What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tynes still back after the BYE? (1 Viewer)

IGKYA!!!

Footballguy
Tynes was expected to resume his job in week 5 after the Giants bye. Is that still the case? Any news on the Giants kicking situation?

It seems that the NYG K, whoever it is will be very valuable going forward.

I currently own Carney and have started him the last two weeks instead of Shane Graham. I am a bit perplexed by this news of dropping him. The guy comes in and is money in each game but yet Tynes is supposed to come back and you are gonna drop Carney? Maybe I am crazy but Tynes sure is not a superstar kicker. Its not like its Tom Brady or Payton returing from injury. If the G men drop Carney I hope someone picks him up, he has been great.

I agree, Buckeye- and that is why I posed the question. Carney has been my starting K in all 3 of my leagues to this point with GREAT results.

have to wait and see I guess

I too heard it was Tynes' job but...I wouldn't go away from Carney

BAH!! I had my waivers set up to drop Rackers and pick up Carney ( as he is the top Kicker right now). Now I read that he may be dropped?!? Does Tynes immediately step into Carney's place and produce fantasy points at the same level?

All this for a kicker? go to the waiver wire, chug and plug. Now go worry about your flex son. cheesh.
You do realize there are other scoring systems besides the one in your league right?"Coughlin plans to make a decision on game day, insisting only one placekicker will be active."

At least we'll know when the inactives come out Sunday morning.

All this for a kicker? go to the waiver wire, chug and plug. Now go worry about your flex son. cheesh.
You do realize there are other scoring systems besides the one in your league right?"Coughlin plans to make a decision on game day, insisting only one placekicker will be active."

At least we'll know when the inactives come out Sunday morning.
Like what FG and extra points? Those are groundbreaking scoring systems. cheesh.

I can't believe Coughlin has given us a legitimate reason for an ongoing kicker thread.

Why would he go away from Carney now? The guy hasn't missed, and he's not dealing with a sore knee. I wish Coughlin would commit to one of them for the foreseeable future so I can pick him up now that the Giants have their bye out of the way.

Like what FG and extra points? Those are groundbreaking scoring systems. cheesh.
The scoring system in my league puts top kickers on par with a high end WR2. Last year the top kickers in my league scored as many points as Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Kevin Curtis, Torry Holt, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread