What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump Organization and CFO Allen Weisselberg Expected to Be Charged Thursday (1 Viewer)

Wait, is your prosecutorial decision base on the expense of the case?
Yup.  Put your limited resources where you can get the most bang.  Cohen $50k fine and 3 years for what did it cost?  Trump lost, he was a terrible president, harassed in office and now it going to continue out of office for a long time.  There have been plenty of bad politicians but at some point just let it go and move to future and stop being triggered by one person.  This goes for everyone that’s been responding to my posts.  Have a good day without thinking about HIM if possible.  

Yup.  Put your limited resources where you can get the most bang.  Cohen $50k fine and 3 years for what did it cost?  Trump lost, he was a terrible president, harassed in office and now it going to continue out of office for a long time.  There have been plenty of bad politicians but at some point just let it go and move to future and stop being triggered by one person.  This goes for everyone that’s been responding to my posts.  Have a good day without thinking about HIM if possible.  
Seems like a quick easy solution would be to require those convicted of tax fraud to also be required to pay for costs of the investigation.  Problem solved?

How much did it cost us to fully handle this important case?
It really doesn't matter.

We have no way of knowing what companies are innocent until they investigate so I’m missing your point..
Investigation began only after probable cause was determined. 

So it took them several years to put this case together?
Yes. For obvious reasons, mostly delay tactics. See above.

Trump Organization Indictment May Spell Trouble for Trump Spawn

Wow. If every company is like the example "But those disclosures also show the company’s underlying value isn’t clear, and its income has swung wildly. The business posted no income at all in 2014 and 2015, then hauled $8.1 million in 2016 before reporting no income again in 2017, the year Ivanka left the company. It pulled in a little over $3 million annually for the next two years, then went dormant.". and this has been going on for decades, we're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars that they purposely didn't pay taxes on. 

Wow. If every company is like the example "But those disclosures also show the company’s underlying value isn’t clear, and its income has swung wildly. The business posted no income at all in 2014 and 2015, then hauled $8.1 million in 2016 before reporting no income again in 2017, the year Ivanka left the company. It pulled in a little over $3 million annually for the next two years, then went dormant.". and this has been going on for decades, we're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars that they purposely didn't pay taxes on. 
It should irk everyone that corporations (not just Trump's) don't pay their fair share of taxes by using loopholes (sometimes legal but often abused).   

The US tax code is a joke.

It should irk everyone that corporations (not just Trump's) don't pay their fair share of taxes by using loopholes (sometimes legal but often abused).   

The US tax code is a joke.
Trump told us all he did that during the debates.  He looked right at Clinton and said he takes advantage of tax loopholes that she helped create.  The tax code absolutely needs a total makeover 

Trump Spawn sounds like the sort of horror film I normally avoid. 

The Washington Post: Trump Organization removes indicted top finance officer Allen Weisselberg from leadership roles at dozens of subsidiaries.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-organization-removes-weisselberg/2021/07/12/ba9052c4-e354-11eb-a41e-c8442c213fa8_story.html

Hmmm 
Weisselbergs loyalty will go unrewarded, as per the usual M.O. with DJT and his clan. Writing is on the wall in yuge letters done with Sharpie permanent markers. His usefulness is over. DJT will claim he hardly knows him and throw him under any old bus.

Ex-Trump Org. official Allen Weisselberg expected to plead guilty in tax case

Weisselberg is expected to be sentenced to five months in the case brought by Manhattan prosecutors over a tax avoidance scheme they allege ran for 15 years, sources say.

Former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg is expected to plead guilty to criminal charges tied to his indictment by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office in an investigation of former President Donald Trump's businesses, according to two people familiar with the matter and a public court filing.

Weisselberg is expected to be sentenced to 5 months in jail as part of that plea which could come as soon as Thursday morning, the two sources said.

Other terms of the plea were not immediately disclosed, but the sources said that Weisselberg is expected to cooperate against the Trump Organization itself. There is no indication he will cooperate in any investigation into the former president, however.

Weisselberg and the Trump Organization were charged as part of what prosecutors described as an “off the books” scheme over 15 years to help top officials in the Trump Organization avoid paying taxes. Weisselberg, 74, was accused of avoiding paying taxes on $1.7 million of his income.

Weisselberg is expected to be sentenced to five months in the case brought by Manhattan prosecutors over a tax avoidance scheme they allege ran for 15 years, sources say.

Former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg is expected to plead guilty to criminal charges tied to his indictment by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office in an investigation of former President Donald Trump's businesses, according to two people familiar with the matter and a public court filing.

Weisselberg is expected to be sentenced to 5 months in jail as part of that plea which could come as soon as Thursday morning, the two sources said.

Other terms of the plea were not immediately disclosed, but the sources said that Weisselberg is expected to cooperate against the Trump Organization itself. There is no indication he will cooperate in any investigation into the former president, however.

Weisselberg and the Trump Organization were charged as part of what prosecutors described as an “off the books” scheme over 15 years to help top officials in the Trump Organization avoid paying taxes. Weisselberg, 74, was accused of avoiding paying taxes on $1.7 million of his income.
5 months? Seems like such a slap on the wrist.

It's almost like there's different justice systems for different people.

It is a massive coincidence that so many people close to Trump turn out to be criminals. He must be the biggest sucker and terrible judge of character ever. Nothing else explains it.

I thought so at first too but I don't know what sentencing guidelines are for his crime. He's also cooperating and giving information against Trump Org.

I thought so at first too but I don't know what sentencing guidelines are for his crime. He's also cooperating and giving information against Trump Org.
15 years of tax evasion...... he better have something incredible

Still, I stand by my sarcastic point.

2008, Wesley Snipes was sentenced to three years in prison and fined $5m for wilful failure to file $15m worth of federal income tax returns. Snipes lost his appeal against conviction and in December 2010 he was jailed. After serving two and a half years, he was released.

This seems odd to me. He was the CFO of the Trump Org. So with respect to the charges in the indictment, he would be the individual most culpable in my opinion. So it’s sort of like he’s cooperating against himself.

This seems odd to me. He was the CFO of the Trump Org. So with respect to the charges in the indictment, he would be the individual most culpable in my opinion. So it’s sort of like he’s cooperating against himself.
This was my thought as well

I barely knew Allen Weisselberg. Sure he was the head of the organization, but he wasn’t someone I dealt with on a regular basis. I’m shocked he was corrupt but if he’s trying to implicate me in his wrongdoing, it’s just another liberal witch-hunt!

I barely knew Allen Weisselberg. Sure he was the head of the organization, but he wasn’t someone I dealt with on a regular basis. I’m shocked he was corrupt but if he’s trying to implicate me in his wrongdoing, it’s just another liberal witch-hunt!
Nice try, but this is much too measured, grammatically correct, and free of spelling/capitalization/punctuation errors.

Source confirms Allen Weisselberg will implicate the Trump Organization and Trump Payroll Corp when he pleads guilty to criminal tax fraud charges in the morning — and he will agree to testify against them at trial in October if called as a witness. https://t.co/c7HCjwfm0n

:bye:
But not Trump himself....right???
No, but he can testify against the Trump Organization.
We'll see if Trump tosses his children under the bus

Source confirms Allen Weisselberg will implicate the Trump Organization and Trump Payroll Corp when he pleads guilty to criminal tax fraud charges in the morning — and he will agree to testify against them at trial in October if called as a witness. https://t.co/c7HCjwfm0n

I'll believe that when I see it. Very few have rolled on Trump for some reason.
He will not testify against anyone with the last name Trump is what I heard. And why would he? Only 5 months then he’s out and they take care of him.

Just confirming that none of these rolled on Trump:
  • Campaign chair: Felon
  • Deputy campaign chair: Felon
  • Personal lawyer: Felon
  • Top political advisor: Felon
  • Natl Sec Advisor: Felon
  • Foreign policy advisor: Felon
  • Campaign fixer: Felon
  • Company CFO: Felon

Just confirming that none of these rolled on Trump:
  • Campaign chair: Felon
  • Deputy campaign chair: Felon
  • Personal lawyer: Felon
  • Top political advisor: Felon
  • Natl Sec Advisor: Felon
  • Foreign policy advisor: Felon
  • Campaign fixer: Felon
  • Company CFO: Felon
He's just so unlucky with the people he hires.

No, but he can testify against the Trump Organization.
We'll see if Trump tosses his children under the bus
He should leave Barron alone

What do Trump associates say more frequently, "I choose to exercise my rights under the Fifth Amendment of the constitution and not answer the question" or "guilty? "

He will not testify against anyone with the last name Trump is what I heard. And why would he? Only 5 months then he’s out and they take care of him.
I read that with good behavior he's only expected to serve 100 days.
The judge reiterated to him 3 times that he must "tell the truth" in the upcoming trial against the Trump Org or his sentence balloons to 5-15 years.

The encouraging thing is the ones flipping on him are closer and closer to the top. They're just going up the ladder. Whoever the Mar-a-lago mole is, is even closer and already flipped.

Users who are viewing this thread