What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trust in Pierce and FBG rankings? (1 Viewer)

BlackHole

Footballguy
I've searched and might have missed a topic covering this, if so, sorry. I'm struggling with decisions around Pierce. I'm guessing many Pierce owners are in similar situations. We either drafted him late as a flyer or got him on the waiver wire. Either way, he is a supplemental/pleasant addition to many strong teams starting lineups. Now, if like me, you already have some good RB's/WR's, you are now in position of having to trust in his potential again and sit some stellar players, or sit him when he has a good match up to "start your studs". In 20+ years of FF I've stayed true to start your studs and stick with those that brought you. Since Pierce helped bring me here, do I sit a stud for him this week? I won't say my player(s) I'm considering sitting, that'd be a WDIS assistant coach thread. I will say, sitting a Gio, Foster, R. Bush, Lynch feels crazy to me. But here I am,as I'm guessing many of you are, having to consider the match ups (Foster v SEA, Lynch v Hou), situations (Bush coming back and Bell taking touches) and FBG rankings (Bernard is ranked above all I listed in a few staffers rankings..not all). Do we really sit a stud and risk playing Pierce? I am leaning heavily towards it. I don't think Rice will go and if he does it will probably be extremely limited. Anyone else sitting a stud to play Pierce? If I was swinging for the fences and in desperation, I'd have no issues starting Pierce over one of those studs. But being in the thick of things and having a turning point game makes it a crazy decision for me. Back to your regular programing.

You're prob gonna take some flack for this post bc it is flirting w a WDIS, but I think the never bench your studs, while typically valid, isn't as strong as 5 years ago. Statistics and measurable information is way more relevant than back then. If it wasn't, then rankings would never deviate. I think you never bench you're studs is a starting pt, but I wouldn't be scared to take educated risks. No, I wouldn't bench AP or the likes, but when you get into those 10-18 ranked RBs you need to look at the upcoming game.

Rice playing and starting makes the choice much easier now. Pierce still a good play for those teams with Bye issues or average choices at flex though.

Users who are viewing this thread