What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

United Airlines.. ruining vacations step by step- ama (1 Viewer)

To be fair... The United staff was actually really great. 

But bottom o the barrel prices brought out bottom o the barrel travel behavior.

Always go Jet Blue when possible. To me they are the best around. Free internet that actually works, free entertainment and live TV on every seatback even for short flights. 

What feels like much roomier seats than other airlines. 
I've had good luck with JetBlue too.

A plus for united- extensive movie and tv catalogue for everybody to access through their own tablet, etc for free. Watched a bunch of movies. Killed a lot of time. Had my kidneys footmassaged.

Hawaiian Airlines is worse.  Seriously.  No dixie cup of guava juice is gonna make those flights better.  Oof.
I've never had an issue with Hawaiian, except that all of their flights are about 30 minutes late.  But so are their connecting flights, so it all works out.

yeah, those bums that try to vacation in Hawaii are the worst. Only topped by the ones that try for Bora Bora and Tahiti, amirite?

I think that's the problem.  Airline customers are extremely price conscious so it's always going to be a race to the bottom in terms of service.

I dislike air travel as much as anybody but it's still pretty amazing that you can get thousands of miles for hundreds of dollars with a high degree of safety and a relatively acceptable level of comfort.  Maybe I'm just easily impressed :shrug:

I think that's the problem.  Airline customers are extremely price conscious so it's always going to be a race to the bottom in terms of service.

I dislike air travel as much as anybody but it's still pretty amazing that you can get thousands of miles for hundreds of dollars with a high degree of safety and a relatively acceptable level of comfort.  Maybe I'm just easily impressed :shrug:
It's all fine until 2 out of 2 flights are delayed.

It's all fine until 2 out of 2 flights are delayed.
You pays your money, you takes your chances.

For me, it's a bigger problem on a short flight.  If I'm delayed an hour on a 5 hour coast-to-coast flight, it's 20% overage.  But when a commuter flight gets delayed and a 45 minute hop takes 2 hours, it messes up my whole day.  Plus I'm at LAX so it sucks even more.

You pays your money, you takes your chances.

For me, it's a bigger problem on a short flight.  If I'm delayed an hour on a 5 hour coast-to-coast flight, it's 20% overage.  But when a commuter flight gets delayed and a 45 minute hop takes 2 hours, it messes up my whole day.  Plus I'm at LAX so it sucks even more.
Like I mentioned upthread, we scheduled an early flight from NYC to CA so we could have an afternoon there on a short stay. The delay killed that- and we watched the next two flights that we could have slept in for take off no problems.

Like I mentioned upthread, we scheduled an early flight from NYC to CA so we could have an afternoon there on a short stay. The delay killed that- and we watched the next two flights that we could have slept in for take off no problems.
Yeah, I hate that.  It sucks to see a later flight to the same destination boarding at the next gate when I'm waiting for god knows what on my scheduled flight.

Users who are viewing this thread