What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (9 Viewers)

A sentiment from Twitter 

ROE V. WADE OVERTURNED
This weeks SCOTUS rulings cement this truth: Trump one of most pivotal, greatest political leaders in modern American history. These are his SCOTUS pics. Never Trumpers/Woke Christians? Eat your heart out. You lose. You’re on wrong side of history after all
This person is being a serious ballbag with these comments. Pure trash from Twitter that is emblematic of why we are where we are with modern politics.

This person is being a serious ballbag with these comments. Pure trash from Twitter that is emblematic of why we are where we are with modern politics.
I keep looking at the likes like Jerry Lewis looked at the tote board on Labor Day. My regular account never gained traction like this

I will always preface any 1/6 discussion with the well known voting discrepancies reported in many battleground states.  It’s part of the story that got us to the events of that day. 
Sidney Powell's legal defense: "No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact"

@PapiTrumpo aka Father Trump weighing in on todays news

Whoever came up with the name "Trigger Law" is an Absolute GENIUS!!! ALL LIBS ARE TRIGGERED!!!

A sentiment from Twitter 

ROE V. WADE OVERTURNED
This weeks SCOTUS rulings cement this truth: Trump one of most pivotal, greatest political leaders in modern American history. These are his SCOTUS pics. Never Trumpers/Woke Christians? Eat your heart out. You lose. You’re on wrong side of history after all
That is a pretty terrible statement to claim others are in the wrong side of history to those supporting Trump.   Really really awful.

And credit of course not given to McConnell who made it all possible for Trump to get to nominate 3 justices…as if it was somehow Trump who made it possible.

What did you think of Pelosi s this Morning?
Had not heard it til now as Im up at a lake house with spotty coverage and spent most of the day helping get it ready for a large gathering tomorrow. 
But just read the written statement…what is your issue with it…that she said Democrats will keep fighting ferociously?

AOCs comments about taking it to the street was far worse.

None of which, of course, has anything to do with my post you quoted.  Just a bad whataboutism as usual.

Cool.  Let's play.   Your turn ....go.
I’m not in the business of posting BS to support an agenda. I don’t have one other than you all are full of ####…….especially those that think you know everything. 

But  honestly, you can search YouTube as you did for this one to find slip up like these for every president in your lifetime.  There are an abundance for Bush and Trump alike. 

OMG I hope she misspoke  :(

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1540852015693037568 (Video clip at link)

Miller:

President Trump… I want to thank you for the historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court yesterday
I doubt it was a mistake  

Per Wikipedia:

”On January 5, 2021, two days into her House term, Miller issued a prepared speech to the conservative group Moms for America. She quoted Adolf Hitler, saying: "Each generation has the responsibility to teach and train the next generation. You know, if we win a few elections, we're still going to be losing unless we win the hearts and minds of our children. This is the battle. Hitler was right on one thing: he said, 'Whoever has the youth has the future.”

I doubt it was a mistake  

Per Wikipedia:

”On January 5, 2021, two days into her House term, Miller issued a prepared speech to the conservative group Moms for America. She quoted Adolf Hitler, saying: "Each generation has the responsibility to teach and train the next generation. You know, if we win a few elections, we're still going to be losing unless we win the hearts and minds of our children. This is the battle. Hitler was right on one thing: he said, 'Whoever has the youth has the future.”

From the Twitters:

A spokesperson for Representative Mary Miller says she misread remarks at a rally with Donald Trump on Saturday, where she meant to credit the former president for the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade in a victory for ‘right to life,’ not ‘white life’

Now imagine a black congressperson said '' historic victory for black life'' 

The horror 

I am sure many probably said something to that effect after the Brown v. Board of Education decision was handed down by SCOTUS.  Context is everything. 

I am sure many probably said something to that effect after the Brown v. Board of Education decision was handed down by SCOTUS.  Context is everything. 
In the United States, the abortion rate for black women is almost five times that for white women. There`s some context for you. So if black people want to cheer ,they can cheer for less abortions . That will be a ''historic victory for black life''

In the United States, the abortion rate for black women is almost five times that for white women. There`s some context for you. So if black people want to cheer ,they can cheer for less abortions . That will be a ''historic victory for black life''
Wow.

Not according to this Op-Ed: article from L.A.Times:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2022-06-24/black-women-abortion-roe-v-wade-maternal-mortality

Op-Ed: The end of Roe will be a death sentence for many Black women

For all women in the United States, the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe vs. Wade will reverse half a century of progress in women’s healthcare.

For Black women, this decision represents something even more sinister. For us, losing access to legal abortion could spell the difference between life and death.

That may sound like a melodramatic statement, but it’s not. If the past is any guide, ending the right to abortion will spark a public health crisis for Black women defined by more maternal deaths, higher rates of poverty and greater inequality overall.

That cannot be the promise of America.

Let’s look at the facts. Black women already face significant health and economic disparities. Today the maternal mortality rate is three times as high for Black women as for white women. Black women are more likely to experience maternal health complications, like preeclampsia, than white women. And more than 1 in 5 Black women lives in poverty, compared to around 1 in 10 white women.

And while just 13% of American women are Black, 38% of those receiving abortions are Black.

Moreover, Black Americans are more likely to live in Southern states, where the most restrictive abortion laws will now come into force. In Mississippi, which already bans most abortions after 15 weeks, 74% of women seeking abortions are Black. Meanwhile, in Alabama, which would make it a felony for doctors to perform abortions at any stage of pregnancy, Black women account for 62% of those who receive abortions.

And it is poorly resourced Black women who will most likely face financial barriers to abortion. While more affluent women may have the resources to travel out of state to obtain a safe, legal abortion, that’s less likely to be an option for poorer Black women. Indeed, before Roe, the death rate from illegal abortion was 12 times greater for women of color than for white women. That is the world to which we are returning.

A Black woman in Louisiana or Arkansas, for example, will quite likely have to travel hundreds of miles to Kansas or Illinois to obtain an abortion. That journey means lost wages from taking time off work. It means additional childcare expenses. And it means that it will be harder to put food on the table that month. Consider that nearly 70% of Black women are their families’ breadwinners, compared to just 36% of white women.

In short, for many Black women, the post-Roe cost of getting an abortion will simply be too high. The paradox is that most women who choose to have an abortion do so for economic reasons. And when they can’t obtain one, the financial consequences can be severe. Women who are denied an abortion are more likely to live in poverty six months after giving birth, more likely to still be in poverty four years later, and less likely to be employed full time after the same period.

[...]

Not according to this Op-Ed: article from L.A.Times:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2022-06-24/black-women-abortion-roe-v-wade-maternal-mortality

Op-Ed: The end of Roe will be a death sentence for many Black women

For all women in the United States, the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe vs. Wade will reverse half a century of progress in women’s healthcare.

For Black women, this decision represents something even more sinister. For us, losing access to legal abortion could spell the difference between life and death.

That may sound like a melodramatic statement, but it’s not. If the past is any guide, ending the right to abortion will spark a public health crisis for Black women defined by more maternal deaths, higher rates of poverty and greater inequality overall.

That cannot be the promise of America.

Let’s look at the facts. Black women already face significant health and economic disparities. Today the maternal mortality rate is three times as high for Black women as for white women. Black women are more likely to experience maternal health complications, like preeclampsia, than white women. And more than 1 in 5 Black women lives in poverty, compared to around 1 in 10 white women.

And while just 13% of American women are Black, 38% of those receiving abortions are Black.

Moreover, Black Americans are more likely to live in Southern states, where the most restrictive abortion laws will now come into force. In Mississippi, which already bans most abortions after 15 weeks, 74% of women seeking abortions are Black. Meanwhile, in Alabama, which would make it a felony for doctors to perform abortions at any stage of pregnancy, Black women account for 62% of those who receive abortions.

And it is poorly resourced Black women who will most likely face financial barriers to abortion. While more affluent women may have the resources to travel out of state to obtain a safe, legal abortion, that’s less likely to be an option for poorer Black women. Indeed, before Roe, the death rate from illegal abortion was 12 times greater for women of color than for white women. That is the world to which we are returning.

A Black woman in Louisiana or Arkansas, for example, will quite likely have to travel hundreds of miles to Kansas or Illinois to obtain an abortion. That journey means lost wages from taking time off work. It means additional childcare expenses. And it means that it will be harder to put food on the table that month. Consider that nearly 70% of Black women are their families’ breadwinners, compared to just 36% of white women.

In short, for many Black women, the post-Roe cost of getting an abortion will simply be too high. The paradox is that most women who choose to have an abortion do so for economic reasons. And when they can’t obtain one, the financial consequences can be severe. Women who are denied an abortion are more likely to live in poverty six months after giving birth, more likely to still be in poverty four years later, and less likely to be employed full time after the same period.

[...]
I blame the men that dont stay with the mother and kids based on that article 

Banning abortions equals fewer abortions?   
Or how about when abortion rights are limited, it does not lower the number of abortions…but the number of safe abortions?  
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/search/research-news/3415/

Your reaction would probably be expressing the same amount of outrage you did when Trump rudely pushed past Montenegro PM at NATO (which is to say none at all).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iimj0j4NYME
Squid so you’re comparing adults to a child. C’mon man! I know you’re team blue waiving to pompoms but this is ridiculous. Lame excuse from the Pelosi camp . Very bad look .

and btw I’m not clicking some random youtube link

Squid so you’re comparing adults to a child. C’mon man! I know you’re team blue waiving to pompoms but this is ridiculous. Lame excuse from the Pelosi camp . Very bad look .

and btw I’m not clicking some random youtube link

I am not @squidrope and he has expressed in a recent post that he does not wish to be confused with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard this dude just John Wick'd a whole limo of SS agents. Broke through security glass, choked out the driver, commandeered the vehicle, stole a pistol and started shooting Russians. 

I heard this dude just John Wick'd a whole limo of SS agents. Broke through security glass, choked out the driver, commandeered the vehicle, stole a pistol and started shooting Russians. 
That is how Trump would portray it if he could. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread