What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TV Guys - Seeking a TV with Great sound (1 Viewer)

wilked

Footballguy
Looking for a TV, likely in the range of 50" or so. Want to have great sound without a receiver / etc. Basically looking at either TV with great integrated sound, or TV plus Soundbar. If it's the latter, I want full integration - Soundbar mounted directly below the TV, all wires will be hidden (I will snake through wall if needed), and I want one remote (ie the TV remote controls the soundbar volume). I don't want a soundbar remote, I just want the soundbar to be an extension of the TV speakers.

Tried googling this, not the easiest thing to google. Any recommendations? I am thinking that if I get say an LG TV and an LG soundbar this integration will be there (but I'm not sure).

Thanks!

Should have mentioned. Not looking to spend a ton, def less than a G 

the above looks good tho! 

Ok I’m learning a bit

seems what I really need is just a sound bar. I had one a while back but the integration sucked (it was a Visio and it was like 10 years ago). Sounds like the new ones integrate much better. 

hearing Yamaha, Polk, and ZVox are the main players. 

As good as the picture has gotten over the years it seems like they spend nothing on interior speakers and you almost have to buy a soundbar.  My dad had an old 25" console in a full wood cabinet that sounded great in comparison.

Ok I’m learning a bit

seems what I really need is just a sound bar. I had one a while back but the integration sucked (it was a Visio and it was like 10 years ago). Sounds like the new ones integrate much better. 

All my AV guys...that's the first thing they do, especially if there's no surround sound. 

Ok I’m learning a bit

I've had mixed results.  Vizio (with Samsung TV) in basement not always integrated, have had problems.  Samsung (with Samsung TV) in family room is completely integrated, control it with DirecTV remote.  Samsung (with Samsung TV) in bedroom requires a separate remote.  Don't ask me why.

I've had mixed results.  Vizio (with Samsung TV) in basement not always integrated, have had problems.  Samsung (with Samsung TV) in family room is completely integrated, control it with DirecTV remote.  Samsung (with Samsung TV) in bedroom requires a separate remote.  Don't ask me why.
This is my worry 

wife wants simplicity (suppose I do too but her more) and will not trade simplicity for good sound 

As good as the picture has gotten over the years it seems like they spend nothing on interior speakers and you almost have to buy a soundbar.  My dad had an old 25" console in a full wood cabinet that sounded great in comparison.
there just isn’t room in a flat panel for good speakers unless you essentially integrate something like a sound bar in it.

Ok I’m learning a bit

Look for a TV and Sound bar that have Digital Audio Connectors (Sometimes called TOSLink). Basically a fiber optic cable, good for audio. I use it to connect my Vizio TV and my LG sound bar. Never had issues with integration, and my equipment is at least 5 years old.

Looking for a TV, likely in the range of 50" or so. Want to have great sound without a receiver / etc. Basically looking at either TV with great integrated sound, or TV plus Soundbar. If it's the latter, I want full integration - Soundbar mounted directly below the TV, all wires will be hidden (I will snake through wall if needed), and I want one remote (ie the TV remote controls the soundbar volume). I don't want a soundbar remote, I just want the soundbar to be an extension of the TV speakers.

Tried googling this, not the easiest thing to google. Any recommendations? I am thinking that if I get say an LG TV and an LG soundbar this integration will be there (but I'm not sure).

Thanks!
Soundbar is the next best thing for surround if you dont want wires. I got a Harmon Kardon. The simulated surround is great. You dont have to worry about them being integrated, it's a simple wire from an out on the TV to the in on the soundbar (plus power cables).  Sub woofers are wireless usually. 

Users who are viewing this thread