What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (3 Viewers)

Yunus with a game tying goal in injury time in the Copa Del Rey (they ended up winning 4-2 AET) against minnow Terrassa

https://twitter.com/AubieAnderson/status/1339305827144896512?s=20
The Spanish Football Podcast

@tsf_podcast

Terrassa are VERY MUCH part-timers, their squad include...An Amazon delivery driver, three teachers, a guy that works in a sports shop and a dentist! They've just taken Valencia to extra time and were seconds away from knocking out the (still) reigning champions!

That Weah goal was nice. Great aggression to close the ball down and force that amateurish howler from the defender. He looks genuinely explosive with his movement and space coverage. Of course also a really nice finish.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Stop with the platitudes and play the lad

=======

Larry Henry Jr

@lhenry019

Lille manager Christophe Galtier on Tim Weah's first Ligue 1 goal for the club: "Timothy is coming out of a tough season and he doesn't have a lot of playing time. He works a lot, he is very respectful of choices.  He puts determination in the sessions, he shows himself when he comes home, like against Prague But also against Celtic with one goal, and one more tonight. We all know his potential, we see it in every practice."

charlie kennan

@charlie_kennan

Daryl Dike has reported interest from Club Brugge (1st in the Belgian League) now in the UEL. Prior to entering the 2019 MLS Super Draft, he reportedly already had EU interest. Bryan Reynolds is also on Brugges shortlist.

Last edited by a moderator:
charlie kennan

@charlie_kennan

Daryl Dike has reported interest from Club Brugge (1st in the Belgian League) now in the UEL. Prior to entering the 2019 MLS Super Draft, he reportedly already had EU interest. Bryan Reynolds is also on Brugges shortlist.
My only problem with Brugge is they have a striker from Nigeria, Emmanuel Dennis.  Granted Horvath is there, but we don't need other Nigerian players recruiting him. 

(Remember his sister, brother, and cousin have already played for Nigeria, and he is eligible for both the US and Nigeria.)

barcacentre

@barcacentre

Barcelona are very attentive to Gianluca Busio, Sporting Kansas City's 18-year-old midfielder. The club have excellent reports on him and have held informal contacts with both his club and entourage. For now, no offer has been submitted

add Roma to the list

===============

Gianluigi Longari

@Glongari

#Roma idea di mercato dagli #Usa piace il terzino 2001 #Reynolds del #DallasFC

Roma in the fight for RB Bryan Reynolds from Dallas FC

Wow is this kid generating interest.  if that bid from Roma is correct, that would be fabulous for a kid with half a season of pro experience

========

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

FC Dallas have received a bid from AS Roma of $9.2m/€7.5m for Bryan Reynolds, sources tells http://MLSsoccer.com. Marseille are also in the mix, I'm told. http://MLSsoccer.com and others have previously reported interest from AC Milan, Juventus and others

barcacentre

@barcacentre

Barcelona are very attentive to Gianluca Busio, Sporting Kansas City's 18-year-old midfielder. The club have excellent reports on him and have held informal contacts with both his club and entourage. For now, no offer has been submitted
I wish I had an entourage at 18.  Hell I wish I had one now.  (Not really, but still...)

This was not really the answer I was looking for, although the Hakim tidbit is interesting.  I was more interested in why he did not switch back when it was clear it was not working.  His note about Hakim tells me we can be assured of Pulisic on the left when they all get healthy

=======

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Frank Lampard on Pulisic changing positions "My decision. I have players who can play on both sides. Not all, like Hakim on the right, but Timo and Christian can play left and right.  It can give the opposition a problem. I like to have the option to change it at times."

This was not really the answer I was looking for, although the Hakim tidbit is interesting.  I was more interested in why he did not switch back when it was clear it was not working.  His note about Hakim tells me we can be assured of Pulisic on the left when they all get healthy

=======

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Frank Lampard on Pulisic changing positions "My decision. I have players who can play on both sides. Not all, like Hakim on the right, but Timo and Christian can play left and right.  It can give the opposition a problem. I like to have the option to change it at times."
I'm just :shuked: why they don't just plopped Werner in the middle when Giroud goes off.  I understand sliding Werner out wide when you start if you want to start your best 11 with Giroud.  But they have to figure out a way to get Werner more central and the like for like sub of Tammy for Giroud isn't the solution.  

I'm just :shuked: why they don't just plopped Werner in the middle when Giroud goes off.  I understand sliding Werner out wide when you start if you want to start your best 11 with Giroud.  But they have to figure out a way to get Werner more central and the like for like sub of Tammy for Giroud isn't the solution.  
I think (but not sure) that Lampard feels restricted because Hakim and Odoi are both hurt and he needs Werner on the wing.

Like you, I think Werner belongs in the middle and while wing is far from Mount's best position, he absolutely can do no worse than Werner did out there.  Mount should be able to provide the cover until players get healthy.

speaking of being shuked, I just don't get this.  I am in no way saying he sucks or anything but I am completely missing something in his game that would make teams of this caliber interested

=====================

Future USMNT

@FutureUsmnt

Spanish outlet Sport ES reporting that in addition to Barcelona, Sporting KC midfielder Gianluca Busio has received interest from Bayern Munich and several "big clubs" from Serie A and the Premier League.

Big game in France this weekend.  First place Lillie take on second place PSG. 

Lets hope Weah gets more than his typical 5-10 minutes.

I love that the wheel keeps turning.

15 year old Felipe Valencia was the youngest goal scorer in USL history.  Today he has signed a home grown contract with Inter Miami and becomes the first player from their academy to make the senior roster.

It has happened extraordinarily quickly as he first went for a try out for the academy back in 2019.

With in two years he went from hoping to get in the academy as a 13 year old, to the main roster.

I mentioned a while back that I felt that Miami is going to play a very important part in US Soccer's future as there are so many young players with South American blood down there, it should open up a whole new pool of talent that no one has uncovered yet.

• Smile
I love that the wheel keeps turning.

15 year old Felipe Valencia was the youngest goal scorer in USL history.  Today he has signed a home grown contract with Inter Miami and becomes the first player from their academy to make the senior roster.

It has happened extraordinarily quickly as he first went for a try out for the academy back in 2019.

With in two years he went from hoping to get in the academy as a 13 year old, to the main roster.

I mentioned a while back that I felt that Miami is going to play a very important part in US Soccer's future as there are so many young players with South American blood down there, it should open up a whole new pool of talent that no one has uncovered yet.
What's absolutely fascinating to me at this point is that a certain subset of MLS teams (in general) have made the calculus that they should be selling 18-21 year old Americans and buying from Latin America-Africa.  It looks like NYCFC is taking the Ring GAM from Austin and buying 20-yr Santiago Rodriguez from Uruguay and I think we know what Atlanta and LAFC have historically done (even NYCFC has Medina before that).  

What's absolutely fascinating to me at this point is that a certain subset of MLS teams (in general) have made the calculus that they should be selling 18-21 year old Americans and buying from Latin America-Africa.  It looks like NYCFC is taking the Ring GAM from Austin and buying 20-yr Santiago Rodriguez from Uruguay and I think we know what Atlanta and LAFC have historically done (even NYCFC has Medina before that).  
it’s great business - I know the general consensus from Joe Eurosnob is that MLS isn’t as good as the Premier League, ergo it sucks.  But the logical next phase of MLS instead is basically to become the North American Eredivisie, with 20 Ajax-like clubs pumping out academy products to Europe.

Some clubs are there (FCD, maybe Philly), others are getting there.

Dead half for Reyna.  This was the least I have ever seen him involved.  0-0 at halftime and Dortmund were only starting to find some extended possession late in the half.

Reyna may have just had the worst game of his pro career and was the focal point on one of Union Berlin's goal.  He even has teammates calling him out.

This is definitely a big moment in his career to see how he handles his first taste of negativity.

===========================

OneGoal

@OneGoalUS

Mats Hummels criticized Gio Reyna’s lack of defensive awareness on the first goal today, noting that [Reyna] “has to stay with his man” and needs to show “that he wants to win above all.”

Sargent has had a few chances today to score, more than usual and he has not been clinical.  Everyone admires all the other stuff he does but at the end of the day a striker has to tuck in his chances.

Italian papers are reporting Reynolds to Roma is done.

Anyone have an idea how good a move this would be for him?  Is there a chance to crack lineup early?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate how invested I am in Musah already.
I am working hard to not go all in. 

Given the time of year, I remember using this same tactic when I was a kid and looking forward to a specific Christmas gift but not getting too invested in case it was not under the tree.

:)

• Laughing

Users who are viewing this thread