What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tua... rib bruises and the 'Mess in Miami'? (1 Viewer)

Runnyb

Footballguy
Not asking Who Do I Start. I want the expert poster opinions here like MoP. Does anyone really see him lighting it up this weekend? The whole team seems a disaster (fins fan here that follows em on forums and ignores the entire fins subreddit and the kids comments).

Early game in London, what the hell is going to happen on Sunday? I honestly could see him being pulled for Brissett despite how awful Jacoby was (blame the line, the dual OCs, Flores, Ross or whatever). Just looking for an unbiased, neutral and non-dolphins fan perspective on this situation. I saw the rankings, I am a premium subscriber for 15 years now. Surprised at where he is currently ranked in the FBG avg.

Please just move or delete this if this post is totally Assistant Coach material. I didn't see any Tua discussion (probably because not many play in 2qb leagues I'd guess).

I can see Tua playing alright, but I can't see him "lighting it up". 

Parker and Fuller are out, so he's down some weapons. The running game hasn't been great. He only played in Week 1 against the Patriots, so he'll be rusty. The games overseas always seem a bit wonky. The opponent is a nice matchup.

But, I just don't think everything adds up to Tua having a great game. In fact, I would not be shocked to see the Jags pick up their first victory of the season this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree.  IF Tua is going to have a big week, this is the week I think (depending on how his ribs hold up, of course).

Tua's best game last year was against a very suspect Arizona defense.  248 yards, 2 TDs, and 35 rushing yards.  Now, that being his "best" game is not a high water mark but it is as a serviceable QB for both the NFL and Fantasy.  Jacksonville's Defense is worse, the dolphin Defense has been shaky (at best) so a shootout may happen, and London games are always a little odd.

As a dolphin fan, I do want to see what happens.  Tua is not Brisett (mr checkdown) so he will try to air the ball out a little.

Thanks for the shoutout in the OP up top, appreciate the kind words. 

-I think you can see from the Miami thread how a lot of us feel. Very tricky game and I don't think Waddle can do a lot on his own, has to be the most disappointing skill position guy so far. Pitts had a breakout last week, Waddle has had high volume targets and some receptions but really has done nothing with the football to wow anyone yet. 

-What Miami WR do you trust and want to start this weekend vs Jacksonville, let's start with that. 

-Gesicki is very dicey call with Tua under center, they haven't really been displaying a lot of chemistry between the two of them and Mike has had better games with Jacoby at QB the last 3 weeks. 

-Myles Gaskin gonna haul in another 10 passes? He might have to this week. 

I am not running to put many Dolphins out in my line up, abandoned the Defense a couple weeks ago to upgrade to Arizona, who woulda thought that over the summer? Miami is one of the biggest disappointments this season and continue to show how terrible they are at wasting high draft picks and we are starting to look like the Houston Texans last year...we might only 4-5 games tops this season and Philly has our 1st next year 😪

We have several Miami fans interviewing and auditioning to join other fan bases for different teams. The most popular one at the moment is the LA Chargers who always need more fans and this should land the plane on Miami's season. 

2020 NFL Draft 

1.05 Tua 

1.06 Justin Herbert

I will be printing T-Shirts up with this and selling them on the way into Miami Dolphin homes games the rest of the year.

Cheers!

I disagree.  IF Tua is going to have a big week, this is the week I think (depending on how his ribs hold up, of course).

Tua's best game last year was against a very suspect Arizona defense.  248 yards, 2 TDs, and 35 rushing yards.  Now, that being his "best" game is not a high water mark but it is as a serviceable QB for both the NFL and Fantasy.  Jacksonville's Defense is worse, the dolphin Defense has been shaky (at best) so a shootout may happen, and London games are always a little odd.

As a dolphin fan, I do want to see what happens.  Tua is not Brisett (mr checkdown) so he will try to air the ball out a little.
I don't have Tua, but I did claim Waddle for this game & matchup.

Ive benched Gaskin for AJ Brown in my flex.

My TE depth is a disaster behind Gesicki. Its basically him or Uzomah for me.

Bascially to get back on post, this team is going the wrong way and I think Tue is going to compound that.

Users who are viewing this thread