What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Two offers for Caddy in an IDP league (1 Viewer)

willjohnson33

Footballguy
Ok here I go again. I got Caddy with my 1.02 and received the following two offers1.04 2.04 and 2.06 for caddyCaddy/Randy Moss for Edge/Derek Mason (I can probably get them to throw in EJ Henderson)With the first one I lose caddy and gain Arrington and would probably grab a couple of the LB's with my 2.04 and 2.062nd one still seems a little off.12 team dynasty and I believe I am set at WR and QB and DB. I am very weak at DL and LB really makes me nervous. Obviously for RB I pray that Portis/Barber last or that one of the others becomes a starter (Wells or Rhodes) due to injury.Starting requirementsQB/RB/WRx3/TE/FLEX/PK - (basically 2RB/3WR but if nec. RB/4WR is avail)DLx2 LBx2 DBx2 and 2 Flex (most go with 4LB/2DB but sometimes 3/3)DBK.Kennedy/K.Hamlin/T.Kiel/S.Knight/B.Sanders/E.ColemanDLG.Ellis/T.Brayton/R.ColemanLBN.Barnett/V.Hobson/D.Thornton/C.June/D.Williams/T.Lehman/D.Pope/P.Tinoisamo//J.Foreman/N.DiggsQBD.Brees/C.Pennington/C.PalmerRBT.Barber/C.Portis/D.Rhodes/J.Wells/J.Chatman/C.Cobbs/C.Buckhalter/M.MooreTET.Heap/B.WilliamsWRR.Moss/C.Johnson/L.Evans/J.McCareins/R.Curry/D.Henderson/C.MooreI have tried to move some of my DBs but the best offer I have been able to get is a 4th round rookie pick which just seems like too little value but maybe I am off.

I'd do the first deal in a heartbeat. There is dropoff between Caddy and Arrington but picking up the extra picks is worth it IMO. If you look at the draft thread I just posted, 2.04 and 2.06 are gonna be top IDPs (and that's a 16-teamer). You could walk away with Arrington plus some combo of Davis, Ruud, Johnson, Ware, Pool, and/or Thurman. That'd be pretty sweet. :excited:

I'd do the first deal in a heartbeat. There is dropoff between Caddy and Arrington but picking up the extra picks is worth it IMO. If you look at the draft thread I just posted, 2.04 and 2.06 are gonna be top IDPs (and that's a 16-teamer). You could walk away with Arrington plus some combo of Davis, Ruud, Johnson, Ware, Pool, and/or Thurman. That'd be pretty sweet. :excited:
I just got offered McGahee/Lelie/EJ Henderson for Moss/CaddyAny reason not to pull the trigger? Obviously I lose alot with Lelie instead of Moss, but McGahee is huge and I am set as far as RB in my dyasty.

I like the 1st offer (1.04, 2.04 and 2.06 for Williams), too. I don't think I could turn that down.

What about this new offer for Randy Moss? The only reason I am throwing it in here is because EJ is in the deal and while he has sucked so far I figure there is some upside there.

I like the 1st offer (1.04, 2.04 and 2.06 for Williams), too. I don't think I could turn that down.

What about this new offer for Randy Moss? The only reason I am throwing it in here is because EJ is in the deal and while he has sucked so far I figure there is some upside there.

I like the 1st offer (1.04, 2.04 and 2.06 for Williams), too.  I don't think I could turn that down.
I value Caddy a lot more than Lelie and Henderson and I'm not sure if I'd value McGahee that much more than Moss to make up for that.McGahee would definitely improve your RB corps, but you already have two solid starters with Portis and Barber. Arrington or Caddy would make a nice #3 RB for you and having Moss and Johnson at WR each week makes for a very nice starting line-up.

The only trade I'd consider would be the one for Arrington and the draft picks.

I still only like the draft picks offer. As for the most recent offer, you're downgrading bigtime at WR to pick up a questionable LB. I know it's early but FBGs has him as the 4th-best LB (almost 5th-best) in Minnesota (ranked 132). Even if that's off a bit, there are several rookie LBers who should outperform Henderson.Again, with the Caddy for picks deal, you get a good RB prospect and two great IDP prospects.

I still only like the draft picks offer. As for the most recent offer, you're downgrading bigtime at WR to pick up a questionable LB. I know it's early but FBGs has him as the 4th-best LB (almost 5th-best) in Minnesota (ranked 132). Even if that's off a bit, there are several rookie LBers who should outperform Henderson.

Again, with the Caddy for picks deal, you get a good RB prospect and two great IDP prospects.
Agree. The 2 2nd rounders will give you plenty of options. Of all the deals you have posted the draft pick package is by far the best-

In your last thread, I said don't make the deal unless someone overpays. 1.04, 2.04, 2.06 is overpaying. Arrington at 1.04 gives you a RB. While not ranked as high as Caddy, he's close enough. throw in 2.04 and 2.06 and you hae two more quality players. I'd do that ASAP. The other deal Caddy/Moss for McGahee and average stuff doesn't do much. You are trading one very good player (Moss) and a potentially very good player for a very good player (McGahee) and some avereage guys. You can do better than this. And it appears you did. :thumbup:

Ok, now the guy doesn't want to do the deal for both 2nd rounders since he found one of those draft pick compensation charts and it shows the value he gives up is 3700 vs receiving 2600. So he is now offering the following:his 1.04 (arrington) and 2.04 and 2.06 forcaddy and either dj williams or t.lehmanorhis 1.04(arrington) and 2.04 for caddyI have 3.02 in the draft but no 2nd rounder.Thanks again for the thoughts.

In your last thread, I said don't make the deal unless someone overpays. 1.04, 2.04, 2.06 is overpaying. Arrington at 1.04 gives you a RB. While not ranked as high as Caddy, he's close enough. throw in 2.04 and 2.06 and you hae two more quality players. I'd do that ASAP.

The other deal Caddy/Moss for McGahee and average stuff doesn't do much. You are trading one very good player (Moss) and a potentially very good player for a very good player (McGahee) and some avereage guys. You can do better than this. And it appears you did. :thumbup:
Ya, if the pick is 1.05 then no dice.

Ok, now the guy doesn't want to do the deal for both 2nd rounders since he found one of those draft pick compensation charts and it shows the value he gives up is 3700 vs receiving 2600. So he is now offering the following:

his 1.04 (arrington) and 2.04 and 2.06 for

caddy and either dj williams or t.lehman

or

his 1.04(arrington) and 2.04 for caddy

I have 3.02 in the draft but no 2nd rounder.

Thanks again for the thoughts.
Does the dude troll this board? That's a big turnaround. As for the new deals, I can't decide.

In your last thread, I said don't make the deal unless someone overpays.  1.04, 2.04, 2.06 is overpaying.  Arrington at 1.04 gives you a RB.  While not ranked as high as Caddy, he's close enough.  throw in 2.04 and 2.06 and you hae two more quality players.  I'd do that ASAP.

The other deal Caddy/Moss for McGahee and average stuff doesn't do much.  You are trading one very good player (Moss) and a potentially very good player for a very good player (McGahee) and some avereage guys.  You can do better than this.  And it appears you did.  :thumbup:
He doesn't troll this board, he just found a link to draft compensation and actually sent it to me.The pick is not 1.05, it is 1.04 so that I get arrington. I realize he is overpaying with 2.04 and 2.06. As far as 1.04 and 2.04 he is still overpaying (according to the draft chart).

I am thinking that DJ is going to be SB which makes me inclined to go 1.04, 2.04, 2.06 for caddy/DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
In your last thread, I said don't make the deal unless someone overpays. 1.04, 2.04, 2.06 is overpaying. Arrington at 1.04 gives you a RB. While not ranked as high as Caddy, he's close enough. throw in 2.04 and 2.06 and you hae two more quality players. I'd do that ASAP.

The other deal Caddy/Moss for McGahee and average stuff doesn't do much. You are trading one very good player (Moss) and a potentially very good player for a very good player (McGahee) and some avereage guys. You can do better than this. And it appears you did. :thumbup:
He doesn't troll this board, he just found a link to draft compensation and actually sent it to me.The pick is not 1.05, it is 1.04 so that I get arrington. I realize he is overpaying with 2.04 and 2.06. As far as 1.04 and 2.04 he is still overpaying (according to the draft chart).

I am thinking that DJ is going to be SB which makes me inclined to go 1.04, 2.04, 2.06 for caddy/DJ
I was just mentioning 1.05 to make a point. The point being the huge dropoff between 1.04 and 1.05.

Ok, now the guy doesn't want to do the deal for both 2nd rounders since he found one of those draft pick compensation charts and it shows the value he gives up is 3700 vs receiving 2600. So he is now offering the following:

his 1.04 (arrington) and 2.04 and 2.06 for

caddy and either dj williams or t.lehman

or

his 1.04(arrington) and 2.04 for caddy

I have 3.02 in the draft but no 2nd rounder.

Thanks again for the thoughts.
I liked the original deal, but I guess that was too rich for his blood. Option A doesn't seem to make much sense to me considering your LB's.

Option B is OK, but I guess it depends on how you feel about Caddy V JJ. I think you lose quite a bit on the RB exchange, but you get a nice IDP guy. Close call.

Definitely don't do any of the Moss deals.As for trading Caddy for the 1.04 + a 2nd, think you should walk away from the deal. He is obviously high on Caddy and will come back to you. I have never seen a rookie pick calculator and think they are impossible to judge as each year is very different, also if he is using a modified veteran draft calculator that will be way off as the drop off in rookie drafts is much more than in vet drafts.

Users who are viewing this thread