What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ukraine Aid and Whistleblower Timeline (1 Viewer)

Is it worth adding things like "Bill Barr installed as AG" and "Devin Nunes travels to Italy" or is that too broad of a scope?

Good stuff @SaintsInDome2006.  I'm out and about this afternoon - will update this evening.

One other thing that's been bugging me:

06/19/19: Sandy said that, on June 19, he heard from OMB's Mike Duffey in an email that Trump had seen a media report of some kind and had questions about the Ukraine security assistance. 

I sure would like to know what this media report was.  I'd assume it was something on Fox and probably Hannity.  I wonder if anyone has found this report?

Fwiw I think it's worth noting when the WB went to CIA Counsel and when he went to the IG. Obviously approaching the Schiff staffer would be somewhere in between. So if the main call with Ukraine was 7/25 and the report was 8/12, the progression was:

1. WB goes to CIA counsel. - post 7/25 - eta - Apx. 7/29/19-8/4/19, "The week after the call", the WB filed "a somewhat broad accusation anonymously to the C.I.A.’s general counsel.”
  2. WB talks to HIC staffer and is referred to IC IG. - I think it's worth noting that in order to evaluate the claim the CIA counsel Elwood had to contact Eisenberg to see what was what, even though it was raised anonymously this was a weakness in the course that WBer had taken because it exposed him/her without protections. Apparently, the CIA cousnel was also getting pushback and it appeared the report would be buried. My guess is this is why the WB went to the HIC staffer next for help or protection, as his identity and report had been risked. "While it is not clear how the officer became aware that Ms. Elwood had shared the information, he concluded that the C.I.A. was not taking his allegations seriously. That played a factor in his decision to become a whistle-blower, they said. And about two weeks after first submitting his anonymous accusations, he decided to file a whistle-blower complaint to Mr. Atkinson, a step that offers special legal protections, unlike going to a general counsel." - However long it took for Elwood and Eisenberg to communicate and work over time probably was something like a week, so maybe it was roughly apx. 8/4/19-8/8/19 that the WBer contacted the HIC staff as that would still allow time for preparation of a report to the IG.
  3. WB files report - 8/12
I think maybe something Moleculo could add is when Trump would have learned of the WB complaint. I think that's been established so I will edit to add.

I think another significant date is Zelensky beating Poroshenko in the election, I will see if I can dig that up.

5-3/19 - Trump and Putin talk.

- Per Kent, Putin talked Ukraine down extensively.

timeline updated.

Good stuff @SaintsInDome2006.  I'm out and about this afternoon - will update this evening.

One other thing that's been bugging me:

06/19/19: Sandy said that, on June 19, he heard from OMB's Mike Duffey in an email that Trump had seen a media report of some kind and had questions about the Ukraine security assistance. 

I sure would like to know what this media report was.  I'd assume it was something on Fox and probably Hannity.  I wonder if anyone has found this report?
It might be worth considering that there might not have been an actual report and just one of Trump’s ‘lots of people are saying’ misinterpreted as someone saying/writing something. Could have just been Rudy talking to him about the Burisma-Biden connection.

it's interesting to me that a good bit of these newly released phone calls between Guliani, OMB, "-1" and Parnas happened before Zelenskyy was elected.  Obviously Guliani's adventures in Ukraine predated the Zelenskyy election.

It appears I need to tie in Solomons reporting as well as his name keeps popping up.

to be continued....

One thing that stands out:

Aug 30: Sondland tells Ron Johnson he thinks the reason Trump is withholding the aid is Trump’s desire to force the investigations. Trump privately confirms this to Johnson the following day, according to Johnson.

If Trump confirmed the QPQ (involving the money) then it blows up the big talking point that Sondland was just making assumptions. It also brings into question why Johnson hasn’t been called to testify since he has first hand knowledge from Trump.

One thing that stands out:

Aug 30: Sondland tells Ron Johnson he thinks the reason Trump is withholding the aid is Trump’s desire to force the investigations. Trump privately confirms this to Johnson the following day, according to Johnson.

If Trump confirmed the QPQ (involving the money) then it blows up the big talking point that Sondland was just making assumptions. It also brings into question why Johnson hasn’t been called to testify since he has first hand knowledge from Trump.
Johnson told a different story in the letter he sent to the House when the impeachment inquiry started. 

https://www.ronjohnson.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2019/11/johnson-responds-to-house-republicans-request-for-information-on-ukraine

The purpose of the call was to inform President Trump of my upcoming trip to Ukraine and to try to persuade him to authorize me to tell Zelensky that the hold would be lifted on military aid.  The president was not prepared to lift the hold, and he was consistent in the reasons he cited.   He reminded me how thoroughly corrupt Ukraine was and again conveyed his frustration that Europe doesn’t do its fair share of providing military aid.  He specifically cited the sort of conversation he would have with Angela Merkel, chancellor of Germany.  To paraphrase President Trump: “Ron, I talk to Angela and ask her, ‘Why don’t you fund these things,’ and she tells me, ‘Because we know you will.’  We’re schmucks. Ron. We’re schmucks.” 

I acknowledged the corruption in Ukraine, and I did not dispute the fact that Europe could and should provide more military support.  But I pointed out that Germany was opposed to providing Ukraine lethal defensive weaponry and simply would not do so.  As a result, if we wanted to deter Russia from further aggression, it was up to the U.S. to provide it.   

I had two additional counterarguments.  First, I wasn’t suggesting we support the oligarchs and other corrupt Ukrainians. Our support would be for the courageous Ukrainians who had overthrown Putin’s puppet, Viktor Yanukovich, and delivered a remarkable 73% mandate in electing Zelensky to fight corruption.  Second, I argued that withholding the support looked horrible politically in that it could be used to bolster the “Trump is soft on Russia” mantra. 

It was only after he reiterated his reasons for not giving me the authority to tell Zelensky the support would be released that I asked him about whether there was some kind of arrangement where Ukraine would take some action and the hold would be lifted.  Without hesitation, President Trump immediately denied such an arrangement existed. As reported in the Wall Street Journal, I quoted the president as saying, “(Expletive deleted) — No way.  I would never do that.  Who told you that?”  I have accurately characterized his reaction as adamant, vehement and angry — there was more than one expletive that I have deleted.  

Based on his reaction, I felt more than a little guilty even asking him the question, much less telling him I heard it from Sondland. He seemed even more annoyed by that, and asked me, “Who is that guy”?  I interpreted that not as a literal question — the president did know whom Sondland was — but rather as a sign that the president did not know him well.  I replied by saying, “I thought he was your buddy from the real estate business.”  The president replied by saying he barely knew him. 

it's interesting to me that a good bit of these newly released phone calls between Guliani, OMB, "-1" and Parnas happened before Zelenskyy was elected.  Obviously Guliani's adventures in Ukraine predated the Zelenskyy election.

It appears I need to tie in Solomons reporting as well as his name keeps popping up.

to be continued....
Clearly, Parnas (who seems to be a Guliani lieutenant) was working with Lutsenko to dig up dirt on Biden/Burisma.  It seems the QPQ was related to ousting Yovanovitch.  For some reason, State/WH drug their feet on this. 

Lutsenko was still Prosecutor General in July of 2019.  Yovanovitch had been outed for a few months before the infamous July phone call.  I'm not sure why a Biden/Burisma investigation was never announced.

ETA: timeline updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
also, I wasn't aware that Ukraine swapped out prosecutor General at the same time all of this news broke.  I find that very interesting.

Clearly, Parnas (who seems to be a Guliani lieutenant) was working with Lutsenko to dig up dirt on Biden/Burisma.  It seems the QPQ was related to ousting Yovanovitch.  For some reason, State/WH drug their feet on this. 

Lutsenko was still Prosecutor General in July of 2019.  Yovanovitch had been outed for a few months before the infamous July phone call.  I'm not sure why a Biden/Burisma investigation was never announced.

ETA: timeline updated.
Zelensky getting elected probably changed that. Going off the timeline, I’d guess that Zelensky either shut down the investigation or the previous agreement was conditioned on the previous administration getting re-elected.

If the July phone call came around the time the new Prosecutor took office, I’d guess that’s why they had to up the QPQ to the WH meeting and defense aid.

Zelensky getting elected probably changed that. Going off the timeline, I’d guess that Zelensky either shut down the investigation or the previous agreement was conditioned on the previous administration getting re-elected.

If the July phone call came around the time the new Prosecutor took office, I’d guess that’s why they had to up the QPQ to the WH meeting and defense aid.
well, one thing is clear: as early as March 2019, the Ukranian Government knew EXACTLY what Trump was talking about WRT Biden investigations. Zelensky was the new guy coming in, maybe he didn't know what deals were being worked.  Makes sense for Trump to remind him directly what was expected.

well, one thing is clear: as early as March 2019, the Ukranian Government knew EXACTLY what Trump was talking about WRT Biden investigations. Zelensky was the new guy coming in, maybe he didn't know what deals were being worked.  Makes sense for Trump to remind him directly what was expected.
I think the bigger revelation was that the previous administration was willing to play ball with Trump and his people and makes you wonder how far it goes back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/world/europe/ukraine-mueller-manafort-missiles.amp.html

Let’s not forget that Ukraine ended their cooperation with the Mueller probe and the investigations into Paul Manafort at the same time that we sold them the Javelins. The Ukrainian government even admits that’s the reason.

Not only did Trump military aid to try and open investigations in Biden, he previously used weapons to help protect him and his associates in the Mueller probe.

Users who are viewing this thread