What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ty Law to KC? (1 Viewer)

gbill2004

Footballguy
Bengals | Might Law follow Edwards to the Chiefs?Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:43:52 -0800Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports there is some speculation that if the New York Jets release CB Ty Law, as expected, he could follow former Jets' head coach Herman Edwards to the Kansas City Chiefs.

actually Miami Herald has reported thsi week that Sam Madison might end up with his old buddies Surtain and Knight in KC.Dont know how we afford either, devoid of a Holmes or Shields retirement

Law isn't the guy he used to be. He's put on weight and slowed down. Yes, he had some INTs this year, but haven't I read that his penalties for interference are way up (related to his being slower and doing more grabbing)?If he gets a big contract, it's going to be built on his reputation and not his performance in NY.

Madison won't be expensive, and while he ain't the DB he used to be, he is still in the top 1/2 of DBs in the NFL, especially if you play press coverage

Law isn't the guy he used to be. He's put on weight and slowed down. Yes, he had some INTs this year, but haven't I read that his penalties for interference are way up (related to his being slower and doing more grabbing)?

If he gets a big contract, it's going to be built on his reputation and not his performance in NY.
I don't think any teams think he's worth alot of $. I think they look at him simply as a vet.IIRC he liked the Chiefs last offseason.

The man has a very high (probably unrealistic) opinion of his worth, however. It'll be interesting to see how this year plays out for him. He made some comments about NE that made it sound like he'd be willing to come back. Reading between the lines I think it was "I underestimated how good I had it there" but that's just my homer take on it. ;)

Bengals | Might Law follow Edwards to the Chiefs?

Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:43:52 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports there is some speculation that if the New York Jets release CB Ty Law, as expected, he could follow former Jets' head coach Herman Edwards to the Kansas City Chiefs.
Article in the Daily News yesterday which indicated that Herm was extremely soft with Law all year, letting him miss meetings, skip practices, etc.

Law isn't the guy he used to be. He's put on weight and slowed down. Yes, he had some INTs this year, but haven't I read that his penalties for interference are way up (related to his being slower and doing more grabbing)?

If he gets a big contract, it's going to be built on his reputation and not his performance in NY.
I don't think any teams think he's worth alot of $. I think they look at him simply as a vet.IIRC he liked the Chiefs last offseason.
He did like KC.......but didnt like the money offered to him by Carl Peterson. I somehow dont see Carl begging ty to come play for us, while he is given 3 years and oh, lets say 21 million. :lmao:

As the previous poster stated, Mr. Law thinks he is ROnnie Lott or Deion Sanders....he's not.

Users who are viewing this thread