What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump And The Vaccine - A New Angle? (1 Viewer)

Sure. No worries there. Disagreeing is part of it. 

My statement was answering Tim's question of whether COVID will be in our rearview mirror in 2024. I think it mostly will.

You disagree?
I certainly hope it’s in our rearview.

If Trump were to get the nom would be a huge disappointment for me as to where we our as a country. Him talking about vaccine development would be a nice break from the rest of his terrible shtick. 

I'm still struggling to see where the value comes in.  I just don't see Trump claiming to have saved the world influencing any voters who voted against him in 2020.  Sure, there might be a very few folks that voted for him in 2020, currently hesitant, that might get swayed.  But, as @timschochet points out, that isn't a net gain from 2020, as those people voted for him last time; that's just holding serve.
I don't see it as a net change either.  

1.  I feel Trump was already taking credit for the vaccines in 2020.  The only difference now is he downplayed the virus before--and now he's saying it would have been the end of the world if not for him.  

2.  The vaccines were coming down the pipeworks while Trump was in office.  If people viewed the vaccines as a POTUS accomplishment worthy of their vote--why didn't he get it in 2020?  I don't believe Trump suddenly telling people he did it is going to make them "realize how great" Trump is.  

I accept this idea, but I'm just really having trouble with the notion that "vaccines!" is enough to get someone over the finish line.  "Thoughtful" people already know that Trump rarely explicitly badmouthed the vaccines, did praise and encourage them on occasion, and also really didn't do nearly as much as he could have to encourage them during a critical period when it would have helped a lot.

The COVID19/pandemic political narrative is going to stay relevant in 2022 and 2024.

The actual favorite to get the DNC ticket at this point is Gavin Newsom. I don't care what the oddsmakers say about it, right now he's got a better chance than any of the other "contenders"  Much of what happens with Newsom is how it is perceived he handled the pandemic and the status of all his extramarital affairs. At minimum one instance has been mostly buried in the national daily media cycle but that can't hold forever.

The goal of DNC HQ since Biden took office is to wipe out the political weight of Greg Abbott (TX) and Ron DeSantis (FL). So the COVID19 narrative here won't change much either as what happens in Florida for the next three years is the largest factor in RDS' contender status.

Trump wants to take credit for the vaccine while the Democratic Party is very vulnerable to their pandemic response.

DNC HQ wants to assess the vaccine on Trump and the boosters to Biden so when children start dying, they can push the blame off onto both of them. You can't vaccinate this many people and this many children and not have some kind of adverse reaction somewhere. Sending the elderly off to die in nursing homes is one thing. Children are essentially "strict liability" timebombs in terms of political capital.

Why is smearing Trump bad for Republicans now. Plenty of radical leftists in here and out there want to smear Trump as much as possible. Go ahead. The only way the Democratic Party has a chance to hold POTUS in 2024 is if Trump runs. So keep smearing him, make it harder for him to run, and then watch the GOP take the 2022 Mid Terms and the 2024 general cycle.

The more and more people in general smear Trump, the more of a message it sends to Ronna McDaniel and RNC HQ that Trump cannot receive full Party support because it's a losing ticket.

Every radical leftist zealot here who screams out Smear The Cheeto is actually doing every Conservative in the country a favor. Many of you are unpaid advertising for the end goal of the GOP.

DNC HQ wants to assess the vaccine on Trump and the boosters to Biden so when children start dying, they can push the blame off onto both of them. You can't vaccinate this many people and this many children and not have some kind of adverse reaction somewhere. Sending the elderly off to die in nursing homes is one thing. Children are essentially "strict liability" timebombs in terms of political capital.
Honestly where do you come up with this stuff??

From the link:

"MSNBC did not offer comment for this fact-check. But after PolitiFact reached out, Maddow showed Trump’s December tweet on air as part of a correction. 

"I thought when we reported last night that while he was president, he had actually never told Americans to get vaccinated," Maddow said March 2. "It turns out he did say, in one tweet in December, that everybody should get their shots."
Turns out, he said it more than in one tweet.

The COVID19/pandemic political narrative is going to stay relevant in 2022 and 2024.

The actual favorite to get the DNC ticket at this point is Gavin Newsom. I don't care what the oddsmakers say about it, right now he's got a better chance than any of the other "contenders"  Much of what happens with Newsom is how it is perceived he handled the pandemic and the status of all his extramarital affairs. At minimum one instance has been mostly buried in the national daily media cycle but that can't hold forever.

The goal of DNC HQ since Biden took office is to wipe out the political weight of Greg Abbott (TX) and Ron DeSantis (FL). So the COVID19 narrative here won't change much either as what happens in Florida for the next three years is the largest factor in RDS' contender status.

Trump wants to take credit for the vaccine while the Democratic Party is very vulnerable to their pandemic response.

Why is smearing Trump bad for Republicans now. Plenty of radical leftists in here and out there want to smear Trump as much as possible. Go ahead. The only way the Democratic Party has a chance to hold POTUS in 2024 is if Trump runs. So keep smearing him, make it harder for him to run, and then watch the GOP take the 2022 Mid Terms and the 2024 general cycle.

The more and more people in general smear Trump, the more of a message it sends to Ronna McDaniel and RNC HQ that Trump cannot receive full Party support because it's a losing ticket.

Every radical leftist zealot here who screams out Smear The Cheeto is actually doing every Conservative in the country a favor. Many of you are unpaid advertising for the end goal of the GOP.
I can’t see Trump getting the nomination.  The country grew tired of his act, and his behavior post election in 2020 turned off a lot of people, including me - who voted for him in 2016.  Give him the hook.

I don't see it as a net change either.  

1.  I feel Trump was already taking credit for the vaccines in 2020.  The only difference now is he downplayed the virus before--and now he's saying it would have been the end of the world if not for him.  

2.  The vaccines were coming down the pipeworks while Trump was in office.  If people viewed the vaccines as a POTUS accomplishment worthy of their vote--why didn't he get it in 2020?  I don't believe Trump suddenly telling people he did it is going to make them "realize how great" Trump is.  
Didn’t news of the vaccine somehow come out  days after the election? 

Didn’t news of the vaccine somehow come out  days after the election? 
But we knew they were coming. Trump told us at every debate.

I have a hard time getting behind the idea that people didn’t believe him then, but now when he says he’s responsible for the vaccines and for millions of lives saved, they’re going to choose to believe him this time.

I have a hard time getting behind the idea that people didn’t believe him then, but now when he says he’s responsible for the vaccines and for millions of lives saved, they’re going to choose to believe him this time.
A lot of assumptions made in to us reasoning. Just pointing out some how the actual news of a vaccine conveniently came out right after voting. 

A lot of assumptions made in to us reasoning. Just pointing out some how the actual news of a vaccine conveniently came out right after voting. 
Do you really believe that the vaccine was held back in order to secure the election for Biden? Who held it back? 

Certain democratic elected officials were some of the first individuals to introduce vaccine hesitancy. 

Trump was to flippant about Covid imo, but he was also fighting democrats saying negative things about any vaccine that would happen during his administration.

Yeah, the vaccines weren't a secret.  They were here.  It was just a question as to when they'd be approved.  They were already being produced and being prepared for distribution but I guess for some the "magic" of approval makes them "real"?  

And then there's the whole conspiracy theory angle that Trump appointed FDA commissioner would hold things back so he didn't get credit.  This is right up there with why Obama didn't do things faster with Katrina or GWB being the mastermind of 9/11

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Pharma are the only people capable of hiding news of an imminent vaccine release. 

So Big Pharma wanted to get a Dem president in the White House, and let Bernie and AOC have some say in prescription drug prices.

OK, then....

I couldn't care less. 

I was discussing the idea that Big Pharma wanted a Dem White House. 

Why, did you want to change the subject? I don't blame you. 
You implied that Bernie and/or AOC would have a say in whether drug prices come down or not. Which as you know, is dumb

But yeah, you sure told me 

:laughingfaceemojidontbanmebro:

You implied that Bernie and/or AOC would have a say in whether drug prices come down or not. Which as you know, is dumb

But yeah, you sure told me 

:laughingfaceemojidontbanmebro:
look how quick they all rush in to protect their narrative , not worth the time enjoy the holidays my friend. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/05/1059828993/data-vaccine-misinformation-trump-counties-covid-death-rate

While it represents a relatively small number more Republicans are dying than Democrats.

NPR looked at deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which vaccinations widely became available. People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.73 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/05/1059828993/data-vaccine-misinformation-trump-counties-covid-death-rate

While it represents a relatively small number more Republicans are dying than Democrats.

NPR looked at deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which vaccinations widely became available. People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.73 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.
Only in here would this get posted, well done.  :doh:

Only in here would this get posted, well done.  :doh:
What thread here  do you think this information should be posted? You think maybe Trump would like to see his supporters all survive and might his pushing this be a part of an agenda to save all Republicans?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread