What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unlucky Omega league (1 Viewer)

Tiger Fan

Footballguy
Will this thing fill up? Only 34 have signed up so far and we're 3 weeks away? I was really looking forward to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed this with several other leagues, too, unfortunately. Michael had to offer a refund or a move to another league for one league I signed up for that didn't fill up, and this may happen again in another one that I signed up for and is supposed to draft on Sunday. :(

can somebody give me the link...I think I'm going to enter. Which league has the most staff? :football:

I know it will fill up he has more time this year than last year.People seem to wait till the last minute. When they see 70 signed up they'll panick and try to get in before it closes and some will be left out,because of the mail time. First come first entered,and he won't offer a second OMEGA league.

With a quick glance at the rules I have a couple of questions...did the following two rules ever come into play last year? I seem to remember some grumblings. If that is the case then Omega will be the only league I'd enter. I'm extremely weary of collusion and given Unlucky's loose definition it could easily be covered up.

ii.      Seemingly unbalanced trades are allowed provided collusion isn’t suspectediii.      The league members may overrule a commissioner’s veto by a majority vote
Did anybody who participated last year have issues or remember if there were any?

Well, the biggest problem getting signups is that I haven't posted in the Shark Pool. The last time I did, it got moved. Quite a few more people read the Shark Pool than the Dating Game forum.If I can leave this thread here, I'm sure Omega 20 will fill up. 96 team league, broken into 8 leagues of 12. Play everyone once in weeks 1 to 11. Top 4 move on to 32 team head to head bracket for weeks 12 to 16. $50 entry fee, 85% cash returned as prize money. There are a lot of message board people in many of my leagues. If you want to be in the same leagues as someone else, let me know in the comments section of the signup page.

With a quick glance at the rules I have a couple of questions...did the following two rules ever come into play last year? I seem to remember some grumblings. If that is the case then Omega will be the only league I'd enter. I'm extremely weary of collusion and given Unlucky's loose definition it could easily be covered up.

ii.      Seemingly unbalanced trades are allowed provided collusion isn’t suspectediii.      The league members may overrule a commissioner’s veto by a majority vote
Did anybody who participated last year have issues or remember if there were any?
No trading in Omega. As for other leagues, I've added a league vote clause to veto trades. So it's not entirely in my hands.

I'll be paid in full for Omega by tonight. :football: :football:

Who wants a piece of the LHUCKS?

Unlucky - any way you could make the other leagues "no trading" leagues? That may be a huge deterrent for persons such as myself.

I am still hopeful the $500 auction league Zeta 60 will fillI thought a free shot at me would incite the masses.

I am still hopeful the $500 auction league Zeta 60 will fillI thought a free shot at me would incite the masses.
I've had 5 total people sign up for $500 leagues. They are hard to fill for sure.

I didn't even know there was an Omega league this year. Did it last year, but I signed up for the 4 Quarters league.Since it's been a problem filling these I wonder if it is splitting participants. I mean, I like doing 1 regular league and one longshot league not 2 longshot leagues.

does the "signed up" column on the status page refer to those who have paid?
Just those signed up.I do think the 4 Quarters and Omega have split people a bit. I also overestimated the overall demand when setting the initial schedule, thus some of the leagues not filling. Getting a ton of people to sign up isn't as easy as it seems.

does the "signed up" column on the status page refer to those who have paid?
Just those signed up.I do think the 4 Quarters and Omega have split people a bit. I also overestimated the overall demand when setting the initial schedule, thus some of the leagues not filling. Getting a ton of people to sign up isn't as easy as it seems.
I agree with 17seconds. I didn't really want another drafting league this year, so I went with 4 Quarters. But I think you're right as well that we really should keep the threads about it here. Maybe you can bribe Shick! into not moving it?

I was in a league last year, but find this year the restrictions stop me from participating.1) Last year Paypal was an acceptable method of payment, this year it's not. You'd be surprised at how many people would join if payment was that little bit easier. If it eats into the bottom line, charge a slight surcharge for Paypal payments to cover costs.2) Eligible areas. I live in England and it looks like I get nothing if I enter and win. I know I can fake the address bit by pretending I live in an eligible zone, but that may involve getting someone to lie on my behalf, which if push came to shove could be considered a criminal offence.Would love to join if I can receive assurances for these concerns

I was in a league last year, but find this year the restrictions stop me from participating.1) Last year Paypal was an acceptable method of payment, this year it's not. You'd be surprised at how many people would join if payment was that little bit easier. If it eats into the bottom line, charge a slight surcharge for Paypal payments to cover costs.2) Eligible areas. I live in England and it looks like I get nothing if I enter and win. I know I can fake the address bit by pretending I live in an eligible zone, but that may involve getting someone to lie on my behalf, which if push came to shove could be considered a criminal offence.Would love to join if I can receive assurances for these concerns
I agree about the PayPal thing. I would think it is more secure and safe then a personal check (how I ended up paying for my leagues this year). PayPal is very quick, and very easy. Some people may be deterred from going through snail mail.Also, I do agree that the lack of opportunity to advertise has hurt the leagues a lot, as far as signups. Isn't Phenoms now together with FBG? Why wouldn't Unlucky be allowed to advertise here and everywhere on this site? Heck, a blurb here and there in the daily emails would help!

I don't want to add another league at this point... but I may enter Omega.I'll take a look at it tonight.

I agree about the PayPal thing. I would think it is more secure and safe then a personal check (how I ended up paying for my leagues this year). PayPal is very quick, and very easy. Some people may be deterred from going through snail mail.Also, I do agree that the lack of opportunity to advertise has hurt the leagues a lot, as far as signups. Isn't Phenoms now together with FBG? Why wouldn't Unlucky be allowed to advertise here and everywhere on this site? Heck, a blurb here and there in the daily emails would help!
I was hoping to take eChecks, but that hasn't worked out so far. I'm hoping to have that option for next year. It depends on the transaction fees. It's illegal to charge a surcharge to cover transaction costs. Dropping a check in the mail should cost you less than $.50. As for countries other than Canada and the US, I just don't know the laws governing contests. If you have someone in one of these countries enter for you as a "co-owner", that's OK. You can handle the money however you see fit.Phenoms is independent of Footballguys. Otherwise, you'd see it everywhere.

I've had 5 total people sign up for $500 leagues. They are hard to fill for sure.
Unlucky, how many of the 5 registered $500 teams have actually paid? Saints Man and I split a Zeta-20 team and I see that the check was cashed. If the other 4 have already paid, we may be able to consolidate into one league and hope to get 5 to 7 others to join. If only Dodds and us have paid, we might as well start looking into moving that money into smaller leagues that will fill.What do you think?

Unlucky, how many of the 5 registered $500 teams have actually paid? Saints Man and I split a Zeta-20 team and I see that the check was cashed. If the other 4 have already paid, we may be able to consolidate into one league and hope to get 5 to 7 others to join. If only Dodds and us have paid, we might as well start looking into moving that money into smaller leagues that will fill.What do you think?
I would be interested if we could make that a "no trade" league.

I would be interested if we could make that a "no trade" league.
We would prefer it to be no trade too. I mean, I love trading, but with the stakes being higher and not knowing the other league members, better off avoiding the chance of collusion.

I was in a "non-Omega" league last year and there was no problem with any of the trades. It was only a $50 league though.

ii. Seemingly unbalanced trades are allowed provided collusion isn’t suspectediii. The league members may overrule a commissioner’s veto by a majority vote
I was in a "non-Omega" league last year and there was no problem with any of the trades. It was only a $50 league though.
I'm a little bit more weary of collusion when six grand is on the line.

sure, i understand. that's why i qualified with my league fee. this is probably heresy to say on this board, but i'm not a fan of trading -- one of the reasons omega interested me.

sure, i understand. that's why i qualified with my league fee. this is probably heresy to say on this board, but i'm not a fan of trading -- one of the reasons omega interested me.
I don't think it's heresy...most of the sharks probably agree. I sent my money in for Omega because of the no trade rule :thumbup:

It's illegal to charge a surcharge to cover transaction costs. Dropping a check in the mail should cost you less than $.50.
Consult with your attorney, but as a former eBay powerseller I think there's a legal way to work around it.I believe it's OK to quote a cost of say $52 for the league, but to then offer a "discount" for those paying cash--it's the bait-and-switch of charging a higher price that gets you into trouble. I think even the "discount" strategy is against the rules if you are taking CC, but if you're taking paypal I think it's OK.Alternatively, you could possibly have the price be $52 across the board but basically pay an extra "bonus" to the league champ based on how many people paid by check--in a ten person league if 8 paid by check, you'd give a 2 X 8 = $16 bonus to the winner.I'd strongly suggest you consider that in the future as I do think you'd get a lot more business that way.

I'm in DELTA 20 & we need 1 more. It's a $50 league with basic scoring (standard performance) with a flex lineup (1RB/4WR, 2RB/3WR, & 3RB/2WR options). Anybody here in that league?

I'm also in OMEGA & 4 Quarters Challenge. I originally was in DELTA 40, which was a $200 league, but it didn't fill. Unlucky said he's going to offer more slow drafts next year, which I much prefer. I waited too long to enter some of the other slow drafts he offered. I'm going to try another service for some slow drafts this year since I missed out, but will be back to Phenoms in '05.

Contest Type

B6

Entries per League

Entry Fee

$ 50

1st

$ 1,880

2nd

$ 800

3rd

$ 400

4th

$ 200

5th - 8th

$ 100

9th - 16th

$ 50

% Cash Returned

85%

XI. Special Rules for 96 team leagues

a. 96 teams leagues are broken into 8 sub-leagues consisting of 12 teams

b. The 8 sub-leagues draft simultaneously according the draft rules in section II

c. Trading of players or draft picks is NOT allowed

d. Waiver wire moves are allowed in weeks 1 – 11

e. Sub-League play consists of playing each team once in weeks 1-11

f. The top 4 teams from each sub-league advance to the head to head Championship Bracket

g. Tie breakers within the sub-league

i. Wins

ii. Most points scored

iii. Most points against

iv. Head to Head

h. In the Championship Bracket, the teams are seeded based on total points scored in weeks 1-11

i. Seed #1 plays Seed #32, Seed #2 plays Seed #31, and so on

j. There is no re-seeding after each weeks games

k. The Championship Game is week 16

l. There is a consolation game in week 16 to determine the 3rd and 4th place finishers

m. Tie breakers for games played in the Championship Bracket

i. Highest scoring non-starter

ii. 2nd Highest scoring non-starter

iii. And so on until the tie is broken

This is OMEGA 20 In case you were thinking about joining a great league.

It's a live draft 8/29/04 at 1:00. check it out.

http://www.phenomsff.com/status.html

I'm in DELTA 20 & we need 1 more. It's a $50 league with basic scoring (standard performance) with a flex lineup (1RB/4WR, 2RB/3WR, & 3RB/2WR options). Anybody here in that league?
I'm also in DELTA 20, and am anxiously awaiting one more victim, errr, owner so that we can commence with the draft this coming Monday morning.I'm in DELTA 50 as well, and we need 2 more IDP (real men) owners to fill the league & start the draft on Monday.

C'mon, gents, put 'em up on the bar & let's see what you've got.

:thumbup:

Just got notified by Unlucky that all of the $500 leagues are being cancelled due to low sign-up. I'm going to be looking at one or two of the $200 leagues now.

I'm also in DELTA 20, and am anxiously awaiting one more victim, errr, owner so that we can commence with the draft this coming Monday morning.I'm in DELTA 50 as well, and we need 2 more IDP (real men) owners to fill the league & start the draft on Monday.

Just 1 more for Delta 50 now :thumbup:

Just 1 more for Delta 50 now :thumbup:
That was one of the others I signed up for. I just hope I'm 12 and not 13 or 14...

Just got notified by Unlucky that all of the $500 leagues are being cancelled due to low sign-up. I'm going to be looking at one or two of the $200 leagues now.
Me too. But like BroadwayG I don't want to be 13 or worse and get shut out. Like you I'm paid and have a positive balance. so we should get first choice,right?

Up to 40 now. It's gaining steam and should fill. It's worth your $50 just to play against all the other big mouths on the board.

Users who are viewing this thread