What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump and the 16 women (2 Viewers)

I can’t believe I missed this thread. 

“Swept under the rug.”   :lmao:

There were about a hundred conversations about it on this board alone. It was a major discussion point during the campaign.  No, it wasn’t swept under the rug.  His voters didn’t care. 
and Roy Moores voters wont care either

Great country we got here

Pretty much everyone but partisans consider the Trump allegations politically motivated hatchet jobs.  Donald Trump was a flamboyant playboy for decades. Beautiful wonen adored him.  He was like a real life Bruce Wayne.  He had no need to push the envelope.  
Are you arguing that rich and famous people don't commit rape since they can get sex easily from good looking women?

You sound incredibly naive.

Are you arguing that rich and famous people don't commit rape since they can get sex easily from good looking women?

You sound incredibly naive.
Remember, Trump's lawyer was the one who said you "cannot rape your wife" after Trump's ex-wife (can't remember which one, he's had several) accused him of violently raping her in her book.  

We can't be surprised when Trump fanbois excuse any and all deviant and disgusting behavior.  

Pretty much everyone but partisans consider the Trump allegations politically motivated hatchet jobs.  Donald Trump was a flamboyant playboy for decades. Beautiful wonen adored him.  He was like a real life Bruce Wayne.  He had no need to push the envelope.  
Actually, pretty much everyone outside of blind Trump supporters knows that they are very likely to be true. It’s also pretty prescient of many of these women to start their “politically motivated hatchet jobs” decades before Trump ever ran for office, including multiple allegations of actual rape. Plus, you know, there’s the fact that Trump himself bragged about committing sexual assault on tape, as well as documenting his perverted behavior in multiple Stern interviews.

At least have the guts to own the fact that you just don’t care and voted for a sexual predator rather than playing coy.

Somehow in all the insanity of the Trump campaign, the allegations of 16 women got swept under the rug.  It’s easy to understand as it’s been one thing after another for an entire year.

But looking back...that’s kind of a big deal, correct?  If you’re a Trump fan, how do you respond?  Is it simply that you think it was DNC staged?  Fake?

For instance why do we make a huge deal out of his Access Hollywood video and not the 16 women?  

Were some of the allegations questionable?  It’s hard to find unbiased info on this subject. 

To me this is the worst thing he’s been accused of bar none.
I think you have you answer.  This was never swept under the rug; it is just completely ignore/denied by Trump's supporters.  An interesting amount of cognitive dissonance when they talk about every other sexual assault claim constantly...

Sex crimes are not generally about sex.  They’re about power and control. 

You realize there were women who came out before Trump was running for office, right?

Sex crimes are not generally about sex.  They’re about power and control. 
And when has Trump not pushed the envelope.  As a billionaire real estate developer, and now as POTUS, there is a seemingly endless supply of sycophants willing to kiss his ###.  Yet he still throws a hissy fit on Twitter whenever someone doesn't kiss his ###.  That's completely consistent with the type of person who 1) has lots of consensual sex with beautiful women; and 2) subjects other women to sexual harassment.  That probably describes all the offenders in Hollywood.

This was on some liberal site (dad's Facebook post, makes me look like a part of the conservative caucus), but it's a direct quote from Susan Collins:

"President Trump was not my choice for the Republican nominee for president and I did not support him in part because of the way that all of these reports about how he was treating women,” she added. Collins said she is only working with Trump on specific issues because he is the president.

“But those allegations remain very disturbing,” she said.

Can't imagine Trumps behavior in this realm doesn't bubble up, but who knows with Trump.

The guy is literally one of the most vile human's in the recent public sphere I can recall, and yet, he's freakin' President. So maybe even now not enough care enough about right and wrong to move the needle. 

When it came to these slanderous claims and tapes that magically appeared during the election, I just fall back on the observation of DNC Hall of Famer operative, James Carville:

” If you drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you’ll find,”
Trump was talking about a female tv anchor on the lot of NBC. 

link

Nikki R. Haley, the American ambassador to the United Nations, said on Sunday that the women who have accused President Trump of sexual misconduct “should be heard,” a break from the administration’s assertions that the allegations have no merit and should be dismissed.

In response to questions on CBS’s “Face the Nation” about the allegations, Ms. Haley said that while ultimately the decision on Mr. Trump lies with voters, “women should always feel comfortable coming forward. And we should all be willing to listen to them.”
Awkward.

Probably not going to be a great week for Trump.  These women have the power to...well do nothing.  Because those in charge simply do not care how bad of a person Trump is.  They getting them some money right now.    

Last edited by a moderator:
So the women are going to have a news conference and demand Congress investigate. Congress won’t respond. What is the next step? 

I’d like to see a march on Washington, a boycott on any company who does business with Trump or with the Republican Party. I’d like to see the Democrats walk out. 

I’m fairly serious about this. Until there is a full investigation, and Trump forced to resign just as Al Franken did, a total shut down. 

So the women are going to have a news conference and demand Congress investigate. Congress won’t respond. What is the next step? 

I’d like to see a march on Washington, a boycott on any company who does business with Trump or with the Republican Party. I’d like to see the Democrats walk out. 

I’m fairly serious about this. Until there is a full investigation, and Trump forced to resign just as Al Franken did, a total shut down. 
Trump was elected with these accusations readily available and known.  He’s not going to step down, nor should he.

If Democrats want to throw a temper-tantrum and walk out of government because they lost an election to a morally reprehensible moron that’s their prerogative.  Maybe they can get Kleenex to sponsor the movement.

This is exactly why Franken was thrown under the bus (after all, he didn't admit any wrongdoing and is a "champion for women") and forced to resign by Dem leadership.  Interesting move by the DNC here.

The biggest difference between these two is that Franken was already in office when his problems surfaced.  Trump had them laid out there for all to see and was elected anyway.  

I doubt any of that happens but I'm glad this is getting traction and I hope they keep pressing the issue. It all went away quietly and it's clear there is something there.

The 3 women with Megyn Kelly this morning seemed credible, especially the older lady who he groped on the plane. 

Now this would make sense for the dems.

Trump was elected with these accusations readily available and known.  He’s not going to step down, nor should he. 
The bolded seems to imply that you that you’re OK with Trump’s mistreatment of women, or at the very least you don’t regard it as disqualifying. Would that be an accurate assessment? 

Trump had them laid out there for all to see and was elected anyway.  
The White House made this argument this morning; so did jonesed. I don’t see how it exonerates Trump in any way. In fact, I actually find the idea that public opinion lets somebody off the hook for wrongdoing to be disgusting and anti-American as well. 

This is the stuff.

Quit chasing your Russian conspiracy theories and go here.  Go for the family business/taxes.

The White House made this argument this morning; so did jonesed. I don’t see how it exonerates Trump in any way. In fact, I actually find the idea that public opinion lets somebody off the hook for wrongdoing to be disgusting and anti-American as well. 
Marion Barry got reelected Mayor of the District of Columbia, too, after going to prison. Don't recall his critics in this forum ever excusing what he did just because the people of DC had no problem with it.

The bolded seems to imply that you that you’re OK with Trump’s mistreatment of women, or at the very least you don’t regard it as disqualifying. Would that be an accurate assessment? 
I think he's saying that the people who voted for him didn't* and thus he doesn't see why he should resign.

*I have no clue if jonessed voted for Trump

This is the stuff.

Quit chasing your Russian conspiracy theories and go here.  Go for the family business/taxes.
It’s so obvious.  But most people do what they are told to do and the media tells people that the big story is Russia, so the big story is Russia.

It’s so obvious.  But most people do what they are told to do and the media tells people that the big story is Russia, so the big story is Russia.
I think the Russian story is easily the bigger issue as I think they attempted (successfully) to interfere with our election and are trying their best to weaken the US (in anyway they can - whether that's supporting Trump or Rubio or Hillary or anyone else they think helps them). The story about Trump and womanizing is just that - would it get him out of office?  Maybe, but that's not the end all be all for me, especially when Pence is the one that would take the reigns.  My biggest immediate concern is Trump starting a war with someone.  I never wanted Trump anywhere near the WH and still don't but I can recognize the bigger threat to our democracy.

You are looking at this the wrong way

I’m not OK with, but I didn’t help elect him.  I’m not about to disenfranchise those who did.  Obviously they see things differently.  

He won.  It’s time to accept it.

I’m not OK with, but I didn’t help elect him.  I’m not about to disenfranchise those who did.  Obviously they see things differently.  

He won.  It’s time to accept it.
I accept the election and I’m not looking to disenfranchise anyone. But if he’s done what these women say, he needs to go along with Weinstein and Charlie Rose and Franken and Lauer and Spacey and all the rest. If you disagree then it seems to me that you’re OK with what he’s done, or that you don’t find it disqualifying. I don’t see much wiggle room here. 

I accept the election and I’m not looking to disenfranchise anyone. But if he’s done what these women say, he needs to go along with Weinstein and Charlie Rose and Franken and Lauer and Spacey and all the rest. If you disagree then it seems to me that you’re OK with what he’s done, or that you don’t find it disqualifying. I don’t see much wiggle room here. 
Or maybe you just don't care

I think the Russian story is easily the bigger issue as I think they attempted (successfully) to interfere with our election and are trying their best to weaken the US (in anyway they can - whether that's supporting Trump or Rubio or Hillary or anyone else they think helps them). The story about Trump and womanizing is just that - would it get him out of office?  Maybe, but that's not the end all be all for me, especially when Pence is the one that would take the reigns.  My biggest immediate concern is Trump starting a war with someone.  I never wanted Trump anywhere near the WH and still don't but I can recognize the bigger threat to our democracy.
The bigger issue?  Maybe.

The way to attack/hurt Trump?  No.

The bigger issue?  Maybe.

The way to attack/hurt Trump?  No.
Yeah, that's why I didn't say it.  The Russia investigation seems to be playing out like what we've seen in real life (and entertainment) with mob bosses.  They will end up getting him on taxes or money laundering or not at all if they go down that road and it would be a long drawn out process that a lot of people will just ignore.  The thing is - I don't know if the sexual misconduct is going to do anything either - I'd be willing to bet that you could put all the pressure in the world on Trump and he's not budging.  It would take impeachment from these allegations and I don't really see that happening.

I think I have explained myself about as clearly as I can.  I will reiterate one more time to help.

Trump was elected despite people knowing about his past.  I do not support what he did, but there is nothing new here.  I am not prepared to disenfranchise those who supported him despite knowing his flaws.

Tim, do you actually think Trump could be forced to resign? By whom? His family and closest advisors can't even get him to stop posting asinine crap on the internet that makes him look like he has dementia. You honestly think it is realistic that a bunch of women re-surface these allegations again and he says, "Oops. My bad," and walks away?

Users who are viewing this thread