What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyjae Spears has Fantasy value in rbbc too (1 Viewer)

So funny you included him with McIntosh because these are two players, I am eying who are a little overlooked right now...Spears definitely has a wow factor to him and can jump off the TV screen at times...another guy who probably has no chance of being a #1 but could be a piece of an RBBC who could put up decent fantasy stats without a lot of touches if his big play ability translates to the NFL...definitely a guy who can improve upon his stock even further this offseason after an impressive outing against SC.

I was going to post this as a follow up to post Faust made about the Senior Bowl roster but my early prediction for biggest Senior bowl fantasy riser is Spears. Would probably list a TE, Luke Musgrave, next.

So funny you included him with McIntosh because these are two players, I am eying who are a little overlooked right now...Spears definitely has a wow factor to him and can jump off the TV screen at times...another guy who probably has no chance of being a #1 but could be a piece of an RBBC who could put up decent fantasy stats without a lot of touches if his big play ability translates to the NFL...definitely a guy who can improve upon his stock even further this offseason after an impressive outing against SC.
Another major player i can't wait to see at the senior bowl is a cb. so not very fantasyb relevant but im writing a scouting report on him right now. Watched all his all 22 film today

We will see how he does at prctices during senior bowl week. I know a couple scouts that have him as rb 3 but i don't know if im ready for that yet. lol

We will see how he does at prctices during senior bowl week. I know a couple scouts that have him as rb 3 but i don't know if im ready for that yet. lol
This is a deep and talented RB class, with guys like Kendre Miller, Tank Bigsby, Mohamed Ibrahim, Israel Abanikanda, Chase Brown, Deuce Vaughn, Kenny McIntosh, Eric Gray and Tyjae Spears, among others, all projected as Day 3 picks in early mocks.

I really like Spears, but that is a bold call to rank him as RB3 in this class. Spears is a bit undersized, but he reminds me a bit of Jerick McKinnon.

5'9.5 204 at the senior bowl. For the type of back he is, that will do.
I have a strong feeling I'll be taking this guy in the second in some leagues.
ETA- And a growing concern I might not actually get the chance.

I really like Spears, but that is a bold call to rank him as RB3 in this class. Spears is a bit undersized, but he reminds me a bit of Jerick McKinnon.
I like that comp, but I'd add: McKinnon if he knew how to play RB when he entered the league.

"Outed" by Matt Waldman. Won't be getting him at the 3.1. Now a question of whether he's an option at 1.7, or someone to move down for in the late 1st or 2nd.

sfDynastyFF (Rob) @quintorris
The burst here is alien type stuff from Tyjae Spears

Sub 4.4 40 wouldn’t surprise me at all

Yeah I’ve seen enough, Tyjae Spears has some of the most rare burst I’ve ever watched

This entire run shows you the type of player he is but to be able to hurdle, land and explode like that in the blink of an eye is one of a kind

JC @JCJDynasty
Tyjae Spears had 112 zone carries vs. 117 gap carries, the most even split in the 2023 NFL draft class given workload easily:

Spears can slot into any offense and be an efficient runner in their scheme.

A PFF REC grade of 73.0 (6th in the 2023 class)

Spears can do it all. twitter.com/i/web/status/1…

Cory P @FF_Guitarist
#Tulane RB Tyjae Spears went over 120 rushing yards in the final 8 games on the season

He averaged 193 rushing yards, 6.5 yards AFTER contact per attempt and 10 (!) missed tackles forced over the final 3 games

He played his best when it mattered the most⤵️
#NFLDraft2023

5'9", 204 is ludicrous for that sort of apparent speed and agility.

This RB class just gets deeper by the moment, doesn't it?
I definitely did not expect Tyjae to come in that big. Plus 10-inch hands, the largest of all Senior Bowl RBs!

The other surprise was Chase Brown checking in at 215!

Guess the cat is out of the bag on the Ekeler of this class. He certainly won't be going undrafted like Ekeler was.

5'9", 204 is ludicrous for that sort of apparent speed and agility.

This RB class just gets deeper by the moment, doesn't it?
This.

Saw some of his highlights and just assumed he was tiny. Big fan of the speed, acceleration, and pass catching ability.

Feels like a guy that could be a sneaky pick later in rookie drafts--but the internet hype will grow and he'll move up boards.

All over Twitter. The weight being 204 is a huge win for him. Rookie draft price on a rocket today.

2023 Senior Bowl Day 2 standouts: NFL draft buzz for WR Nathaniel 'Tank' Dell, LB Daiyan Henley

Excerpt:

5) Tulane's Tyjae Spears looking sharp as receiver.
It's going to be hard to slow down the Spears hype train this week.

The Tulane running back has been one of the early stars at the Senior Bowl, making impressive plays two days in a row. On Wednesday, Spears had a few eye-opening plays.

He slipped on a run play during 9-on-7 work, and it looked like he might go down for no gain, but he regained his balance, shifted his weight and picked up yardage. He also stood tall in receiving and pass-blocking drills, and ripped off a long touchdown run late in the session.

Two things have stood out: Spears has looked quick at 204 pounds (after playing in the 190s last season, he said) and has done well catching the ball.

At Tulane, Spears was often an afterthought as a receiving option, catching only 28 passes in his first 22 college games. A two-game spell last season against Southern Mississippi and Houston offered a glimpse of that ability, with Spears catching a combined 11 passes for 159 yards and a TD.

Spears said Wednesday he never asked the Green Wave coaches for more chances as a receiver. Why? Because he said it wasn't his job to decide how the offense was run.

"I never tried to put myself in the coach's shoes because there are so many things you've got to put into the equation," Spears said. "I can't just go to (them) and say, 'Hey, use me (as a receiver) out of the backfield. I am not that player. I'll let you figure it out."

It appears the American team coaches have figured it out. Expect Spears to get even more chances to catch the ball as the week continues.

This is a deep and talented RB class, with guys like Kendre Miller, Tank Bigsby, Mohamed Ibrahim, Israel Abanikanda, Chase Brown, Deuce Vaughn, Kenny McIntosh, Eric Gray and Tyjae Spears, among others, all projected as Day 3 picks in early mocks.

Agreed... I'm debating on giving up my late 1st round pick (1.11) to accumulate additional 2nd round picks (along with my 2.03). Would like to grab at least two or three RBs. They may not play right away but they will in the latter end of the season, which is due to the battle of attrition.

Titans selected Tulane RB Tyjae Spears with the No. 81 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.

Spears (5’11/201) didn’t see much work until his junior season when he earned a committee role in Tulane’s backfield. He took over the backfield as a senior and rushed for 1,581 yards and 20 touchdowns on 229 attempts. Spears also put together a solid season through the air with 256 yards on 22 receptions. On tape, he looks even better as a receiver than his numbers show. He’s a fluid route runner with soft hands and both of these traits were on display again at the Senior Bowl. Spears doesn’t bring much power with his game, but he can break long plays on outside runs and will immediately step into a pass-catching role in the NFL.
Apr 28, 2023 at 10:13 PM ET

Before Ralph Sampson(didn't work but huge deal) and Bernard King (did work) surgeries changed the world, players did play without an ACL.

I think this was a weird pick at that spot. Injury should have knocked him down further.

Haskins has good hands. Chestnut does too. Hilliard was excellent and is still unsigned.

They ve already called him a third down back so temper any FF expectations.

Henry has to play bad for anyone to consider moving on from him.

Also draft writeups called his hands questionable so this matches all the other weird to bad third down backs they've drafted

Users who are viewing this thread