What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (9 Viewers)

Wait...you realize we're talking about a recreational, non necessary event vs. transforming government, services, etc.

Maybe you should revisit the Obama years to see who was constantly #####ing about how much stuff cost.  
Or the democrat debate thread where trump supporters complain about how we will pay for things but never bat an eye about how Trump pay for his things (or care about how much debt we are racking up in a good economy).

It's sad that our president is so unpopular that he has to stack the crowd at his own party.
I'm guessing at the core of this there is a concern that the crowd may be critical or unsupportive. But the opportunity for fundraising and a grandiose campaign rally - on the holiest of public backdrops - is a double bonus.
I'm not too offended by the fundraiser aspect -- after all, every Presidential speech is, on some level, a campaign speech. If Trump wants to turn it into a grotesque rant about his enemies or his fake achievements, it's not going to embarrass the country any more than it has already been embarrassed. His supporters have already gone all-in on blurring the line between private enterprise and public service.

As long as the general public has free access to the event, I'm not going to be too bothered by it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're talking pennies on the dollar vs the current proposals Democrats are pushing.  I just find it interesting we care about price tags now. 
"Our Wasteful Spending Isn't Quite As Bad As The Other Party's Wasteful Spending!"

That's pretty much the Republican Party mantra these days.

Are you comparing needlessly holding a taxpayer funded campaign event to trying to provide healthcare?

Ive cared before and continue to care and will point out such wasteful spending.  Especially the hypocrisy of Trump after all of his complaints.
It's good for Morale.

I wonder if they’ll start arresting people in the crowd who don’t clap hard enough just like his bff KJU?  It’s always interesting to watch one of KJU events, a group of people seeing who can clap the hardest.  

The parade responses are so classic.  You would think Trump is going to step out onto a stage wearing a chest full of medals like Gaddafi the way the left is characterizing this.  :lmao:
Or like Sherriff Clarke used to...when he was a darling of the GOP?

He wants a bog parade with tanks and weapons on display...the characterizations are exactly what he described.

When they lost the election. They will rejoice in spending if they win in 2020 and the Rs will then complain. That's how it works.
False...it was before that.  Spending?  Nit all no.  That people wonder why people are ok with spending in something like healthcare, but not ok with footing the bill for a campaign rally and tanks is amazing...but expected.

Sorry buddy but both parties spend like drunken sailors when they get into power. Maybe not for a 'campaign rally' but they do. Just another cry the blues cause you lost the election temper tantrum from the left. Your act is old.

It’s the start of a great tradition that will be around In 2024 when President Haley takes over and 2032 with President AOC.  Not sure how anybody could be against this.
Because its wasteful, pointless, and (other things id call it that would get me a timeout).

It’s the start of a great tradition that will be around In 2024 when President Haley takes over and 2032 with President AOC.  Not sure how anybody could be against this.
You specifically want Republican and Democratic Party and campaign involvement in national patriotic events and fundraising around it? Press 4 was the answer I guess.

Without looking at the study details, I would guess that has more to do with predilections of who chooses to go to the parades,rather than being brainwashed by them.;)

But here is your 4th of July trivia; the following from the article has some fallacies.. Adams wrote that about July 2 being a day of celebration.. The vote on the Declaration of Independence was on July 2nd, with adoption taking place on the 4th. Document was signed in August.

---->   On July 3, 1776, he wrote that the Fourth "ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward, forevermore."

Anybody remember the thread that was lost in the shuffle a few years ago about the Harvard Study they showed 4th of July parades make people support Republicans?  It all makes sense now why Democrats would be against this.

Here it is-

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/07/july-4th-july-fourth-parade-fireworks-republicans.html
I love 4th on the Mall. The event happens every year. And it’s not the money. The problem is converting public resources to private use, which is different.

Without looking at the study details, I would guess that has more to do with predilections of who chooses to go to the parades,rather than being brainwashed by them.;)

But here is your 4th of July trivia; the following from the article has some fallacies.. Adams wrote that about July 2 being a day of celebration.. The vote on the Declaration of Independence was on July 2nd, with adoption taking place on the 4th. Document was signed in August.

---->   On July 3, 1776, he wrote that the Fourth "ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward, forevermore."
Ooh no you didn't!!

Anybody remember the thread that was lost in the shuffle a few years ago about the Harvard Study they showed 4th of July parades make people support Republicans?  It all makes sense now why Democrats would be against this.

Here it is-

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/07/july-4th-july-fourth-parade-fireworks-republicans.html
It’s undeniable that there is a lot more patriotism and Pro-American vibe in the air the last 2 4ths of July.  

I hope the networks are covering this important parade.  

What’s the deal with Liz Warren wanting to bust up all the big tech companies?  Doesn’t she know these people are actively shadow banning, censuring and deplatforming people on the other side who are disagree with her?  This seems like a very bizarre way to treat people who are helping you.  

Here it is-

I think the author of the study was talking more about typical republicans and not this makeup wearing guy who backs down on threats, talks glowingly about his love letters with types like Kim Jong, defers to dictators, and is afraid of the press.

Libs have nothing to worry about. 

Ooh no you didn't!!
Just when you think you've made a nice, non-partisan holiday post....  ;)

What’s the deal with Liz Warren wanting to bust up all the big tech companies?  Doesn’t she know these people are actively shadow banning, censuring and deplatforming people on the other side who are disagree with her?  This seems like a very bizarre way to treat people who are helping you.  
How do you consume as much propaganda as you do?  Amazing.

How do you consume as much propaganda as you do?  Amazing.
Google Executive Jen Gennai

“Elizabeth Warren is saying we should break up Google. And I love her but she's very misguided, like that will not make it better, it will make it worse, because all these smaller companies who don't have the same resources that we do will be charged with preventing the next Trump situation, it's like a small company cannot do that.”

“Elizabeth Warren is saying we should break up Google. And I love her but she's very misguided, like that will not make it better, it will make it worse, because all these smaller companies who don't have the same resources that we do will be charged with preventing the next Trump situation, it's like a small company cannot do that.”
Can't see urbanhack getting up from that knockdown.

According to what?  Because of i look up that quote it only brings up stuff from project Veritas again.

Senator Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts Democrat who is bidding to be the policy pacesetter in the Democratic presidential primary, championed another expansive idea on Friday evening in front of a crowd of thousands in Queens: a regulatory plan aimed at breaking up some of America’s largest tech companies, including Amazon, Google, Apple and Facebook.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiqmeuGx5fjAhVSmeAKHb4UDX4QzPwBegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2019%2F03%2F08%2Fus%2Fpolitics%2Felizabeth-warren-amazon.html&psig=AOvVaw2iFD9erdMeE6EkdZQpfro_&ust=1562202258690084

Just Google it man. I have no interest in doing the work for links that you're going to immediately dismiss without reading. 

Pro tip, it will all be page 1 results 
I dod and there is only one link to the CEO and its an article talking about a Veritas thing...excise me that i dint take what Okeefe says or an article about and Okeefe produces as anything factual.

In addition when you make a claim about something with a quite, its expected you would actually link to where it came from.  When people don't, usually its because they are trying to hide that they got it from what amounts to a bogus source like Okeefe.  

And work?  Yeah, you probably should do the work rather than get exposed like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread