What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC President Dana White beats up Wife and MMA media is silent over it (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
For those unaware Dana White was seen on Video on New Years eve party. It's just very unsettling to see the president of a world known company hitting a women and the whole sport is pretty mum on it. Only One I've seen Condem Actions is Dustin Poirier who is an outright good person in general. We got ******* Sean O'Malley saying she deserved to be it. Then UFC in general has been mixed on handling DV stuff over the years. Rhonda Rousey former UFC Women's champ now WWE Women's champion condemned DV only to marry Travis Brown who beat the crap out of his own wife.

I guess I'm not surprised though. I went to my one and only UFC Event here in Philly with my dad and we were both turned off by the events from the crowd that night and UFC personal doing nothing about it. One security person we asked told us "we were told not to get involved unless a physical fight happened." We went because BJ Penn was fighting and I wanted to see Italian Alessio Sakara in person. The rudeness and ignorance from the crowd was godawful. The racial slurs and tropes amongst the homophobic comments and toxic masculinity was down right embarrassing. This was in O9. We had another event in 19 where friends of mine went and it was similar.

So honestly not surprised there isn't more of an outburst from the fans. Don't get me wrong its a great sport to get into. I think at a young age it can build confidence, teach life lessons and teach someone skills. Unfortunately there's a lot of arrogance and assholes and guys who think women belong in the kitchen and nothing more along with a lot of fighters who think they are above the sport. Then you got a boss who under pays his fighters. After McGregor and Brock have both left I've had almost no interest in the sport.

Dana's Mom says he's gone overboard in the past in a 2O11 biography on her son

silent where? espn reported on it, TBS has pushed the slap league stuff back a week and may continue to push it. she slapped him in the face and his reaction was to slap her back in the face, i’m not condoning what he did but a slapping someone is different imo than hitting someone.

Unaware? I saw it on every channel and read about it all over the online news media.

Not condoning this at all but they were both blasted. Nothing good comes after that much alcohol.

silent where? espn reported on it, TBS has pushed the slap league stuff back a week and may continue to push it. she slapped him in the face and his reaction was to slap her back in the face, i’m not condoning what he did but a slapping someone is different imo than hitting someone.

everyone reported it. It was literally front and center of every single MMA reporters social media.

Although a reporter from ESPN did say this:

===============================

Jeff Wagenheim

@jeffwagenheim

We've been told to not write anything incendiary on social media about the Dana White situation, and I understand why and have abided by that. I just ask y'all to understand that some of us at ESPN do not have as soft a take as this on domestic violence.

slapping is different from hitting which itself is very different from beating up.

White was obviously still very wrong but the OP's title is misleading and incendiary IMO.

Last edited:

slapping is different from hitting which itself is very different beating up.

White was obviously still very wrong but the OP's title is misleading and incendiary IMO.
Agreed. Slapping is not the same as beating up, and the OP conveniently left out that his wife hit him first. There is no excuse for the behavior of either.

Plus, this has been talked about everywhere this week, so the OP clearly has an axe to grind.

Agreed. Slapping is not the same as beating up, and the OP conveniently left out that his wife hit him first. There is no excuse for the behavior of either.

Plus, this has been talked about everywhere this week, so the OP clearly has an axe to grind.
I guess cause he went to an event with his dad and both were shocked the crowd was rowdy and there was “toxic masculinity“ at a sport where people are trying to beat each other up.

everyone reported it. It was literally front and center of every single MMA reporters social media.

Although a reporter from ESPN did say this:

===============================

Jeff Wagenheim
@jeffwagenheim

We've been told to not write anything incendiary on social media about the Dana White situation, and I understand why and have abided by that. I just ask y'all to understand that some of us at ESPN do not have as soft a take as this on domestic violence.

In other words Dana White is a little ***** and my Company paid him a lot of money for the rights to stream his company so we are refraining on anything big time against the boss.

White apparently has a history of hitting his wife according to White's own mother

You really want more outrage from from what casual fans view as the most violent sport in the planet? I'd say most kind of expect it. Just stop watching. Hit them in the wallet.

can we change the subject and see if the ffa agrees the jamaal williams is the most fun guy in the nfl?

Users who are viewing this thread