What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Twitter - Who do you follow? (1 Viewer)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
There might be another thread on this, but I could not find it.  Please merge if it exists...

But, just from a political/news standpoint - who do you follow - and why (what are they good at)?

I am not a big twitter user, but I have a few that I cycle through for various reasons, they are all well known, so no hidden gems:

Kyle Griffin -  MSNBC producer for the Last Word -  he tweets a lot, and is generally good for general news stuff - he is definitely left-leaning, but provides good links to news on a regular basis

Natasha Bertrand  - Atlantic Writer - she covers national security stories, and does some good in-depth reporting on the Mueller investigation, and other stuff

Kasie Hunt - NBC political reporter - I actually started following her in the 2016 cycle - if its a political story, she usually has her own reporting, and links to others

Zoe Tillman - BuzzFeed reporter - Courts and Justice - she is based in DC - anything going in those courts - SC or Manafort or Stone et al - she was usually in the court live tweeting when able.

Phillip Rucker - WaPo - White House - a less prolific, but more centric, version of Griffin, does his own reporting on White House, but also links to Political stories around DC

Nate Silver  - 538 - data - polling - I am a data geek, and have been a fan of Silvers dating back to his early Baseball Prospectus days.  

Sarah Kendzior - I don't know why I follow her - I mostly can't look away - she hosts Gaslit Nation podcast.  As near as I can tell, she is an Midwestern American version of Louis Mensch - but she has the 3rd most followers of any of the above - including at least one FBG staffer...

This is the list of reporters/media that I check on a semi-regular basis for stories or breaking news updates.  There are occasional one-offs where I might follow a link to someone else.

But, who should I add?  Who do you like - and importantly why?

There might be another thread on this, but I could not find it.  Please merge if it exists...

This is the list of reporters/media that I check on a semi-regular basis for stories or breaking news updates.  There are occasional one-offs where I might follow a link to someone else.

But, who should I add?  Who do you like - and importantly why?
There were a couple in the FFA in the days before this forum was created but arguably there should be one here.

Good list, not surprisingly I follow many of the same.

For a slightly different perspective I would suggest adding David Frum, conservative but one of first critics of Trump and the GOP in general in recent years.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum

So, I guess the big take away here is that the "right-leaning" posters here are proud not to be on twitter, while the "left-leaning" posters are embarrassed to say if they are or are not.

As I said, I am not a big twitter connoisseur, so I was hoping to find a few good follows amongst the political junkies here.  (I am not looking for "hot takes", just good journalism)

My twitter is mostly sports, weather, local traffic and local news.  Obviously political garbage gets into my feed because others will retweet stuff but I have zero interest in following someone that is politics first.  I've even blocked sports guy that get too political because I don't really care what side they are on.

My twitter is mostly sports, weather, local traffic and local news.  Obviously political garbage gets into my feed because others will retweet stuff but I have zero interest in following someone that is politics first.  I've even blocked sports guy that get too political because I don't really care what side they are on.
I guess I should say - I don't follow my feed at all.  I pull up twitter in a browser, and will click on links to specific people to get their latest tweets (and I don't follow or respond to any of the comments following the tweet).  I guess I don't really use twitter the way its intended.  :shrug:

Yashir Ali is an early morning tweeter.

Laurence Tribe and Josh Marshall for legal, moral and political perspective. 

Maggie Haberman for confirmation of big stories. Also NYT twitter.

Politicians: Ted Lieu, Trump, Tammy Duckworth.

More legal: Asha Rangappa, Juliette Kayyem, Renato Mariotto, Neal Katyal.

POTUS and a couple of court reporters. Tried some political people, but got swiftly tired of it. Shapiro was probably the longest lasting one.

Mostly sports writers, athletes, teams and radio guys.

Evan McMullen, ICE T is a great follow.  My kids school accounts, friends and family.  The Tennessee Comptroller and the current governor.

And a few of the local weather follows that are great during storms. 

Unfollow Trump - This way I can see Trumps tweets but not follow him. Plus they have all the deleted and modified tweets.

Rachel Held Evans - Good religious writer, not conservative. 

Nature is Amazing - Feel good Animal vids.

Jonah Goldberg  - Wanted to follow a conservative.  Surprisingly, over 50% of his posts about his dogs.  And I agree with some of his political tweets.

Super 70's Sports  - Cause i grew up in the 70's and this guy is hilarious.

Karen Gillan - Because I love me some Amy Pond.

A lot more, but a lot of the ones listed above

There were a couple in the FFA in the days before this forum was created but arguably there should be one here.

Good list, not surprisingly I follow many of the same.

For a slightly different perspective I would suggest adding David Frum, conservative but one of first critics of Trump and the GOP in general in recent years.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum
If you wanted a different perspective, shouldn't you add someone who doesn't constantly criticize Trump and/or the GOP?

Potus 

Potus Jr

Eric T

LaraLea Trump

Sebastian Gorka 

Tim Pool

James Woods

Matt Drudge

Mark Levin

Brandon Straka

The Trump Train

Uncle_Jimbo

Cowboysfan8 said:
If you wanted a different perspective, shouldn't you add someone who doesn't constantly criticize Trump and/or the GOP?
Unnecessary with all the Fox and Trump talking points repeated ad nauseam in this forum every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread