What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tweaking The Drop Down Menus On The FBG Site (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
I know several folks have asked about changing the Drop Down menus on the Footballguys site.

I want to change them too. 

But I want to make sure I fully understand what y'all are saying.

Can you let me know exactly what you'd like to see changed and include screen shots?

And what you'd like to see them changed to?

Thanks. 

I mostly use the site on my phone (which is why 93% of my posts have edits) but on the PC they’re definitely a little overbearing.

I think the biggest issue for folks is that it takes over the entire screen.

I understand that a mouse scroll up makes it go away, but it’s not an intuitive thing. Also, it’s automatic as opposed to click-based. The combination can be annoying.

As an “old” I kinda like the large menus. Maybe if one actively clicked to activate the menus as opposed to the automatic drop-down?  

I mostly use the site on my phone (which is why 93% of my posts have edits) but on the PC they’re definitely a little overbearing.

I think the biggest issue for folks is that it takes over the entire screen.

I understand that a mouse scroll up makes it go away, but it’s not an intuitive thing. Also, it’s automatic as opposed to click-based. The combination can be annoying.

As an “old” I kinda like the large menus. Maybe if one actively clicked to activate the menus as opposed to the automatic drop-down?  
THIS. All of this^^^^^^

I know several folks have asked about changing the Drop Down menus on the Footballguys site.

Can you let me know exactly what you'd like to see changed and include screen shots?

Thanks. 
It's a PC/Monitor usage issue only, not mobile. Speaking only for myself, when I'm working on a PC I constantly move my mouse around, and sure enough I cross the drop-down line once in a while and my reading is thoroughly interrrupted by something I have zero interest in viewing. 

What I'd like to see is that the menu remain where it is, but remain inactive until I left-click on it.  Sorry, no screenshot, but surely this is self-evident.

Maybe throw in yoga pants thread and a test forum while you are at it.

EDIT: This thread was my reminder to re-up for the 2022 membership.  Done!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks. 

Joe, To me it is very simple. That blue toolbar at the top of the page should not drop down

when your mouse crosses it. Thank You, If you stop this.

A pox on you and yours if you don't(kidding).

Thanks. 

Dude. Take this to the FFA.

:P

Grigs Allmoon said:
Dude. Take this to the FFA.

:P

Did I kill the thread? I was just joking...  :kicksrock:

Anyway, I'm a 100% desktop user and I've never had even an inkling of an issue with the menus. And, I'm usually pretty opinionated on that sort of thing, being in the web development industry.  :2cents:

Looks like the menu has been tweaked so it only drops down if your mouse goes over the section with the words.

It's a PC/Monitor usage issue only, not mobile. Speaking only for myself, when I'm working on a PC I constantly move my mouse around, and sure enough I cross the drop-down line once in a while and my reading is thoroughly interrrupted by something I have zero interest in viewing. 

What I'd like to see is that the menu remain where it is, but remain inactive until I left-click on it.  Sorry, no screenshot, but surely this is self-evident.
This x a thousand!! 

If you look at how the drop down menus works at fooballguys and compare it to a site like this....

https://www.dpreview.com/

... it's just a world of difference.

Even dpreview could be more concise in a few of the menus but it's just nothing like the abomination of accidentally letting your cursor wander anywhere near "TOOLS" on the FBG website. When it was first implemented I had assumed it was an intended inside joke by the site designer.

It also helps on dpreview if you have chosen a dark reading mode that the drop down menu isn't a stark white screen in your face that covers the entire screen.

Users who are viewing this thread