What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tua Tagovailoa or Derek Carr - Wk 3 - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
Trying to decide this week's starter. 6 point Passing TD, otherwise standard QB scoring.

Tua Tagovailoa - home vs Bills (Bills played Monday night)
Derek Carr - at Titans (Titans played Monday night)

Normally the Bills D would make Tua a sit, even after last week's blowup. BUT, the Bills D is mangled this week. The Bills will be starting 2 rookie corners against Hill and Waddle.

Players that are OUT
CB Tre White - still out on PUP
CB Dane Jackson - Out due to horrific neck injury last week, (although he is up and walking around and Bills have not placed him on IR, so he should return this season)
S Micah Hyde - on IR due to his own neck injury, expected to be season ending - huge loss to the D
DT Ed Oliver - Out due to Ankle
DT Jordan Phillips - Out due to Hamstring

Players that are Questionable
S Jordan Poyer - Questionable due to foot injury. LP on Wed, DNP on Thu, LP on Friday - probably a game time decision - Report Poyer is OUT
DT Tim Settle - Questionable due to Calf, LP all 3 days this week

BUT, the Dolphins put their starting RT on IR last week, and their LT Terron Armstead has a Toe injury and DNP all week, will be a game time decision. He played with the same injury last week so I expect him to play.

So I think for Tua, it comes down to can he get the ball out quick enough before the Bills pass rush gets there. Both Hill and Waddle have the speed to score on short slants due to YAC, but I don't expect deep shots to work against Bills Cover 2 zone, especially if they never blitz (they didn't blitz once against Stafford and got a bunch of sacks).

Titans secondary got roasted by Stefon Diggs, and Davante Adams should be able to do the same thing. Hunter Renfrow is out due to concussion, so one less weapon for Carr (although the Bills didn't seem to mind missing Gabe Davis against the same Titans secondary). RB Josh Jacobs is also highly questionable with an illness, and did not travel with the team to Tennessee.

Weather report
Miami - 88F, Humid and Partly Cloudy - visiting team sits on the sunny side of the field
Nashville - 78F Partly Cloudy

Leave a link and thanks!

ETA - Poyer is presumed to be OUT

Last edited:
I don’t love either. But being a bills fan, and following the team closely I think the next man up effect is going to be at least half way decent. I’d shy away from Tua despite the weapons. JA17 TORCHED THE TITANS Monday night as their secondary were just OWNED. I think Carr is a safe bet for 25 points.

Tua ceiling is probably 30…but his more likely floor is probably 18-20 FP’s.

Thanks for mine and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread