What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (16 Viewers)

:o Oh, my. (Video clip at link)

"George H.W. Bush took millions of documents to a former bowling alley and a former Chinese restaurant where they combined them. So they're in a bowling alley slash Chinese restaurant."

-- Trump

100 percent true story

Well, yes but to say that is terribly misleading. None of these documents were marked top secret, these were items that were temporarily stored and were to be sorted before being sent to Bush presidential library.
Question - When documents marked top secret are declassified, do those markings magically just disappear? How does that work?

"George H.W. Bush took millions of documents to a former bowling alley and a former Chinese restaurant where they combined them. So they're in a bowling alley slash Chinese restaurant."

-- Trump

100 percent true story

Well, yes but to say that is terribly misleading. None of these documents were marked top secret, these were items that were temporarily stored and were to be sorted before being sent to Bush presidential library.
Question - When documents marked top secret are declassified, do those markings magically just disappear? How does that work?
If Donald merely thinks about it they become declassified. He probably just did some more while on the dumper this morning.

-- Trump
In fairness this is also the same guy who said he was told if George Washington were on a ticket with Lincoln as VP that he’d still win. So the source needs to be considered.
Coin flip race , imo
Biden would beat them both I guess then. That is wild!

-- Trump

100 percent true story

I don't know but it seems irrelevant here as no one has ever suggested that George W. Bush improperly took documents with him when he left the WH that had not been declassified.

-- Trump

100 percent true story

I don't know but it seems irrelevant here as no one has ever suggested that George W. Bush improperly took documents with him when he left the WH that had not been declassified.
There is a process to declassify documents. Trump did not do that, well besides “thinking about it”.

-- Trump

100 percent true story

There is a process to declassify documents. Trump did not do that, well besides “thinking about it”.
It appears he can?

Yes, the president can declassify documents, but there isn’t a set protocol they have to follow

THE SOURCES​

Current presidents can classify documents as long as they can “make a plausible argument that it is related to national security.” On the other hand, the president “doesn’t have to give any reason for declassifying” information, according to McClanahan.

“He can just say, ‘I decide that this should be declassified,’ and it’s declassified,” McClanahan said.

A 2009 executive order directs the head of a government agency that originally deemed information classified to oversee its declassification, and sets some rules for that process. But those protocols outlined in the executive order don’t apply to the president, McClanahan said.
However, presidents generally follow an informal protocol when declassifying documents, Richard Immerman, a historian and professor at Temple University, told VERIFY.
First, the president will consult all departments and agencies that have an interest in a classified document. Those departments or agencies then provide their assessment as to whether the document should stay classified for national security reasons. If there is a dispute among the agencies, they debate, but the president ultimately makes the decision on declassification, Immerman explained.

-- Trump

100 percent true story

How do you know this?

-- Trump

100 percent true story

It appears he can?

Yes, the president can declassify documents, but there isn’t a set protocol they have to follow

THE SOURCES​

Current presidents can classify documents as long as they can “make a plausible argument that it is related to national security.” On the other hand, the president “doesn’t have to give any reason for declassifying” information, according to McClanahan.

“He can just say, ‘I decide that this should be declassified,’ and it’s declassified,” McClanahan said.

A 2009 executive order directs the head of a government agency that originally deemed information classified to oversee its declassification, and sets some rules for that process. But those protocols outlined in the executive order don’t apply to the president, McClanahan said.
However, presidents generally follow an informal protocol when declassifying documents, Richard Immerman, a historian and professor at Temple University, told VERIFY.
First, the president will consult all departments and agencies that have an interest in a classified document. Those departments or agencies then provide their assessment as to whether the document should stay classified for national security reasons. If there is a dispute among the agencies, they debate, but the president ultimately makes the decision on declassification, Immerman explained.
Where did any of this happen and how come his lawyers aren’t making this argument.

-- Trump

100 percent true story

It appears he can?

THE SOURCES​

Where did any of this happen and how come his lawyers aren’t making this argument.
He has horrible legal representation & nobody wants to defend him because he doesn’t pay them? 🤷🏻‍♂️

-- Trump

100 percent true story

How do you know this?
How do we know that all of the presidents didn't take classified documents home with them? Is this the new angle that Trumpster's are playing? Prove to me that they did not do this?

-- Trump

100 percent true story

How do you know this?
How do we know that all of the presidents didn't take classified documents home with them? Is this the new angle that Trumpster's are playing? Prove to me that they did not do this?
Your use of Trumpsers as a pejorative aside, Bill Clinton held presidential records in his sock drawer. Obama kept classified documents in a warehouse that didn’t meet NARA standards. That issue alone formed the basis of the DOJ raid on MAL.

-- Trump

100 percent true story

It appears he can?

THE SOURCES​

He has horrible legal representation & nobody wants to defend him because he doesn’t pay them? 🤷🏻‍♂️
While this is true another answer is that when this argument actually has to be made when it matters everyone knows it’s a crock.

-- Trump

100 percent true story

It appears he can?

THE SOURCES​

While this is true another answer is that when this argument actually has to be made when it matters everyone knows it’s a crock.
I don’t know if it’s a crock. Seems like if they had something substantive, it would have been leaked to the press by now.

Regarding my previous point, here the letter from the Obama Foundation -

“The Foundation agreed to transfer up to [$3.3 million] to the National Archives Trust Fund (NATF) to support the move of classified and unclassified Obama Presidential records and artifacts from Hoffman Estates to NARA-controlled facilities that conform to the agency’s archival storage standards for such records and artifacts, and for the modification of such spaces.”

The Obama Foundation rented an abandoned warehouse from Hoffman Estates for the purpose of storing the documents, and last month extended the original lease to 2026.

This means that, as the debate over the supposedly classified documents at Mar-a-Lago is unfolding, the Obama Foundation is, at this very moment, storing classified documents in unused retail space in the suburbs of Chicago.

NARA LOI

-- Trump

100 percent true story

It appears he can?

THE SOURCES​

I don’t know if it’s a crock. Seems like if they had something substantive, it would have been leaked to the press by now.

“The Foundation agreed to transfer up to [$3.3 million] to the National Archives Trust Fund (NATF) to support the move of classified and unclassified Obama Presidential records and artifacts from Hoffman Estates to NARA-controlled facilities that conform to the agency’s archival storage standards for such records and artifacts, and for the modification of such spaces.”

The Obama Foundation rented an abandoned warehouse from Hoffman Estates for the purpose of storing the documents, and last month extended the original lease to 2026.

This means that, as the debate over the supposedly classified documents at Mar-a-Lago is unfolding, the Obama Foundation is, at this very moment, storing classified documents in unused retail space in the suburbs of Chicago.

NARA LOI

-- Trump

100 percent true story

It appears he can?

THE SOURCES​

NARA LOI
Yes we know this but that didn’t happen until after the records were stored in the unsecured warehouse.

-- Trump

100 percent true story

It appears he can?

THE SOURCES​

NARA LOI
Yes we know this but that didn’t happen until after the records were stored in the unsecured warehouse.
And I’m not saying NARA didn’t make the same requests to Trump and he told them to pound sand.

-- Trump

100 percent true story

It appears he can?

THE SOURCES​

NARA LOI
"The Obama Foundation, an independent entity, has never had control over the records in Hoffman Estates. All records in that facility are stored and managed by NARA in accordance with archival storage standards, and all classified records were stored in an appropriately secured compartment within the facility. NARA moved these records at the end of the Obama administration to the Hoffman Estates facility under the assumption that former President Obama and his Foundation would be building and transferring to NARA a traditional, physical Presidential Library in the Chicago area."

Sounds like it was always approved and handled in accordance with regulations. I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Trump screws up either by negligence or on purpose. Leaves his supporters to twist themselves up covering for him.
Biden is cognitively incapacitated and is talking about nuclear war yet you do the same thing. Weird how that works.
Deflect.

But yeah, Biden and team have handled Ukraine well IMO though.
Yeah terrific job. 100 billon on a proxy war bringing us to the edge of WWIII while the working class suffers 👍🏻. It’s been 7 years of non stop investigations. You’ll get Trump eventually.

Trump screws up either by negligence or on purpose. Leaves his supporters to twist themselves up covering for him.
Biden is cognitively incapacitated and is talking about nuclear war yet you do the same thing. Weird how that works.
Deflect.

Yeah terrific job. 100 billon on a proxy war bringing us to the edge of WWIII while the working class suffers 👍🏻. It’s been 7 years of non stop investigations. You’ll get Trump eventually.
What would you have done? Appeae Russia let them march through Ukraine?

Oh, please. Hillary supporters and the rest of the left were stepping all over themselves covering for her screw ups dating all the way back to Whitewater thru "wiping her server with a rag".

Liberals are the last ones that should be pointing fingers at anyone.

Deflect.

i think you’ll be a big fan of Congressional investigations in about a month.

Oh, please. Hillary supporters and the rest of the left were stepping all over themselves covering for her screw ups dating all the way back to Whitewater thru "wiping her server with a rag".

But the other side :lol:

Which is exactly what YOU did!! :lol:

So the the lesson topic you should learn today is: Glass House - What not to do.

So the the lesson topic you should learn today is: Glass House - What not to do.
I know this is your thing but what did I do?

Deflect.

Maybe demand the immediate negotiation of a peaceful end to the war in Ukraine?

Deflect.

i think you’ll be a big fan of Congressional investigations in about a month.
No I won’t be because the same people who have been attacking the right will call it a witch hunt only with unequivocal support from the media further polarizing the country.

Deflect.

Oh that is easy. Who gets the land might be a sticky point however.

Deflect.

And when Putin says No?

-- Trump

100 percent true story

I can answer this. They are marked "DECLASSIFIED" very clearly so there is no confusion.

Deflect.

And when Putin says No?
Biden is reckless. He previously admitted his goal is regime change. Now he invokes Armageddon? Did Trump ever say something so nutty? He also falsely says Putin talked about potential use of tactical nuclear weapons or biological and chemical weapons. Putin actually has never mentioned either.

-- Trump

100 percent true story

I can answer this. They are marked "DECLASSIFIED" very clearly so there is no confusion.
Every document that has received Presidential declassification is marked declassified? You can prove this as fact?

Deflect.

And when Putin says No?
Biden is reckless. He previously admitted his goal is regime change. Now he invokes Armageddon? Did Trump ever say something so nutty? He also falsely says Putin talked about potential use of tactical nuclear weapons or biological and chemical weapons. Putin actually has never mentioned either.
Actually Trump vowed "fire and fury" and to "totally destroy" North Korea. Though Trump then engaged in talks with North Korea.

Deflect.

And when Putin says No?
Not sure how we got here but this is tongue in cheek, right?

Putin has repeatedly threatened to use nukes in his unprovoked attacks on Ukraine.

We all got "our thing". Yours is being a hypocrite. Mine is pointing that out. :thumbup:

We all got "our thing". Yours is being a hypocrite. Mine is pointing that out. :thumbup:
That is very important, thank you for this important work. How did I do this again?

Can you please explain how the top post answers my question of “what if Putin says not” to the bottom post?

Can you please explain how the top post answers my question of “what if Putin says not” to the bottom post?
You ask him strenuously.

Deflect.

And when Putin says No?

Putin has repeatedly threatened to use nukes in his unprovoked attacks on Ukraine.
Link to speech asserting such

Deflect.

And when Putin says No?

Link to speech asserting such
Link

That is very important, thank you for this important work. How did I do this again?
Your welcome. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread