What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump's New Year's Message to the PSF (1 Viewer)

NFL2DF

Footballguy
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE HATERS AND THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA! 2019 WILL BE A FANTASTIC YEAR FOR THOSE NOT SUFFERING FROM TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME. JUST CALM DOWN AND ENJOY THE RIDE, GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING FOR OUR COUNTRY!
:lmao:  @realDonaldTrump

God bless this man, the best thing to happen to America since Teddy Roosevelt.

In the New Year I hope the 99% here who live in daily rage and conspiracy can heed Trump's message. Life is good. Turn off CNN. Turn off twitter. Get your sanity back, get your health back, get your happiness back. Nobody outside of internet forums and twitter bots cares about the fake hysteria.

Fake news is like cancer, it destroys people's minds and bodies. 

Hope you all have a great New Year and free yourselves of the self induced TDS!

2019 is going to be a great year for America. Enjoy the ride!

In 2018 people stepped up and showed up like never before. Keep it up in 2019. We’ve got a lot of work to do, and I’ll be right there with you. Happy New Year, everybody!

#leadership #oneoftheseisnotliketheother

In 2018 people stepped up and showed up like never before. Keep it up in 2019. We’ve got a lot of work to do, and I’ll be right there with you. Happy New Year, everybody!

#leadership #oneoftheseisnotliketheother
NOT ENOUGH CAPITAL LETTERS, IMO

VERY SMALL LETTERS.  I USE THE BIGGEST LETTERS.  MAYBE THE BIGGEST LETTERS IN THE HISTORY OF THIS COUNTRY

In the New Year I hope the 99% here who live in daily rage and conspiracy can heed Trump's message. Life is good. Turn off CNN. Turn off twitter. Get your sanity back, get your health back, get your happiness back. Nobody outside of internet forums and twitter bots cares about the fake hysteria.

I’m relatively happy, all things considered. There’s really only one guy I know who lives “in a daily rage and conspiracy” as you put it, complaining and whining incessantly on a daily basis on the Internet, and it’s the guy you quoted. 

It's like he was tweeting directly to this political sub forum.  Good stuff.

I’m relatively happy, all things considered. There’s really only one guy I know who lives “in a daily rage and conspiracy” as you put it, complaining and whining incessantly on a daily basis on the Internet, and it’s the guy you quoted. 
Good for you. You do seem like a well adjusted human, despite your slight TDS. You handle it better than the other lawyers here.

Trump fans have been making this same argument for two years: “you guys worry too much, relax!” Even if there had been any merit to it before, it’s kind of hard to sustain when the government is shutdown, the market is failing, and a recession looks to be on the way. 

But the other hand, in a way you’re right. The truth is now that Trump has been completely rebuked by the voting public, now that your views have proven to be unpopular and marginalized, I feel like I can relax a little more: Congress will no longer be a doormat for the President’s incompetence. I really  CAN enjoy the ride now. 

Trump fans have been making this same argument for two years: “you guys worry too much, relax!” Even if there had been any merit to it before, it’s kind of hard to sustain when the government is shutdown, the market is failing, and a recession looks to be on the way. 

But the other hand, in a way you’re right. The truth is now that Trump has been completely rebuked by the voting public, now that your views have proven to be unpopular and marginalized, I feel like I can relax a little more: Congress will no longer be a doormat for the President’s incompetence. I really  CAN enjoy the ride now. 
A recession does not look to be on the way.  My theory for the recent stock selloff is Trump haters are selling because they incorrectly believe a recession is imminent.

A recession does not look to be on the way.  My theory for the recent stock selloff is Trump haters are selling because they incorrectly believe a recession is imminent.
Well I hope you’re right about the first part. I certainly don’t want to see a recession no matter what the political impact. 

As to your theory, if you’re right that’s a heck of a lot of Trump haters...

Yes the recent trends in the stock market are likely due to “trump haters” instead of policy or trade wars or anything like that. What a ridiculous thing to say.
I do this for a living so I am very well versed in this.  Yes, of course Fed policy and trade war are the biggest reason for the recent market volatility.  However, the irrational panic selling we saw in December seems to be people pricing in a recession on 2019 which seems extremely unlikely.  GDP growth at 2% in 2019 instead of 3% in 2018 is still growth.  

I do this for a living so I am very well versed in this.  Yes, of course Fed policy and trade war are the biggest reason for the recent market volatility.  However, the irrational panic selling we saw in December seems to be people pricing in a recession on 2019 which seems extremely unlikely.  GDP growth at 2% in 2019 instead of 3% in 2018 is still growth.  
No offense but if you do this for a living and you’re blaming Trump haters for the sell off then you cannot be very good at what you do. 

Sorry, you do what for a living?

No offense but if you do this for a living and you’re blaming Trump haters for the sell off then you cannot be very good at what you do. 
I am very good at what I do, thanks.  Let me rephrase, people are incorrectly thinking a recession is imminent and selling accordingly.  I believe Trump haters have been looking for any reason to sell and are getting emotional. 

After Trump got elected the left leaning media assumed the stock market would crash.  It didn't make any sense to me since Trump would push for tax cuts and derugulations which brings growth.  It went down the first day before sharply reversing course.  

The bar is set a lot lower in 2019, earnings forecasts are down, Fed has said they intend to hike twice in 2019, trade war is still in place with March deadline for more tariffs.  

History has shown the Fed can very easily change course.  It wouldn't surprise me to see the Fed not increase in 2019 or perhaps only once.  Trump could also come to a deal with China.  Bar is much lower for earnings starting in January.  All of these are possible catalysts for the market.

Or are you saying that suggesting funds for your clients to invest in as part of their retirement accounts is part of your job?

I guess it doesn’t really matter. 

In my experience, good financial planners (and I have no doubt you are a very good one) don’t try to predict when the next recession will come as a professional development tactic, they base their advice on truly long term goals of the client and how to get a good result no matter what the economy throws at them over time. Which is why most suggest moving into safer investments with low risk the closer their clients get to retirement.  Save the risk for the younger folks since it will eventually turn around no matter what. 

Personally choosing and trading stocks is a big part of your job? That sounds way beyond being a CFP. 
Yes.  Quite a few of my clients like to trade individual stocks and I work for a major wirehouse and need to be well versed in individual stocks.  

Yes.  Quite a few of my clients like to trade individual stocks and I work for a major wirehouse and need to be well versed in individual stocks.  
That’s great.  And I don’t mean to be obtuse, it sounds like you’re saying you personally are picking stocks. Right? Not just executing what your client wants to do. 

If only Donald would follow all this advice. Dude does all this in spades.

Oh and the Teddy Roosevelt comment  :lol:  Guy is going to get bounced so hard in 2 years if he can make it that far.

I guess it doesn’t really matter. 

In my experience, good financial planners (and I have no doubt you are a very good one) don’t try to predict when the next recession will come as a professional development tactic, they base their advice on truly long term goals of the client and how to get a good result no matter what the economy throws at them over time. Which is why most suggest moving into safer investments with low risk the closer their clients get to retirement.  Save the risk for the younger folks since it will eventually turn around no matter what. 
Agreed.  Let me be clear, I almost never talk politics with my clients.  Although I would estimate 80%-90% lean right as they will bring up politics to me. I never base recommendations on politics and do comprehensive financial planning based on their assets, income, goals, age, risk tolerance, etc.

Asset allocation is key and much more important than individual stock selection.  My biggest job, aside from creating a retirement plan, is trying to take the emotion out of it for my clients so they aren't the ones selling in December or buying in late January 2018.

That’s great.  And I don’t mean to be obtuse, it sounds like you’re saying you personally are picking stocks. Right? Not just executing what your client wants to do. 
Yes, the majority are my recommendations although I do have some clients that pick ones they like and ask for my opinion.

Agreed.  Let me be clear, I almost never talk politics with my clients.  Although I would estimate 80%-90% lean right as they will bring up politics to me. I never base recommendations on politics and do comprehensive financial planning based on their assets, income, goals, age, risk tolerance, etc.

Asset allocation is key and much more important than individual stock selection.  My biggest job, aside from creating a retirement plan, is trying to take the emotion out of it for my clients so they aren't the ones selling in December or buying in late January 2018.
Right. And that, in my opinion, is what likely makes you a very good financial planner.  Emphasis on planning. Because while I know you have a theory on the sell off, the goal for your business as I understand it is to make those kinds of sell offs meaningless to your clients so that they’re not in the position of “Oh, God, if I get this wrong my kids don’t go to college.”

Thanks, didn’t know up until now what you do for a living. 

Wait....about 30 months ago a certain presidential candidate was telling me that 3% GDP growth was a bad thing. Now I have to accept that 2% is a good thing?

Wait....about 30 months ago a certain presidential candidate was telling me that 3% GDP growth was a bad thing. Now I have to accept that 2% is a good thing?
Obama never had 3% GDP growth in his 8 years in office, a dubious feat that has never happened before.  Trump likely gets 3% GDP growth in his second year.  

I didn't say 2% was a good thing, I said it is still a ways away from negative and thus a recession.

Yep, you let the Dems take back the House and here we go. 

A prosperous 2019 to all.....Life is good. Take a deep breath and enjoy. 

Obama never had 3% GDP growth in his 8 years in office, a dubious feat that has never happened before.  Trump likely gets 3% GDP growth in his second year.  

I didn't say 2% was a good thing, I said it is still a ways away from negative and thus a recession.
You better add annual growth otherwise you are posting the same falsehood about Obama and the GDP that Trump pushed.

It's 2019 people - you really need to have Noonan and NFL2DTFDJT on ignore by now.
No offense intended but why don't you just stay out of the thread if you don't like it?   Noonan isn't trolling anyone here and is trying to have a discussion.  You may or may not agree with him but damn these threads get old with the trolling schtick begging others to ignore people.

No offense intended but why don't you just stay out of the thread if you don't like it?   Noonan isn't trolling anyone here and is trying to have a discussion.  You may or may not agree with him but damn these threads get old with the trolling schtick begging others to ignore people.
If you don't agree with someone, just add to the ignore list!  

Users who are viewing this thread