mostert has always been good when healthy.
24. James Robinson (30)
25. Clyde Edwards-Helaire (26)
26. Jeff Wilson (NR), saw the majority of the work while the game was in question, and now his backup is injured.
27. Ezekiel Elliott (21)
28. Darrell Henderson (16), fell back into a 50-50 timeshare. Anyone with eyes can see he's the better player though.
29. JK Dobbins (25)
30. Rhamondre Stevenson (NR), possible last man standing. He took most of Montgomery's snaps from the week before.

Dropped off: Rex Burkhead (23), I'm not surprised, just confused. I'm not sure the Texans have any idea of what they are doing or what they want to do on offense, Cooks is probably the only piece worth having. Travis Etienne (24), this one hurts, I had Etienne as a high-end RB2 coming into the year, I very much was counting Robinson out, and thought Etienne had a potential 20 touch weekly role. Instead, he's Tony Pollard in a worse offense.

WR:
1. Cooper Kupp (5)
2. Justin Jefferson (1)
3. Stefon Diggs (3)
4. Davante Adams (4)
5. Ja'Marr Chase (2)
6. CeeDee Lamb (20), I'm planting my flag here. I overreacted after week 1, this is a pass first team regardless of QB, and Lamb is its featured weapon. He's gonna hit 180 targets this year. Dak is likely back for week 5 if Jerry's word, and Dallas actions are believed.
7. Tyreek Hill (6)
8. Amon-Ra St.Brown (17)
9. AJ Brown (7)
10. Mike Evans (8)
11. Michael Pittman (12)
12. Christian Kirk (31), well damn, 2 weeks in and already that contract looks more than reasonable. He's being used very similarly to how the Vikings use Jefferson, and while he's obviously not on that level. He's looking a lot closer than anyone would have thought.
13. Jaylen Waddle (21)
14. Michael Thomas (18)
15. Courtland Sutton (9)
16. Tee Higgins (10)
17. DJ Moore (13)
18. Mike Williams (14)
19. Terry McLaurin (16)
20. Deebo Samuel (11)
21. Keenan Allen (15)
22. Chris Godwin (19)
23. DeAndre Hopkins (37), this might be more of a luxury ranking, as he's still a month from playing, but I want to get ahead of this. Kyler is dropping dimes left and right, and watching them bounce off guys hands, he had probably 120 yards and 2 TDs straight dropped on Sunday. Hopkins is going to instantly assume the #1 job, and when he's back I think he'll probably be in the Brown/Evans range for me.
24. Diontae Johnson (22)
25. Jerry Jeudy (32)
26. DK Metcalf (26)
27. Hollywood Brown (24)
28. Brandin Cooks (23)
29. Drake London (39), most impressive offensive rookie so far in my opinion. He looks great, and has done it against Lattimore and Ramsey at times. Only reason I don't have him higher is I'm still really high on Pitts and there is only so much passing volume to go around.
30. Curtis Samuel (34)
31. Rashod Bateman (35)
32. Gabriel Davis (27)
33. Elijah Moore (29)
34. JuJu Smith-Schuster (28)
35. Garrett Wilson (NR), only issue I could have with his game, is that he feasted on easy coverage while Ward locked down Moore, still Wilson showed enough that he could/should leave Corey Davis in the dust for the #2 job, and there is upside from here, I just don't want to overreact.
36. Allen Robinson (25), caught an TD and almost had a 2nd, but its pretty clear that he's the clear #3 option in the passing game, and is basically TD or bust. He is in an offense, where TDs will happen often at least.
37. Michael Gallup (NR), sounds like he's due back this week, and while Noah Brown has down a nice job holding down the fort, the #2 job is obviously Gallup's.
38. Amari Cooper (38)
39. Tyler Lockett (NR), consistency was an issue in the best of times, but still its a 2-man passing game in Seattle, and he's still dangerous.
40. Jakobi Meyers (40)

Dropped off: Darnell Mooney (30), Bears simply don't want to pass, only 28 pass attempts through 2 games, including more passes in a monsoon than in regular weather. Jahan Dotson (33), this one is tough, because he keeps making plays, but its also become crystal clear that he's the #3 WR. Adam Thielen (36) a long time favorite of mine, but Cousins only has eyes for Jefferson right now.

TE:
1. Travis Kelce (1)
2. Mark Andrews (2)
3. Darren Waller (3)
4. George Kittle (4)
5. Kyle Pitts (5)
6. Dallas Goedert (8)
7. Pat Freiermuth (9)
8. TJ Hockenson (7)
9. Dalton Schultz (6), doesn't sound like his injury is too serious, however his targets could be, as he not only takes a clear backseat to Lamb, but also has been to Noah Brown, now add Gallup to the mix. Maybe he's just a Dak guy?
10. Tyler Higbee(NR), Stafford clearly prefers him to Robinson, Higbee quietly leads all TEs in targets through 2 games. He might be the player people thought they were getting in Schultz.
11. Zach Ertz (10)
12. Gerald Everett (15), biggest beneficiary from Allen's absence, but I think there is staying power even after Allen's return.
13. Dawson Knox (12)
14. Evan Engram (NR), 4th among TEs in catches, just needs to get a little more out of them, only 6.73 YPC.
15. Albert Okwuegbunam (NR), complete dart throw, but somebody needs to step up in Denver, and Albert O looked solid in week 1. TE is a wasteland at a certain point.

Dropped off: Tyler Conklin (11), 2nd most targeted Jet, but its at 5.6 YPC. David Njoku (13), fewer targets, catches and yards than Harrison Bryant. Why did they pay him so much if he's not going to be featured? Cole Kmet (14) 2 games, 2 targets, 0 catches, 0 yards. OOF!

Would think Jimmy G would be top 15 with those weapons, or do you think that defense will keep him handing it off?

Love it. The only nitpick, and it’s a minor one, is that anyone going with Lamb over Tyreek for the rest of the season isn’t looking to win their league. Just not sure what rationale there would be to make that call.
As a Lamb and not-Tyreek owner, would love to disagree, but no, you're right. Could totally see Lamb outscoring Tyreek, but does not seem likely at all. Only rationale I can think of is, Lamb may still have a better chance to be Dallas' WR1-period, where Hill could be "fighting" with Waddle, from our fantasy perspective anyway, to be the guy each week. But Lamb has to produce on his targets.

Love it. The only nitpick, and it’s a minor one, is that anyone going with Lamb over Tyreek for the rest of the season isn’t looking to win their league. Just not sure what rationale there would be to make that call.
I like Miami, I think they are a playoff team, and as such, I don't think they are going to be quite as balls to the wall big plays as they were last week most of the time. I'm also minorly worried there is only going to enough room for Hill or Waddle some weeks, and that they made trade off a bit. I also have some minor concern that teams will start playing Miami somewhat like they played KC last year, and make Tua dink and dunk, which I think he'd be happy to oblige. Not many teams are as aggressive as the Ravens on defense.

Lamb has just missed 2 50+ yard TDs the 1st 2 weeks. I think we are seeing his floor. I just think he'll be more consistent than Hill, and the Dallas schedule is beautiful.

Would think Jimmy G would be top 15 with those weapons, or do you think that defense will keep him handing it off?
I mean, he had incredible efficiency last season, with these same weapons and a better OL, and still was QB17. I'd be somewhat surprised if he was better this season, unless the defense falls off a lot.

Goff currently #9 in scoring in my league.
He just missed the cut, mostly due to a lack of rushing, and his track record. I'm perfectly fine with being high on Goff's weapons, but I struggle to rally behind the guy himself.

Cook moving UP two spots is bizarre. I'd certainly take Swift and Ekeler ahead of him.
Swift and Ekeler both get pulled at the GL. If Swift were getting those carries, I'd have no problem with him ahead of Cook. Ekeler is trickier, but it sure feels like they are being very careful about his workload.

I think Cook is a phenomenal buy-low right now. That feels like it might be a 2-man offense with Cook and Jefferson.

Cook moving UP two spots is bizarre. I'd certainly take Swift and Ekeler ahead of him.
cousins moved up 3 spots?
gibson outside the top 30 rb?
Not super worried about Cousins. He's always a dud on primetime games for whatever reason.

I think Gibson is going to be a 3-man RBBC in a couple weeks, and not necessarily at the top of it. If I was ranking for just this week, he'd probably be in the 20-25 range.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder but betting K Murray drops like a rock on this list - that offense blows
Considering he's missing his #1 and #3 WR its been running just fine. Any offense would underachieve under those circumstances, look no further than Tampa.

When Hopkins and Moore are back, I think Murray makes a serious run at Josh Allen, especially with where the Cards D is at, versus Buffalo's.

Curious about Kyler at #2. I assume you are looking at his late game performance as maybe him "waking up" a bit.......along with getting Nuk back week 6.

I have Kyler in two leagues and I dont have the same optimism. Although, the two things I mentioned above give me hope.

Edit: I just saw the post above after I posted.

Skimmed it late tonight, typically don't like to come behind you and re-ranking, I have my own thread if I want to pontificate.
I like to read these and they are very helpful in trying to construct trades in my Redrafts.

Great thread, love that someone does this in here and I think most folks want to help you and expand on this track you have laid out with feedback
Tua-Top10? You'll be sliding him down a few pegs this week ;)
Please keep updating this weekly, I think most folks love it.

Oh and 1 last thing...MoP will take Jackson/Mahomes any day over Hurts. I'm not Anti-Hurts, I've got Philly #2 now in the NFC after Tampa Bay, that could be a potential NFCC, last time that happened...this happened

That ones for @Capella since he's been quietly doubting my Bucs loyalty(I did say quietly) and who could blame him with of all my Tom Brady jabs and swipes of late.

Overall it’s a good list but wow Leonard Fournette is disrespected virtually everywhere. If he’s healthy he is 100% a top 10 RB. I think closer to top 5 overall. He’s a great goal line target, gets plenty of opportunities and is active in the passing game. I can’t see how J Will, Conner, Chubb or Najee are ahead of him.

I would move Conner down to around 16. I’d move Henry and Najee down around there too.

I’d move Maclaurin down to around 25. I’d have Dotson in the 39 ish range but I think he will be earning more targets because he’s a future superstar.

Thanks for doing this.

QB:
1. Josh Allen (1)
2. Kyler Murray (2)
3. Jalen Hurts (6), Josh Allen similarities are starting to be undeniable. If he's learned to pass even 80% as well as Allen, watch out league.
4. Lamar Jackson (4)
5. Patrick Mahomes (3)
6. Justin Herbert (5)
7. Joe Burrow (8)
8. Russell Wilson (7)
9. Aaron Rodgers (12), I really don't want to have Rodgers this high, but frankly everybody after the top-6 is a little shaky. Rodgers at least has trust and track record on his side.
10. Tua Tagovailoa (NR), perhaps I'm overreacting, but Tua has 2 great weapons who win with both RAC and deep, and Miami seems much more willing than expected to be a pass first offense.
11. Kirk Cousins (14)
13. Carson Wentz (15)
14. Marcus Mariota (NR), he's been a solid start each of the first 2 weeks, and offers a high floor due to his rushing. If/when he gets Pitts going, he could arguably be a top-10 guy.
15. Derek Carr (13)

Dropped off: Trey Lance (8), unfortunate injury, not sure 49ers aren't better with Jimmy G, but you still hate to see it. Tom Brady (10) its not just the banged up, or suspended WRs, its the OL, and it also looks like Brady himself is off.
For me it's

1.Allen
2-5 Hurts/Lamar/Mahomes (Herbert if the ribs situation doesn't affect him too much)
6. Kyler. Don't trust Kliff and Kyler's broken down each of the past 2 years. Maybe this year he doesn't. Certainly the ceiling is the roof but the floor is the lowest of the tier.

Huge gap
7. Burrow- Have to believe that O Line is going to figure it out.
8. Stafford- Elbow looks fine, they'll figure it out. Trust in the remaining weapons and coaching staff. They're still going to throw a lot of TDs.
9. Tua- they won't all be cupcakes but the coaching and weapons.

10/11 Carr/Cousins. Really just holding on my priors about these offenses and the surrounding talent.

12-16. Wentz/Rodgers/Russ/Mariota/Goff. Any of these guys can put up a top 6 week at any time for different reasons. Rodgers hanging by a thread in this ranking based on belief that the weapons will come along. Russ borderline too.

17. Brady- can't trust him until we see it again. Looks surly out there. What would he have to do to get Gronk to play again?

18. Dak- keeping a candle lit for you Dak. Tough to play injured though.

Great stuff as usual.

You have such a Kyler Murray man crush. I would take Herbert, Mahomes, Jackson and Hurts over Murray....so Murray would be #6 for me. And while Brady is off to a slow start, he should be a top 10 QB once his WRs and OL get healthy. Also TB played at DAL and at NO, and has GB this week, a pretty good defense. That's a tough start to the season. Buy low.

At RB, I think N Harris is too high. PIT's offense is a trainwreck. Fournette needs to be higher.

At WR, list is pretty good, but I am not ready to put Lamb that high. And McLaurin is way too high. Lots of competition for targets, with Terry fighting with Dotson with higher ADOT targets. C Samuel is Deebo lite and isn't going away.

I think I agree with your top 10 TE list. We're waiting for Pitts to go off.....................

WR:
1. Cooper Kupp (5)
2. Justin Jefferson (1)
3. Stefon Diggs (3)
4. Davante Adams (4)
5. Ja'Marr Chase (2)
6. CeeDee Lamb (20), I'm planting my flag here. I overreacted after week 1, this is a pass first team regardless of QB, and Lamb is its featured weapon. He's gonna hit 180 targets this year. Dak is likely back for week 5 if Jerry's word, and Dallas actions are believed.
7. Tyreek Hill (6)
8. Amon-Ra St.Brown (17)
9. AJ Brown (7)
10. Mike Evans (8)
11. Michael Pittman (12)
12. Christian Kirk (31), well damn, 2 weeks in and already that contract looks more than reasonable. He's being used very similarly to how the Vikings use Jefferson, and while he's obviously not on that level. He's looking a lot closer than anyone would have thought.
13. Jaylen Waddle (21)
14. Michael Thomas (18)
15. Courtland Sutton (9)
16. Tee Higgins (10)
17. DJ Moore (13)
18. Mike Williams (14)
19. Terry McLaurin (16)
20. Deebo Samuel (11)
21. Keenan Allen (15)
22. Chris Godwin (19)
23. DeAndre Hopkins (37), this might be more of a luxury ranking, as he's still a month from playing, but I want to get ahead of this. Kyler is dropping dimes left and right, and watching them bounce off guys hands, he had probably 120 yards and 2 TDs straight dropped on Sunday. Hopkins is going to instantly assume the #1 job, and when he's back I think he'll probably be in the Brown/Evans range for me.
24. Diontae Johnson (22)
25. Jerry Jeudy (32)
26. DK Metcalf (26)
27. Hollywood Brown (24)
28. Brandin Cooks (23)
29. Drake London (39), most impressive offensive rookie so far in my opinion. He looks great, and has done it against Lattimore and Ramsey at times. Only reason I don't have him higher is I'm still really high on Pitts and there is only so much passing volume to go around.
30. Curtis Samuel (34)
31. Rashod Bateman (35)
32. Gabriel Davis (27)
33. Elijah Moore (29)
35. Garrett Wilson (NR), only issue I could have with his game, is that he feasted on easy coverage while Ward locked down Moore, still Wilson showed enough that he could/should leave Corey Davis in the dust for the #2 job, and there is upside from here, I just don't want to overreact.
36. Allen Robinson (25), caught an TD and almost had a 2nd, but its pretty clear that he's the clear #3 option in the passing game, and is basically TD or bust. He is in an offense, where TDs will happen often at least.
37. Michael Gallup (NR), sounds like he's due back this week, and while Noah Brown has down a nice job holding down the fort, the #2 job is obviously Gallup's.
38. Amari Cooper (38)
39. Tyler Lockett (NR), consistency was an issue in the best of times, but still its a 2-man passing game in Seattle, and he's still dangerous.
40. Jakobi Meyers (40)

Dropped off: Darnell Mooney (30), Bears simply don't want to pass, only 28 pass attempts through 2 games, including more passes in a monsoon than in regular weather. Jahan Dotson (33), this one is tough, because he keeps making plays, but its also become crystal clear that he's the #3 WR. Adam Thielen (36) a long time favorite of mine, but Cousins only has eyes for Jefferson right now.
Seems like M Gallup would be an obvious pick up, but he sits on the FA waiver wire in both my leagues. Considering adding before he busts out as a decent low end WR #3 when needed. DAL in limbo and Dak being "lead" to return sooner rather than later cuz the boss says so. Ridiculous! America's Team is a thing of the past.

8. Russell Wilson (7)
2 total TDs and 5 rush yds in 2 games. Russ looks cooked.

Glad to see ARSB move up — easy to root for him and hope he keeps getting targets.

Appreciate these posts.
I might be being a little too patient with Wilson. I will occasionally be guilty of that. He hasn't had the immediate success on his new team that Brady or Stafford had, that's for sure, but he's also been involved in 2 slower, low scoring games. I'm curious if the points start racking up when Denver is challenged. Yes, they lost the Seattle game, but they were sleep walking through that one. Its possible that's who this Broncos team is, but I guess I'm deferring to Wilson's track record, and giving him a pass.

St. Brown is amazing. I know people like to make the Kupp comparison, because Goff is his QB, and where he was going in fantasy drafts, but I think he's closer to 2019 Chris Godwin as a player. Hopefully, he stays healthier than Godwin has. He keeps this pace up, and its going to be really hard to keep him out of the top-5.

WR:
1. Cooper Kupp (5)
2. Justin Jefferson (1)
3. Stefon Diggs (3)
4. Davante Adams (4)
5. Ja'Marr Chase (2)
7. Tyreek Hill (6)
8. Amon-Ra St.Brown (17)
9. AJ Brown (7)
10. Mike Evans (8)
11. Michael Pittman (12)
13. Jaylen Waddle (21)
14. Michael Thomas (18)
15. Courtland Sutton (9)
16. Tee Higgins (10)
17. DJ Moore (13)
18. Mike Williams (14)
19. Terry McLaurin (16)
20. Deebo Samuel (11)
21. Keenan Allen (15)
22. Chris Godwin (19)
24. Diontae Johnson (22)
25. Jerry Jeudy (32)
26. DK Metcalf (26)
27. Hollywood Brown (24)
28. Brandin Cooks (23)
30. Curtis Samuel (34)
31. Rashod Bateman (35)
32. Gabriel Davis (27)
33. Elijah Moore (29)
38. Amari Cooper (38)
40. Jakobi Meyers (40)

Poor Cooks

Swift runs for a 144 Week 1 and gets moved down

7 touches Week 2 and moves up

But seriously appreciate you doing these @travdogg always a good discussion
It feels weird to say considering how much he's moved around in my ranks, but my opinion of Swift is the same as it was in the preseason, I've just lost some confidence in Ekeler/Henry, and am thinking higher of the Lions as an offense, with how well the OL, and St. Brown are playing.

Skimmed it late tonight, typically don't like to come behind you and re-ranking, I have my own thread if I want to pontificate.
I like to read these and they are very helpful in trying to construct trades in my Redrafts.

Great thread, love that someone does this in here and I think most folks want to help you and expand on this track you have laid out with feedback
Tua-Top10? You'll be sliding him down a few pegs this week ;)
Please keep updating this weekly, I think most folks love it.

Oh and 1 last thing...MoP will take Jackson/Mahomes any day over Hurts. I'm not Anti-Hurts, I've got Philly #2 now in the NFC after Tampa Bay, that could be a potential NFCC,
Thanks, I plan to keep doing these weekly.

I'm pretty nervous about Tua that high, but the state of the QB position is basically a crapshoot after Herbert. QB is almost like TE a little so far, you either have an elite guy, or you are streaming. There aren't really any solid starters. Which is probably why I'm being so patient with guys like Wilson and Cousins.

I can understand Jackson/Mahomes over Hurts, they are all pretty close in my opinion. I just lean a bit more toward Hurts usage at the GL, giving him a higher ceiling than the other 2.

Overall it’s a good list but wow Leonard Fournette is disrespected virtually everywhere. If he’s healthy he is 100% a top 10 RB. I think closer to top 5 overall. He’s a great goal line target, gets plenty of opportunities and is active in the passing game. I can’t see how J Will, Conner, Chubb or Najee are ahead of him.
I think the Bucs offense is in shambles a bit right now. While Fournette is a 3-down RB, his situation isn't really different than Najee's, though I think Najee is probably a bigger talent. Fourennte has a bad OL, and while he's a getting carries, he isn't getting much in the way of GL work or receiving work. He's needed too much as a pass blocker. He has less receiving production than Damien Harris right now, through 2 games the Bucs only have 2 offensive TDs.

If everything comes together, and everyone gets healthy. I think Fournette might very well have top-5 upside, but that requires about 3-4 things fall into place, that currently aren't in my opinion.

Conner is in a similar role, but in a better offense. Williams and Chubb are just much better players, and even though they lose carries to other guys, they still are productive.

I would move Conner down to around 16. I’d move Henry and Najee down around there too.

I’d move Maclaurin down to around 25. I’d have Dotson in the 39 ish range but I think he will be earning more targets because he’s a future superstar.

Thanks for doing this.
I think Conner is too much of a TD threat to move lower, assuming this ankle injury isn't serious, which I've heard nothing to suggest it is. Henry is probably more gamescript dependent than ever, but I think his owners will be very happy they have him when the Titans start playing division games.

Dotson was literally WR41. I like him a ton in dynasty, but he's the #3 right now. McLaurin feels like a guy who is going to pop for a big game any week now, with how pass happy that offense is. I think he's a bit of a buy-low if people are thinking he's not Washington's clear #1 anymore.

QB:
1. Josh Allen (1)
2. Kyler Murray (2)
4. Lamar Jackson (4)
5. Patrick Mahomes (3)
6. Justin Herbert (5)
7. Joe Burrow (8)
8. Russell Wilson (7)
11. Kirk Cousins (14)
13. Carson Wentz (15)
15. Derek Carr (13)

18. Dak- keeping a candle lit for you Dak. Tough to play injured though.
Thanks for mentioning Dak, I wanted to say something about him, and kind of forgot. I think the instant he's back (which sounds like week 5 according to Jerry, and the actions of not putting him on the 4-week IR) I think he could jump up to about QB11 or so. If I'd have gone to 20 at QB, Dak would have been 17 or 18. It wouldn't surprise me at all, that come week 7 or so, I've got Dak in the top-8.

I think the Bucs offense is in shambles a bit right now. While Fournette is a 3-down RB, his situation isn't really different than Najee's, though I think Najee is probably a bigger talent. Fourennte has a bad OL, and while he's a getting carries, he isn't getting much in the way of GL work or receiving work. He's needed too much as a pass blocker. He has less receiving production than Damien Harris right now, through 2 games the Bucs only have 2 offensive TDs.

If everything comes together, and everyone gets healthy. I think Fournette might very well have top-5 upside, but that requires about 3-4 things fall into place, that currently aren't in my opinion.

Conner is in a similar role, but in a better offense. Williams and Chubb are just much better players, and even though they lose carries to other guys, they still are productive.

Thanks for doing this.
I think Conner is too much of a TD threat to move lower, assuming this ankle injury isn't serious, which I've heard nothing to suggest it is. Henry is probably more gamescript dependent than ever, but I think his owners will be very happy they have him when the Titans start playing division games.

Dotson was literally WR41. I like him a ton in dynasty, but he's the #3 right now. McLaurin feels like a guy who is going to pop for a big game any week now, with how pass happy that offense is. I think he's a bit of a buy-low if people are thinking he's not Washington's clear #1 anymore.
Najee is a better talent. But the Bucs will have a much greater TD opportunity every week and TB12 throws the ball to RBs much more than Trubisky. Additionally, the Steelers have arguably the worst O line in football, and Tampas offensive line has played great. All this talk about Tampas O line struggling hasnt come to fruition, and theyve played against Micah Parsons and last week in New Orleans. PFF has them ranked number 4 right now, and their D Line opponents will get much easier down the line.

Considering he's missing his #1 and #3 WR its been running just fine. Any offense would underachieve under those circumstances, look no further than Tampa.

When Hopkins and Moore are back, I think Murray makes a serious run at Josh Allen, especially with where the Cards D is at, versus Buffalo's.

We'll see how it plays out - I just think the scheme is bad and has been bad. And that Murray is wildly over rated.

Great stuff as usual.

You have such a Kyler Murray man crush. I would take Herbert, Mahomes, Jackson and Hurts over Murray....so Murray would be #6 for me. And while Brady is off to a slow start, he should be a top 10 QB once his WRs and OL get healthy. Also TB played at DAL and at NO, and has GB this week, a pretty good defense. That's a tough start to the season. Buy low.

At RB, I think N Harris is too high. PIT's offense is a trainwreck. Fournette needs to be higher.

At WR, list is pretty good, but I am not ready to put Lamb that high. And McLaurin is way too high. Lots of competition for targets, with Terry fighting with Dotson with higher ADOT targets. C Samuel is Deebo lite and isn't going away.

I think I agree with your top 10 TE list. We're waiting for Pitts to go off.....................
Thanks for lists again.

Agree with all this. Fournette is criminally underrated in fantasy. The TD and receptions are coming. Top 5 PPR RB for me. He's playing most every snap.

I personally can't put either of Najee/Henry that high. Najee looks awful. He's leaving yards on the field, hesitant, missing holes, can't get the corner. Warren should be getting more PT there as COP at a minimum but probably won't with Tomlin and his 1st round status. Najee's a Tomlin epiphany away from being Josh Jacobs IMO. And probably being kind with that as he looks Trent Richardson-ish more than anything. If you knew nothing and watched Najee/Warren play side by side and had to guess which was the 1st round pick, probably would pick Warren. Clear sell for me in any format. Titans look like a train wreck that'll be playing from behind all year.

I'd have Samuel higher as well as long as he's healthy. Would be Top 20 PPR for me with his role.

I think the Bucs offense is in shambles a bit right now. While Fournette is a 3-down RB, his situation isn't really different than Najee's, though I think Najee is probably a bigger talent. Fourennte has a bad OL, and while he's a getting carries, he isn't getting much in the way of GL work or receiving work. He's needed too much as a pass blocker. He has less receiving production than Damien Harris right now, through 2 games the Bucs only have 2 offensive TDs
Fournette is really good. Once Brady has Evans, Godwin, Julio and the OL is more healthy, Fournette will be a top 10 RB, and Brady will be a top 10 QB. Bucs are off to a slow start. Of course the Bucs offense is in shambles. They are missing 2 of their top 3 WRs for the first 3 games and their OL is banged up.

Also, Harris is banged up and I don't think he's going to last the season, especially if he has that big of workload. I don't see PIT's offense getting better, even if they go to to Pickett, which I expect PIT to do in a few games.

I would swap Fournette and Harris in your rankings.

Great stuff as usual.

I'm definitely a Murray guy. Its always interesting me when people call him overrated, I think he's wildly underrated. I think its that he's such an unconventional style that it makes people think he's doing things wrong or poorly. Wilson kinda had the same issue when he was younger.

I doubt anyone is likely to be as high on Lamb as I am. Its also a bet on his value in the weeks and months ahead more than today. For week 3, I'd probably have Lamb around the Sutton/Higgins range.

WR:
1. Cooper Kupp (5)
2. Justin Jefferson (1)
3. Stefon Diggs (3)
4. Davante Adams (4)
5. Ja'Marr Chase (2)
7. Tyreek Hill (6)
8. Amon-Ra St.Brown (17)
9. AJ Brown (7)
10. Mike Evans (8)
11. Michael Pittman (12)
13. Jaylen Waddle (21)
14. Michael Thomas (18)
15. Courtland Sutton (9)
16. Tee Higgins (10)
17. DJ Moore (13)
18. Mike Williams (14)
19. Terry McLaurin (16)
20. Deebo Samuel (11)
21. Keenan Allen (15)
22. Chris Godwin (19)
24. Diontae Johnson (22)
25. Jerry Jeudy (32)
26. DK Metcalf (26)
27. Hollywood Brown (24)
28. Brandin Cooks (23)
30. Curtis Samuel (34)
31. Rashod Bateman (35)
32. Gabriel Davis (27)
33. Elijah Moore (29)
38. Amari Cooper (38)
40. Jakobi Meyers (40)

Seems like M Gallup would be an obvious pick up, but he sits on the FA waiver wire in both my leagues. Considering adding before he busts out as a decent low end WR #3 when needed. DAL in limbo and Dak being "lead" to return sooner rather than later cuz the boss says so. Ridiculous! America's Team is a thing of the past.
I'm surprised how many leagues Gallup is on waivers in. Noah Brown has a been flex worthy these 1st 2 weeks, and Gallup is obviously better than him.

Great stuff as usual.

Thanks for lists again.

Agree with all this. Fournette is criminally underrated in fantasy. The TD and receptions are coming. Top 5 PPR RB for me. He's playing most every snap.

I personally can't put either of Najee/Henry that high. Najee looks awful. He's leaving yards on the field, hesitant, missing holes, can't get the corner. Warren should be getting more PT there as COP at a minimum but probably won't with Tomlin and his 1st round status. Najee's a Tomlin epiphany away from being Josh Jacobs IMO. And probably being kind with that as he looks Trent Richardson-ish more than anything. If you knew nothing and watched Najee/Warren play side by side and had to guess which was the 1st round pick, probably would pick Warren. Clear sell for me in any format. Titans look like a train wreck that'll be playing from behind all year.

I'd have Samuel higher as well as long as he's healthy. Would be Top 20 PPR for me with his role.
Curtis Samuel is a guy I like, but I feel like is already pretty close to his ceiling. I think its much more likely McLaurin starts to benefit from the other guys showing they are threats, than it is that McLaurin continues to lose work to them.

We have wildly different opinions of Jaylen Warren. He's JAG to me. Haven't seen anything to suggest he's a threat to Najee in any way. He's faster than Najee. I'll give him that, but so was McFarland. What little I've seen of Warren, is him going down on 1st contact, and being a zero in the passing game. I won't disagree Najee hasn't looked great, but I think its far more likely he turns it around, then he has anything to worry about when it comes to his lock on his 3-down role.

I'm not a huge Najee Harris fan by any means. I thought the Steelers were stupid to draft him over Javonte Williams, who I thought was clearly the best RB in that draft, but they also probably should have just stuck with Conner and went elsewhere (OL? CB?) with their 1st that year. But I think he showed enough in year 1 to think he's not going down the Richardson path.

Users who are viewing this thread