What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unofficial Diane Feinstein thread: Is it over? (1 Viewer)

NorvilleBarnes

Footballguy
After a lifetime of service to the liberal cause, it seems like the left is turning on her. There's been a lot of chatter in  Twitter land about what I thought were minor missteps such as hugging Graham or complimenting a response from Justice Barret. Here's a piece in the New Yorker about her possibly being "too old".

Thoughts?

ETA: Correction, I think she hugged Graham not Mitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a lifetime of service to the liberal cause, it seems like the left is turning on her. There's been a lot of chatter in  Twitter land about what I thought were minor missteps such as hugging Mitch or complimenting a response from Justice Barret. Here's a piece in the New Yorker about her possibly being "too old".

Thoughts?
If she’s too old to do the job competently she should resign and let Katie Porter have her Senate seat.

After a lifetime of service to the liberal cause, it seems like the left is turning on her. There's been a lot of chatter in  Twitter land about what I thought were minor missteps such as hugging Mitch or complimenting a response from Justice Barret. Here's a piece in the New Yorker about her possibly being "too old".

Thoughts?
Might be time for he to hang em up, but the two incidents above aren't reasons to do so - in fact those are what a decent politician should be doing (regardless of party).

Gr00vus said:
NorvilleBarnes said:

Thoughts?
Might be time for he to hang em up, but the two incidents above aren't reasons to do so - in fact those are what a decent politician should be doing (regardless of party).
Agree. I was just wondering if they might have impacted the timing. From the article it sounds like some were already suggesting she should step down and these little "events" probably didn't help.

Just when you thought the right couldn't be more intransigent and anti-democratic, along comes the fringe left and their Anitfa-loving bastards to remind you that the right isn't the only repository of extremism in major domestic politics these days.

Agree. I was just wondering if they might have impacted the timing. From the article it sounds like some were already suggesting she should step down and these little "events" probably didn't help.
I think the events you are talking about are media buzz on the right. There have been many anonymous reports of insiders and staff questioning her competency and whether or not she could continue to do her job and it wasn't because she hugged Lindsay Graham. No one is "turning on her." She's 87 years old. The fact that she even ran for re-election 2 years ago and won is mind-boggling. 

NorvilleBarnes said:
After a lifetime of service to the liberal cause,
I’m not even sure this is accurate. She’s been a social liberal her entire career, and a brave one when others were not. But she’s never been a leftist. Her economic views have been consistently centrist and pro-business; her foreign policy views tough and hawkish. The left has never liked her. She’s an old style Harry Truman like Democrat. I don’t always agree with her but there are very few politicians I respect more. 

She still has some fight in her.

LINK

"The recorded phone call released by the @WashingtonPost  shows that President Trump is continuing his brazen struggle to overturn the 2020 election results, in this case by threatening Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger if he fails to manufacture votes for a Trump victory."

Her and Joe could be in the home together. Doesn't even know what she is voting for.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-dianne-feinstein-chides-staffers-202953374.html
In fairness, I suspect this applies to most of Congress on well more than half of their votes.
Agreed, but this wasn't some huge bill with hundreds of pages. It was a simple vote she has done many times. They told her exactly what it was and she still did not know.

Users who are viewing this thread