What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump Organization and CFO Allen Weisselberg Expected to Be Charged Thursday (1 Viewer)

The goal is justice.
If that's what you need to tell yourself.  :shrug:

This will ALWAYS be about a witch-hunt to get Trump.  Unfortunately, because your side made it that way, no one is EVER going to believe it's about justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll see?  From all the posts in here it pretty much sounds like you guys already have Trump tried and convicted.

Haven't you learned anything from the past?  Good gried.
Which posts have Trump tried and convicted?  Thats just not what people have been saying at all.

sho nuff said:
Seems to be just the usual laughing…got Trump yet? kind of stuff.  I suppose it’s progress we haven’t seen the “now do the Clinton Foundation” deflection yet.  
Why are you doing your usual laugh at this thread?  Why would you bring up the Clinton Foundation?   I'm confused about how that relates to this thread.

No.  I want tax cheats in jail.  Full stop.

Stop saying my side.  My side is America, not political hacks.
And I'm trying to tell you that because The American Left started a witch hunt over 4 years ago to go after Trump that ANYTHING remotely related to him will now be seen like that.  They did it to themselves. 

I don't like tax cheats either, FWIW.

And I'm trying to tell you that because The American Left started a witch hunt over 4 years ago to go after Trump that ANYTHING remotely related to him will now be seen like that.  They did it to themselves. 

So you are making a Boy Who Cried Wolf argument?  I could see that working on the court of public opinion but maybe not with the State of NY.

So you are making a Boy Who Cried Wolf argument?  I could see that working on the court of public opinion but maybe not with the State of NY.
Call it whatever you want.  In any case, it just looks like another witch hunt.  :shrug:

I'm not arguing with the State of NY.  I'm in an online forum arguing with an anonymous poster.

Call it whatever you want.  In any case, it just looks like another witch hunt.  :shrug:

I'm not arguing with the State of NY.  I'm in an online forum arguing with an anonymous poster.
So basically, Trump and anyone close to him can never be investigated for anything for all time because people will scream "witch hunt"?  

Just testing the limits for Trumps new-found immunity.

So basically, Trump and anyone close to him can never be investigated for anything for all time because partisan hacks will scream "witch hunt"?  

Just testing the limits for Trumps new-found immunity.
Not saying that at all.  I'm just saying that credibility goes out the window when you go witch-hunting.  

If the government goes witch-hunting, rest assured, they'll find a witch one way or the other.  The government can indict a ham-sandwich if they wanted to. 

So for the sake of argument let’s say we all agree for a moment this is a witch hunt.  Ok, so if criminal activity is found I would think everyone would be all about punishment to the extent the law, as with all criminal activity.  But no it’s being excused (other businesses do it too) or brushed aside (meh, no biggie).  Wonder why?  Red team blue team maybe?  

And on the witch hunt angle, that’s all on Trump. He put himself on the radar by his own choosing.  Had he stayed a private citizen he likely wouldn’t be in this position.  So unless your ####s tight don’t open yourself up to scrutiny.  

*and yes I’m all for this regardless of political affiliation.  All these public officials should be held to the highest possible standards.  Every. Single. One. Of. Them.  

So for the sake of argument let’s say we all agree for a moment this is a witch hunt.  Ok, so if criminal activity is found I would think everyone would be all about punishment to the extent the law, as with all criminal activity.  But no it’s being excused (other businesses do it too) or brushed aside (meh, no biggie).  Wonder why?  Red team blue team maybe?

Can I say that other businesses do it too and that's it seems relatively smaller (and truthfully I'm not sure the extent yet so maybe it is bigger)...and still agree that it is wrong and should be punished comparably to other companies found guilty of similar crimes? 

And on the witch hunt angle, that’s all on Trump. He put himself on the radar by his own choosing.  Had he stayed a private citizen he likely wouldn’t be in this position.  So unless your ####s tight don’t open yourself up to scrutiny.  

*and yes I’m all for this regardless of political affiliation.  All these public officials should be held to the highest possible standards.  Every. Single. One. Of. Them.  

Do you have links confirming for example your desire to investigate and find all the facts and prosecute to the fullest say for example the Hunter Biden / Joe Biden / China / Burisma suspicions?  I believe you, just a small test.... 😉

Can I say that other businesses do it too and that's it seems relatively smaller (and truthfully I'm not sure the extent yet so maybe it is bigger)...and still agree that it is wrong and should be punished comparably to other companies found guilty of similar crimes? 

Do you have links confirming for example your desire to investigate and find all the facts and prosecute to the fullest say for example the Hunter Biden / Joe Biden / China / Burisma suspicions?  I believe you, just a small test.... 😉
Re bolded 1- sure, say whatever you want.  But the party lines are clear via the comments.  

Re bolded 2- I have zero interest in taking any time to do that but you feel free.  But my posting history here is rife with distain for the Corrupt and vapid empty suits in our government today of all political persuasions. I didn’t vote for Biden and have zero issues with the GOP digging up all the skeletons they wish.  He did something criminal, prosecute his ### too.  

I agree that is how it will be perceived. Just look at many of the posts in this thread. 

Because it’s a witch hunt against one person.  You could bring the same charges against most companies if you perform an investigation of their finances.  
Except it wasn’t.  There were legitimate laws broken leading to an investigation and indictment of the Trump Org CEO and charges against the organization itself.

I dont find a baseless claim that you could do this with any corporation to be a very compelling argument.

Funny how these witch hunts keep on finding witches.  

You have a big orange witch. Then you have a bunch of flying monkeys that blindly follow the witch regardless of any impeachments, 1/6 riot incitements, impending indictments and the unending list of all the bad witches' shocking wrongdoings.

Eventually we’ll be singing, “Ding dong, the witch is dead.”

Patience will bring justice.

15 felony charges. If most companies can be charged with 15 felonies, maybe we should demand law enforcement gets tougher on the tax cheats.

Respect the rule of law and such.
Nah. It's a witch hunt going after one guy so it can't be prosecuted due to the witch hunt statutes that come down from common law in Olde England. 

#absoluteimmunity for Trump and anyone around him

Funny how these witch hunts keep on finding witches.  

Those don’t count.  It doesn’t matter if Trump surrounds himself with criminals in all aspects of his life.   Pardons criminals like Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, Flynn and so on.  If you don’t tag him specifically, it’s all a witch hunt!  

Have you read the indictment? You could not bring these charges against 99% of companies in the US.
:goodposting:

If these allegations are true Weisselberg is looking at some serious time behind bars.  The man will be 74 next month and could be behind bars the rest of his life.    

I'm sure you want a multi-year investigation into Hunter Biden and also the Clinton Foundation? Get real here, you want Trump in jail, you don't care about tax cheats.
If there is evidence of wrong doing, yes.  I am not a partisan back and I'm deeply disturbed when people politicize things like this.

I'm sure you want a multi-year investigation into Hunter Biden and also the Clinton Foundation? Get real here, you want Trump in jail, you don't care about tax cheats.
If they have probable cause I have no problem with a multi-year investigation into Hunter Biden and/or the Clinton Foundation.  If they broke the law they need to be held accountable.

I don't cheat on my taxes so I do want tax cheats to be prosecuted.   It sounds like you are okay with it though.

The Clinton Foundation has been investigated.  Including a 2 year investigation by the Trump Justice Department.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/justice-dept-winds-down-clinton-related-inquiry-once-championed-by-trump-it-found-nothing-of-consequence/2020/01/09/ca83932e-32f9-11ea-a053-dc6d944ba776_story.html

If there is evidence to investigate and prosecute Hunter Biden...then sure...do it...investigate him...or anyone else where there is evidence of wrongdoing.  Whether they are Republicans or Democrats does not matter.

Have you read the indictment? You could not bring these charges against 99% of companies in the US.
I believe if you did a forensic investigation of the financials of almost all us companies you will find something illegal.  What he is accused of doing may be unique but don’t see it any different.  

Except it wasn’t.  There were legitimate laws broken leading to an investigation and indictment of the Trump Org CEO and charges against the organization itself.

I dont find a baseless claim that you could do this with any corporation to be a very compelling argument.
I don’t agree.  So of all the companies here they decide to focus on this company and indicate a private citizen?  What are the odds?

I don’t agree.  So of all the companies here they decide to focus on this company and indicate a private citizen?  What are the odds?
Because there was probable cause to investigate and because that citizen was committing crimes.  Private citizens are investigated and indicted all the time.

That’s not really how it works. The Company has the obligation to report the payments and withhold taxes on them. The company is reportedly being charged in addition to the CFO. But yes, Donald does not appear to be implicated in the forthcoming indictment. 
This. I am obligated to fill out paperwork and send 1099’s to any individual who has provided me services or I paid cash rent to (farm land) that exceeds $600. I do so every year and if I didn’t I would fully expect to be contacted by the IRS and be subjected to some kind of penalty. I don’t know why it seems Trumplicans give a pass to tax cheats like Weisselberg and Manafort. Seems Al Capone lived in the wrong century......if he had lived today he could maybe of run as a Republican. While I don’t want to get these tax cheats to pay their fair share by using the Justice department every time because that obviously wouldn’t be efficient, but making  an example of some of these millionaires is fine with me. I suspect all of us here pay what taxes we owe and for the most part we wouldn’t act like it is good shrewd business to be a tax cheat. 

So it took them several years to put this case together?
No, it took them several years to get Trump's tax returns, seeing as he managed to stifle that request during his presidency.  Once he was out of office, seems like it only took a few months.

So is the thought that the CFO would "flip" to say that Trump approved the use of funds...or flip for some other bigger information that has yet to be identified (aka fishing trip)?

I guess the CFO could flip and say that Trump approved the use of funds illegally (like providing school tuition benefits and not reporting them)...but I think it is more than plausible that Trump had no operating oversight of such things and the CFO and others were acting illegally on their own.  I'm not sure of the amounts but there is delegation of approval authority usually and none of these items seem to be more than $250k?
No because Trump operates like a mob boss. He says things without really saying it.  If you only read written directions from him on a myriad of situations it wouldn't seem like much. Communication is much more than words though. There's tone, facial expressions, understanding of who someone is and what they desire.  It's as ridiculous as Vinny Boombatz testifying that when he told some guys to "take him for a ride", that's exactly what he meant. 

Yet here we are on Independence Day weekend and millions of Americans believe the country they love has been stolen from them.  Not by any evidence but the lies of a few.  That we would be better off with less freedom. Even mild dissenters from the message of those few should be persecuted as traitors.  An authoritarian dictatorship ten times worse than the country we rebelled against is better than anyone other than Trump being in office. 

Users who are viewing this thread