What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TV Show Bracket (1 Viewer)

There is no way that Seinfeld vs Cheers is a first round matchup.  They should both be #1 seeds or at least #2 seeds if you needed to put a drama or two in the top 4 spots.  That was terrible seeding. 
They say it's ranked by viewers picks.  I'm not sure who the viewers were and what the demographic is.  I had MASH winning it all.

They say it's ranked by viewers picks.  I'm not sure who the viewers were and what the demographic is.  I had MASH winning it all.
I had Seinfeld winning it all but I would have had Cheers in the final 4 easily over the other choices.  It was a shame I had to pick one of them in the first round because I am usually swinging back and forth between the two as my favorite show of all time.  Right now I am leaning Seinfeld but I haven't seen a Cheers episode in quite some time.  My guess is that they probably haven't aged very well so I lean towards Seinfeld. 

I had Seinfeld winning it all but I would have had Cheers in the final 4 easily over the other choices.  It was a shame I had to pick one of them in the first round because I am usually swinging back and forth between the two as my favorite show of all time.  Right now I am leaning Seinfeld but I haven't seen a Cheers episode in quite some time.  My guess is that they probably haven't aged very well so I lean towards Seinfeld. 
I was trying to pick based on what I thought were considered the most popular shows of all time, not just the shows I like the most.  Seinfeld, The Office, MASH and Friends would be my final four if it was just based on my opinion.

I came down to Seinfeld vs. Breaking Bad in the final.  My 2 favorites shows of all time - I almost just closed the browser and didn’t pick.  It’s like making me pick which of my kids I love the most.  Impossible.  I finally voted based on two things - longevity and I value comedy over drama.  Like the crazy guy in Mary Poppins, I love to laugh.

MASH is too old school - all these young kids today no nothing about it or get its humor.

It's a Big Bang World my friends

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Who in 21st Century drama - when the show has been on since TV was invented.

MASH is too old school - all these young kids today no nothing about it or get its humor.

It's a Big Bang World my friends
I'm 35 and watch MASH almost every day.  It's one of my favorite shows.  I know I'm not real young but that's still a show that was on TV before I was born.

I just rewatched all of Cheers on Netflix recently. It holds up. In fact to me it holds up better than Seinfeld - so I actually picked Cheers in Round 1 (agree they should not have matched up that early though).

I had the Simpsons, The Office, Breaking Bad, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer in my final four with Breaking Bad beating The Office in the final.

Probably should have had Seinfeld or Cheers instead of the Simpsons in there as I stopped watching Homer years ago. Got staying power though. Was never into many of the police procedurals or the hospital ones for that matter.

final 4 

Seinfeld v Scrubs

Rockford Files v Breaking Bad

Seinfeld over Breaking Bad in the final mostly for longevity & consistency (to me).

Wow, there are 7 or 8 of the 20th century comedies that would beat every one of the 21st century options.  21st century comedy is an awful bracket.

Seinfeld vs Breaking Bad in the final... BB wins by a hair.

Why is Get Smart with the dramas?
Doesn't make much sense, but I had it winning that region...I loved that show.  I wish there was room in the final four for All in the Family

Are people missing that the goal is to guess which was most popular based on a survey that they did of DISH subscribers (kind of Family Feud style)?  Or got it, but filling out their favorites because they don't care?

Are people missing that the goal is to guess which was most popular based on a survey that they did of DISH subscribers (kind of Family Feud style)?  Or got it, but filling out their favorites because they don't care?
Looks like they are just filling out their favorites but I think it's interesting to see what everyone's opinions are.

You're right.  I'm not sure why Sopranos didn't make it then.  I guess the people who were surveyed didn't watch the show.  Seems odd.
That entire side should have been HBO shows. Goofy bracket. It’s by Dish, I’m assuming Dish carries HBO, right?  I’ve never had it. 

That entire side should have been HBO shows. Goofy bracket. It’s by Dish, I’m assuming Dish carries HBO, right?  I’ve never had it. 
Agreed.  It has to be an intentional slight.  No Wire, Curb, Six Feet Under, etc  :thumbdown:

Used to. I think they’re actually in a dispute right now, maybe because HBO has ownership ties to DTV via AT&T.

Friends vs Family Guy

West Wing vs Doctor Who

West Wing over Friends

TOp 4 are

West Wing

Buffy

Doctor Who

Friends

Doctor Who had the toughest draw beating a should have been 2 seed in lost, a should have been 2 seed in house,  a should have been 2 seed in dexter, and should have been 2 seed in the walking dead. 

Giligan's Island over The Simpsons?

Cheers over Seinfeld?

ER over West Wing?

I'm out...
I have no issue with Cheers beating Seinfeld, that's a toss up. 

Simpsons must have pulled a hammy or something, Gilligan is trash. 

I can see ER over West wing. 

I actually enjoyed how I met your mother but it only has longevity over arrested development.

Lost over Dr Who was the biggest upset 

I have no issue with Cheers beating Seinfeld, that's a toss up. 

Simpsons must have pulled a hammy or something, Gilligan is trash. 

I can see ER over West wing. 

I actually enjoyed how I met your mother but it only has longevity over arrested development.

Lost over Dr Who was the biggest upset 
Not that I think many of the voters gave it much thought but Arrested Development fell apart after season 2. 

Users who are viewing this thread